X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Espresso fix easily had?

Hi all,

Planning our 1st WDW trip and I'm wondering if I should FedX my espresso maker down to meet us, or if there are adequate locations within the resort to keep my jones in check?
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Re: Espresso fix easily had?

Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Hi all,

Planning our 1st WDW trip and I'm wondering if I should FedX my espresso maker down to meet us, or if there are adequate locations within the resort to keep my jones in check?
    Well Disney isn't exactly the PacNorWest with an espresso joint literally on every corner and to tell you the truth the few they have are just so so... There is one in each park and a couple of Starbucks located outside the property. I would suggest maybe looking at getting a coffee plunger...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
      Well Disney isn't exactly the PacNorWest with an espresso joint literally on every corner and to tell you the truth the few they have are just so so... There is one in each park and a couple of Starbucks located outside the property. I would suggest maybe looking at getting a coffee plunger...

Thanks for the warning Coastierox! French pressed coffee isn't going to satisfy this die hard. I best just send my espresso maker on ahead to meet us when we get there. No way will I last 10days w/ no good jo.

Comment

Yes, take it from a Seattlelite... there isn't a decent drop of espresso to be found in WDW. You might get lucky in a fine dining restaurant somewhere on property, but even that's a long shot. Come prepared!

Comment

This is one of my strongest complaints of the Disney parks. They made a contract with Nestle and so every coffee you find is quick, instant flavored water. Either rent a car and drive off property daily or do as you suggested. I hate to have to admit it. Everything else is do fantastic, it just seems weird that this is where they fail.

peace,
          Roo
          husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I just go to the Starbucks over at the outlet mall nearby.

Comment

Good coffee can be had at Disney World:
              The Minute-By-Minute Guide to Walt Disney World: Breakfast

I like the Expresso Coffee & Pastries kiosks that serve Joffrey's Coffee, but The Writer's Stop is my favorite.

Comment

Joffrey's does have good coffee. When I worked in Brandon, I liked stopping at the Joffrey's near my office after work.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Morrow View Post
                  Good coffee can be had at Disney World:
                  The Minute-By-Minute Guide to Walt Disney World: Breakfast

I like the Expresso Coffee & Pastries kiosks that serve Joffrey's Coffee, but The Writer's Stop is my favorite.
                  Okay...thank you for this article! I bookmarked it for further study.

I will agree, however, that the tea shop across from Yak and Yeti is a find! We were hit with a Florida Storm and the crowd cleared--so I walked up in my poncho and *puft* magic teas from around the world. No coffee, but we true coffee drinkers can find a home with the tea mongers.

Peace,
                  Roo
                  husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                    Okay...thank you for this article! I bookmarked it for further study.

I will agree, however, that the tea shop across from Yak and Yeti is a find! We were hit with a Florida Storm and the crowd cleared--so I walked up in my poncho and *puft* magic teas from around the world. No coffee, but we true coffee drinkers can find a home with the tea mongers.

Peace,
                    Roo

X2. Though I'm prepared to take my espresso machine w/ us, this article makes me believe I CAN survive 10days with what's available on property.

Comment

I love it! Flying an espresso machine down for a WDW trip is exactly what my wife and I talked about (we're from the Pacific Northwest, too), but we decided it was a sign of a serious addicition so decided to go without. Wow, was that a mistake! One thing to consider: the water in Florida is awful and will result in awful espresso. Are you planning on using bottled water? Heck, that's a small investment considering all the other stuff you're going through. Good luck!

Comment

I drank the flavoured water, but then i'm no afficianado...
                        I think some of the people on here need therapy :-)
                        Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Need therapy? Please! Of course we do! We're Disney addicts in the first place!

Peace,
                          Roo

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                            Need therapy? Please! Of course we do! We're Disney addicts in the first place!

Peace,
                            Roo
                            Well yeah, that bit goes without saying...I was wondering about the sanity of those people that feel the need to post coffee makers because the local stuff isn't up to the mark....is it worth that effort...Imagine how they'd react if the parcel got lost. The characters would need bodyguards not handlers !
                            Last edited by Thorpeedo; 09-25-2009, 12:19 AM. Reason: added a bit
                            Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Shipping???? did you say shipping??? what a great idea! I was stressing about just getting coffee. We are staying at pop and read that there is no coffee pot in the room. But, I could send a cheap little pot for the trip and leave it for the next guests.

Comment

my father is a black coffee addict. I think that was his only complaint about WDW. He can't find a decent cup of black coffee. He doesn't want the fancy stuff...or the instant. He wants fresh, plain coffee. I don't think he ever found it.

Good luck on the espresso search!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X