• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captsmith84
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

Main Street Curb Removal Update

Main Street U.S.A. is undergoing a massive project to remove the curbs from the walkways to improve guest flow during Wishes, SpectroMagic, and the new stage show, Cinderellabration. These are photo updates on the new curbless areas of Main Street U.S.A. The hub is being done first. Rumor says the rest of Main Street will follow, but it could only be selected parts.

Here's a link to the most recent photos:

Click Here!
  • BigDaddyKyle
    Miranda Lambert and Me!
    • Jan 2005

Thanx for these photo updates, Bill! I have really been wanting to see new pics, but haven't been able to find any good ones (pixel wise that is)!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

• captsmith84
      Banned User
      • Jan 2005

Those pics were actually sent to me along with a buch of others from my friend on AIM. Now I have people e-mailing me asking for credit for their photos. When my friend comes back online, I'm gonna give him a talking to. But anyway, I can't take credit for taking the photos myself, just for gathering them from my friend and hosting them.

Comment

• BigDaddyKyle
        Miranda Lambert and Me!
        • Jan 2005

tell your friend that I said Thank you! I am sure several other people on this forum say thanx also!
        Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
        Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

• disneyland dude
          is confuzzled.
          • Jan 2005

AH! why on main street? where will we sit during parades now....

Comment

• captsmith84
            Banned User
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BigDaddyKyle
            tell your friend that I said Thank you! I am sure several other people on this forum say thanx also!
            Actually, I'm kinda mad at him now, cause I'm getting all these nasty e-mails about copyright infringement or something.

Though, I admit, GymLeaderPhill's photos are ones I downloaded and used personally... so I owe him an apology. Now he wants me to take them all down, but I don't even know which ones are his...

See this thread:

I doubt it would help you you all told him thanks for his photos that I posted on my site without his permission, because not many people got to view them, but it's worth a shot. I fear that I'm on his bad side now.

Comment

• captsmith84
              Banned User
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by disneyland dude
              AH! why on main street? where will we sit during parades now....
              Don't worry, the curbs have been replaced with nice new black drains. LOL

Comment

• ti2gr
                • Jan 2005

It is my understanding that only the hub area is going curbless not all of Main Street USA. I personally didn't see anything wrong with teh way it was, but with the proliferation of of the ECV's and the many people that use them are just too lazy to walk around the parks, something needed to be done. The same holds true with the SUV sized strollers that are now at the park. It seems people with kids need to bring bags of snacks and stuff to keep the kids occupied. The sidewalks are just getting too cramped because of these strollers and ECV's. No offense to those that truley need the ECV's, but the majority of the people that I see in them on a daily basis are people that really should be walking the fat off, plus they have no regard for those that are walking, they think that they own the road and god forbid you not get out of their way.

Comment

• wem1985
                  • Feb 2005

Wow, thanks for the pics.
                  That's UGLY!
                  Can they mess up the originality of Walt's kingdom anymore?

Comment

• Crispy
                    • Feb 2005

I was thinking the same thing.... now there's no curb to sit on to wait for the parade.

Cris

Comment

• figment1986
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

Main street USA should keep it's curb.... The Hub list it.. (and some trees and planters ext..) to improve viewing of the (should be semi-nightime) daqytime show thats comming from TDL.....

oh and dont forget to Yell at your buddie bill....

Comment

• iPod
                        • Jan 2005

If Main Street lost it's curbs, I would definetly be dissapointed!. Since the shops are all at curb level, would they would have to be at a downslope or would they raise the middle of Main Street?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X