This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Need weather advice

The question I have to ask is, what is the weather normally like in Oct? I am going Oct 17th-24th. Also how are the crowds at that time too. Thanks for the info.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

Re: Need weather advice

Was there in Oct. several years back and weather was pleasant, if a bit cool at night. Might want to bring a light jacket just in case. Crowds weren't bad back then, but that was back before the free dining and other deals. Might be more crowded now.

Just wanted to add...
    Given the small crowds, coupled with the general lack of hot, nasty weather, I'd love to go back in October. In contrast, our February trip was almost too cool and this is coming from a Wisconsin boy!

Comment

It can vary. Last time I went in October it was still in the 90's during the day and in the mid 70's at night. Florida weather is very strange. My suggestion? Look at the 10 day forecast on The Weather Channel's website a few days before you head down and pack accordingly, then keep an eye on the forecast while you're visiting.

10 Day Weather Forecast for Orlando, FL (32830) - weather.com

Comment

Average high's are listed as 85 degrees, average low's 65, and rainfall is about 2 3/4 inches of rain.

I look forward to hearing all about your trip.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

But this year may be a wetter than normal fall/winter due to El Nino.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Three weeks from today is the trip. I am really looking forward to it too.

Comment

are you arriving the 17th? we will be boarding the disney magic have a great trip

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Comment

My flight leaves LAX the morning of the 17th and I arrive in Fl around 8:25 that night.
                One other question I have is, how far is the American terminal is from the Southwest airline is? Because my sister in flying in from WA and we are getting there around the same time. So I was wondering how far the two airlines are from each other? Thanks. I am really looking forward to this trip.

Comment

I have been looking at a map of the Orlando Airport. It appears that Southwest Airlines and American are both on the A side of the Airport. However, they are at opposite ends. American is part of a group of airlines that use gates 1-29, and Southwest is in another group of airlines that use gates 100-129.

Once you get off your flight, you take a shuttle to the Main Terminal. That is where baggage claim is as well as shops and restaurants, etc: It is actually a plus for you that both of you are on the same side (A) of the airport.

I am sure that you and your sister can decide on a middle ground meeting spot.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X