Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Illuminations Grand Gathering worth it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is the Illuminations Grand Gathering worth it?

I am travelling to WDW in November 2009 (YAY!) and the party i'm with (12 of us) are currently booked into the Illuminations Grand Gathering at Epcot. We have been hearing crummy reviews. Should we use 2 table service meals for this or skip it in favor of something else?

We are going to the Safari in Animal Kingdom GG and the Breakfast in MK GG too. We have dinner booked at Coral Reef, California Grill, Boma, Le Cellier and San Angel in (lots in Epcot already!

Any thoughts? reviews?

Re: Is the Illuminations Grand Gathering worth it?

I have never tried it myself but have heard similiar bad reviews
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

With the EPCOT Grand Gatherings you get a great buffet dinner with international cuisine. The food is from the various pavillions around the World Showcase. There is a little show and they recognize birthdays, anniversaries and such and then there is a surprise visit from Goofy and Minnie. Goofy and Minnie will then do a special Meet & Greet and there usually is a PhotoPass photographer there for the meet & greet portion. There are a few dances and then everyone heads out to a special location and dessert party to see Illuminations. It really is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
        With the EPCOT Grand Gatherings you get a great buffet dinner with international cuisine. The food is from the various pavillions around the World Showcase. There is a little show and they recognize birthdays, anniversaries and such and then there is a surprise visit from Goofy and Minnie. Goofy and Minnie will then do a special Meet & Greet and there usually is a PhotoPass photographer there for the meet & greet portion. There are a few dances and then everyone heads out to a special location and dessert party to see Illuminations. It really is nice.

So you have attended this event? Can I ask how recently? It seems the 2009 reviews are much harsher than those previous...

Thanks!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X