Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be a waste of time or the best idea I ever had?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Would it be a waste of time or the best idea I ever had?

I'm 18 and live in FL, and had the spontaneous thought of, "Hey, you know what? I could try out to be a Disney face character!"

Auditions are this October...but I don't know, I don't think I'd fit their requirements. I weigh 106 and am 5'1ft tall. From what I've been reading, I might not even be able to fit into the costume! At the same time though, I think I'd be perfect as Alice and Wendy...I'm tiny enough to pull off looking 12, at least. As if that wasn't enough...I have a speech problem that is constantly mistaken for an English accent! =P

Here is my picture...chosen to show my short height, lol. What do you think, Disney fans? Should I go for it?

Re: Would it be a waste of time or the best idea I ever had?

Why not tryout? I say go for it!

You do look like Wendy quite a lot.

one hundred and one

Comment

I say go for it too!

You actually have an advantage over us on the west coast, because it seems WDW is alot more lenient when it comes to character restrictions.
      Have you PLay'ed today?

Comment

You have to try ... At least you can say you did it, and not wonder what if I had done the audition.
        sigpic

Comment

Also, WDW has a greater need for the amount of venues face characters are used for, plus you are short (which is also good for furry characters).

I say your chances are very, very high.

one hundred and one

Comment

Definitely go for it! I think you'd be a great Wendy or Alice. Being petite and having a dazzling smile, you'll probably wow 'em at the tryouts.

If for some reason you don't get picked, you now have a fun story to tell. And if you try out again next year, you'll know what to expect.

Good luck and let us know what you decide, ok?

oh..almost forgot. There's at least one thread here about face character auditions. Search for it and you'll get some idea of what it's all about. You might get some good advice too.

Comment

Hmmm...you know what? You Guys are right! After all, what do I really have to lose if I don't get the part? I'm going to go for it! Wish me luck, and thank you for all of the wonderful replies and encouragement! =)

Comment

If you don't do it, you will ALWAYS wonder "What if?"

Life's too short to not explore your interests!
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ayana, I really wish you all the best, and all the encouragement I can to go for it! Looks like you'd make a great face character. Give it your best shot. We'll be pulling for you from 3,000 miles away!
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Definitely go for it! Wishing you the best of luck, and a sprinkling of pixie dust!

(Did that come across... um... you know? Oh, well.)

Jeez... 5'1" and 106 pounds... I think the last time I was around that size, I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade. My 10 year old daughter is already 4'10"+ and almost 90 lbs.
                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Why not? The worst they can say is no thank you. You've got nothing to lose.

Comment

Definitely go for it! Hope you get it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

You know of course you'll have a bunch of us rooting for you! Be open to any character positions, don't just focus on one character or they'll think you're just a fan.

But you could mention it in passing, one time.

Break a leg!

Comment

EEk! After reading about what "fur" characters have to go through, I just hope they don't try to stick me in a suit...little kids kicking at them and weird guys being "suggestive" to them! How awkward! I'd prefer to be a Face character, it seems much safer...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayana View Post
                              EEk! After reading about what "fur" characters have to go through, I just hope they don't try to stick me in a suit...little kids kicking at them and weird guys being "suggestive" to them! How awkward! I'd prefer to be a Face character, it seems much safer...

Haha, I'd take the kicks at Disneyland over the kicks in Florida. It's the heat and humidity over there that would get to me.

And being a face character isn't "safer" per se either. Over here in CA, you might have stalkers meeting you constantly, posting your picture over and over again.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X