This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] America Sings In Epcot?

I was just thinking, should the American Adventure section of World Showcase have America Sings? would it be just wrong for it(AA) to have two rides?(I have a poll for this) Your thoughts please.

Timekeeper
    Yes.
    59.09%
    No.
    40.91%
    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Re: America Sings In Epcot?

It's an interesting idea, and a clever way to revive a classic attraction... but I think WDW should spread the love to the rest of World Showcase, as in giving actual attractions to countries that still have none, before they worry with giving the American Pavilion another show-stopping attraction.

Comment

America Sings was a great attraction in it's day, but that day has passed.

Besides, like was said there are other areas of WS that could use a new attraction.

Would an Alice in Wonderland trackless darkride attraction work in England?

How about an Aladdin's flying carpets simulator in Morocco?

Or maybe finally building the boat ride for Germany and even the Mt Fuji thrill ride for Japan?

As much as I love the place the way it is, WS could really use a new E-Ticket style attraction.
      Last edited by 3rdshiftCM; 09-22-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

My number one favorite attraction in the whole world!!
        I totally got the charm and that "Disney" feeling .. that transcends in any generation, as far as I'm concerned.

Of course there are other pavilions that have yet to have even one attraction .. But we are just "armchair imaginering" for the heck of it anyway. It would go great with the American pavilion. Compliment the American Adventure very nicely with one very serious attraction .. to one that is just the opposite - light hearted.

If only the carousel theater were in Main St. instead of Tomorrowland .... America Sings could have endured to this day. No one knows for sure. But .. as I went on it like a hundred times ... it was one of those "Disney Classics" in my book.
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
          America Sings was a great attraction in it's day, but that day has passed.
          That says it all. I think the GP would have a less than stellar opinion if America Sings suddenly was dropped down into Epcot! It was killer for the time and place it was designed for, though.

Comment

I don't think it was that great an attraction even in its day. And now that I can listen to the entire soundtrack thanks to that 6-cd album of DL music & attraction audio, I can honestly say that it doesn't need to come back. Besides, most of the AA figures went into the new characters in Splash Mountain, so it's not like the show is just sitting around in a warehouse somewhere.

I'm usually not a Negative Nellie on things like this. But I didn't like this show when it replaced my beloved Carousel of Progress. I saw it maybe once a year while it was in, and I don't think I ever really warmed up to it. I mean, when their version of modern rock & roll in the 80's and 90's was Joy To The World - nope, never connected with me!

Comment

It was a GREAT attraction in its day and would still be so today. It was possibly the last great musical AA attraction created by Disney (and Marc Davis, in particular) and deserves a permanent home somewhere. Pull the Carousel of Progress out of MK's Tomorrowland and move it to Epcot then put America Sings in it. This is the best idea I've heard in years!!

Comment

Although America Sings was a good show the idea of it doesnt fit into a realistic representation of America. Just think about about the Mexico Pavillion - The Grande Tour doesnt show Mexico in a realistic sense and diminishes the idea of the Showcase.

Since The American Journey is already a riveting story, something cartoonish wouldnt make sense. Now putting a show of that kind in the Imagination Pavillion would fit perfectly.

I personally would like to see the concepts for the German Boat ride and Meet the World (Japan) come to light as they both show the countries in a realistic way.
                Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

I would LOVE an updated version of America Sings! It was my favorite ride/show besides PeopleMover when I visited Disneyland back in 1985. I was so disappointed to see it was gone when I went back in 1989.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                    I was just thinking, should the American Adventure section of World Showcase have America Sings? would it be just wrong for it(AA) to have two rides?(I have a poll for this) Your thoughts please.

Timekeeper
                    Personally? I would rather see America Sings (which I only saw ONCE during DL's 30th anniversary) take over the horrid Hall of Presidents. While I am not a fan of that boring American Adventure show, at least that one does not have the feel of a cheap political rally with trailer park guests cheering for their prefered president/political party. And while at it, not only replace the Hall of Pres, but add a flume to it and rename it American Sings Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Personally? I would rather see America Sings (which I only saw ONCE during DL's 30th anniversary) take over the horrid Hall of Presidents. While I am not a fan of that boring American Adventure show, at least that one does not have the feel of a cheap political rally with trailer park guests cheering for their prefered president/political party. And while at it, not only replace the Hall of Pres, but add a flume to it and rename it American Sings Mountain.
                      WHOA!
                      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post

Timekeeper
                        It should be noted that The American Adventure is the name of the AA show that's the centerpiece of the America pavilion. And no, I don't think AS would be a good fit for anywhere in Epcot.

Comment

Oh BTW, American Adventure is a SHOW, NOT A RIDE.

America Sings was technically both because you watched an act from the show, then you'd rotate to the next scene.

Comment

See? I rest my case.

Comment

???

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X