This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walt Disney World - IN 3D!

Ok, these are REALLY freakin' cool! Great idea, and perfect execution. I've always loved the "magic eye" 3D stuff, but these photos bring it to a whole new level!

:thumbup:
    --Jonathan

Comment

I can see the Magic Eye 3D pictures within seconds without even trying, but I just can't do it with these.
      It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

I see them by slowly crossing and uncrossing my eyes. They just pop into focus at one point.
        The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Immediately when I cross my eyes, the image becomes blurry, and no matter how much I cross them, it is still blurry. Any suggestions?

Comment

I was never able to do the Magic Eye things, not after years of trying and hours on end each time. These don't seem to be any different for me. It's a great idea, but things like this will just never work for me. I'll take the glasses instead.

Comment

Hmm, I've always been able to do Magic Eye straight away, but I can't get these to work at all, been trying for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by RocknGuitar View Post
                Immediately when I cross my eyes, the image becomes blurry, and no matter how much I cross them, it is still blurry. Any suggestions?
                Hmm. If you can get the (blurry) images lined up correctly, your eyes should revert to normal focusing...

Try the clock photo. It should be the easiest to see the two yellow circles standing out from the dark background as you cross your eyes, so try to get them to overlap perfectly. Once they do, hold it as long as you can in that position. Theoretically your eyes should be tricked into thinking they're looking at a single image...

If it still doesn't work, maybe try different focusing lengths (closer or further from the screen). Your eyes should also be level with the picture, and level with each other. For instance, if you cross your eyes and notice one blurry yellow circle is higher than the other blurrly yellow circle, try tilting your head slightly until they are even.

Here are a couple different sizes. Let me know if these are any easier:

Did you try the hand thing in the instructions? A couple of friends were only able to see the 3D after I suggested allowing each eye to only see the opposite image...

Originally posted by Bryce05 View Post
                Hmm, I've always been able to do Magic Eye straight away, but I can't get these to work at all, been trying for ages.
                I've never been able to see the standard Magic Eye images!

I've only been able to see them if I did the crossed-eyes thing (but then the image is inside-out)... I think with the "Focus past the image"-type of Magic Eyes, size is a factor, too. Maybe you'll have luck with the smaller images?

Comment

The only way you can make this work is if both of your eyes are more or less equal in their vision. One of my eyes is much stronger than the other, so these kind of pics just don't work for me. But I'm sure they're very cool if you can get 'em to lock in!

Comment

Must be a boring slow day at the laughable place I see...

Comment

I had no trouble seeing these; they're just like those old GAF Viewmaster toys.
                      Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                      Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

The difference is that with Viewmaster you didn't have to work at it - your left eye could only see the left image, same with the right. I still have one in my closet somewhere, along with a few old circa 1968 Disneyland reels!

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                          The only way you can make this work is if both of your eyes are more or less equal in their vision. One of my eyes is much stronger than the other, so these kind of pics just don't work for me. But I'm sure they're very cool if you can get 'em to lock in!
                          Hey, just knock out one of the lenses on a pair of reading glasses! )

Preferably your own pair... :unsure:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X