X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpectroMan
    replied
    Re: TTA Has New Audio

I'm so glad it wasn't just me. Early last week, I rode and it was almost entirely silent other than the "NOW...APPROACHING...WALT DISNEY'S CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS" and then this last weekend it was completely new. I missed the old one, but it was at least nice to hear a seamless narration from start to finish.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Highly ironic when you consider that WDW's LIMs are far superior to the breakdown-prone spinning tires that were used at DLR.

The new audio track is okay, but I miss the phrase "metro retro historical society." Calling the Carousel family "four families" rather misses the point of the attraction. But boy oh boy am I glad that shouting loud Buzz clip is gone. That was too much for that echo-prone corridor. STAR COMMAND CALLING!!!

I'm pretty sure there's a Martin Smith tribute or something that has a good recording of this audio. I'll look on my DVDs and see what I find.
    The Carousel family is "four families" it's in both the Jack Wagnr script and the Orac-1 script as well as the new one.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The new track even uses the goodyear monorail song!
    Highly ironic when you consider that WDW's LIMs are far superior to the breakdown-prone spinning tires that were used at DLR.

The new audio track is okay, but I miss the phrase "metro retro historical society." Calling the Carousel family "four families" rather misses the point of the attraction. But boy oh boy am I glad that shouting loud Buzz clip is gone. That was too much for that echo-prone corridor. STAR COMMAND CALLING!!!

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
    I wish someone could get some audio of this for us.
    I'm pretty sure there's a Martin Smith tribute or something that has a good recording of this audio. I'll look on my DVDs and see what I find.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Ok, so tried it out today. Came in with a real open mind. Came off with... eh. I mean it didn't ruin the ride, but it certainly cannot be called a good enhancement either. Its kind of hard to hear, as the volume seems lower or something. That and the timing was almost always off. I was in the fourth car, and kept coming into the sound zone a few seconds after the next spiel had started. THAT needs to be fix. Oh well, don't rush out to give it a listen... its not worth it. But the ride itself is just fine, still worth the the midday break.

I would also like to remain it the TCA. Tommorrowland Commercail Authority as its new purpose seems to be to advertise the other TL attractions.
    Every single version of the peoplemover in California and Florida with the exception of the 1994 narration did the same thing advertising the other TL attractions. Peoplemover in Disneyland even had charecters chimming in like C-3PO and Tron.

Leave a comment:

• Kidgenie
    replied

Ok, so tried it out today. Came in with a real open mind. Came off with... eh. I mean it didn't ruin the ride, but it certainly cannot be called a good enhancement either. Its kind of hard to hear, as the volume seems lower or something. That and the timing was almost always off. I was in the fourth car, and kept coming into the sound zone a few seconds after the next spiel had started. THAT needs to be fix. Oh well, don't rush out to give it a listen... its not worth it. But the ride itself is just fine, still worth the the midday break.

I would also like to remain it the TCA. Tommorrowland Commercail Authority as its new purpose seems to be to advertise the other TL attractions.

Leave a comment:

• Timekeeper
    replied

Yes the new narration is basically a recreation of the ORAC-1 spiel. They even hired a sound alike to do it. The ride is also once again refered to as PEOPLEMOVER and overall the new soundtrack reminds me of Disneyland's peoplemover narration before it closed down. The new track even uses the goodyear monorail song!
    Thanks, Ghostbuster626.

Timekeeper.

Leave a comment:

• kcnole
    replied

Has anyone taken a video of this yet? I'd like to hear the new audio.

Leave a comment:

• Disneytwins
    replied

woh. Major FAIL Disney.

Leave a comment:

• ryno1986
    replied

The guy does sound like the Land guy, but talking high pitched like the narrator for the ending of Spaceship Earth. Apparently an artificially high voice is what Disney considers futuristic nowadays.

At first I didn't mind the audio, but after experiencing it for myself, I've changed my mind. It's yet another example of poor writing by WDI. They seriously need to fire their writers, or at least send them back to fifth grade. The part about the Carousel of Progress, which I originally appreciated since the former narration didn't really talk about it, is what bothers me the most. If you listen to the description, they mention "four families". How on Earth did they screw that up? Apparently Disney knows less about their own attractions than we thought.

Leave a comment:

• MarkBearOrl
    replied

I'm not at all happy with the new audio. The announcer sounds very bland and generic and the character voices don't add anything. Walking through Tomorrowland Saturday night I thought it actually took away from the atmosphere.

I prefer the previous version, and even the ORAC-1 version before that, over the current narration. ORAC-1 still tried to set a mood while you were on the ride.

Leave a comment:

• ecdlanddude
    replied

I really wish they'd bring the old one ('94-'09) back. The more I listen to the new one the less I like it.

Leave a comment:

• dfan07
    replied

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
    Granted, it does seem more "Tour of Tomorrowland" a la Disneyland's People Mover of the 80s type narration.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1DZVF03ps"]YouTube - PeopleMover - On-Board Soundtrack [1987][/ame]

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Listening to the audio, I do not like the delivery style. It seems to hurried and as if the narrator is talking down to guests.
    Thank you. I am very surprised by the reaction to the narration on this site. I figured it would be much more negative. Granted, it does seem more "Tour of Tomorrowland" a la Disneyland's People Mover of the 80s type narration, but I found the audio to be amateurish. It's like its a test recording honestly.

I can do without the character voices though. And I don't like how the script is much less "preview of attractions" than "telling you everything that happens so if you get bored/scared/excited we told you so"...but that is how most of Disney's writing is these days.

I still think this has to be a test, Disney is usually so spot on with thier narrator's voices...and this one sounds poor. It is so breathy, it is someone trying to talk in a higher voice to try to feign excitement in their voice. I think the female voice in Space Mountain was much better. It was actually an announcer-worthy voice.

I would have mourned the loss of the old TTA narration no matter what though. It was the last stronghold of the "Tomorrowland as a City" of 1994. Maybe it will grow on me...it sounds like (kinda) the voice in the new Land boat ride...but I just think it sounds like a cheap version.
    Last edited by tloolgb; 10-04-2009, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kcnole
    replied

I wish someone could get some audio of this for us. I used to love the old narration the told you all about the people mover and the lands it went through. I hated the last one that just had the tones that could be heard all over the place telling you what you were approaching.

I'm interested to hear this one and see if its anywhere as good as the old one I remember from so many years ago.

For those who may not remember, here's the one I remember. I loved this narration.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjjUasq4Hn0&feature=video_response"]YouTube - WEDway Peoplemover Front Car Ride-through 1991[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• GRD999
    replied

I enjoyed the part through Space Mountain where the woman interjects to pardon the space dust. I didn't enjoy the characters cutting in and out though, like Mickey, Stitch and Roz.

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Listening to the audio, I do not like the delivery style. It seems to hurried and as if the narrator is talking down to guests.

Really? Talking down to guests?

I thought the audio was just telling you what you were passing by. Apparently the audio is superior to you, and does not even care about you or TLand itself. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LucyintheSky
    replied

I never called it the TTA either. It was always the Peoplemover. So if they're calling it that again, that's great!

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

I hated the TTA audio, so I think the new version will be a welcome change for me. That's awesome they're calling it the "Peoplemover" again for the most part. I never called it TTA. Since I was a little kid, that attraction has been the "We-Day Peoplemover" (because one time I misread the WEDWAY sign and thought it said "WE-DAY"). Duh. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Koutesu
    replied

Yes the new narration is basically a recreation of the ORAC-1 spiel. They even hired a sound alike to do it. The ride is also once again refered to as PEOPLEMOVER and overall the new soundtrack reminds me of Disneyland's peoplemover narration before it closed down. The new track even uses the goodyear monorail song!

Telling by what everyone else is saying, it reminds me of Disneyland's PeopleMover. Though, the funny thing about character voices on Disneyland's version is that it consisted of C3PO, R2D2 (in a way), and the MCP from Tron!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X