Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

WiFi at WDW

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WiFi at WDW

So we're booked up at the WDW French Quarters and wondering if they have WiFi and if so do you have to pay extra for it? I know Mark and I would love to post our photos after our days in the parks to share on facebook.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :yea: DLRP in August then WDW & Disney Cruise in December :yea:

Re: WiFi at WDW

I've never stayed at a hotel (just the cabins), but they did charge 10 dollars per day, and you were directly connected. I do know there were wifi hot spots in the lobby, and designated areas.

I'd suspect 10 dollars a day though.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
      I've never stayed at a hotel (just the cabins), but they did charge 10 dollars per day, and you were directly connected. I do know there were wifi hot spots in the lobby, and designated areas.

I'd suspect 10 dollars a day though.
      That's exactly what it is...$10 a day, with a cord. You also have to have your credit card linked to your room key to use it. We stayed at POFQ this July and we couldn't get in at all. Saved $10 though!
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Yep it's $10 a day and it's a hard-wired connection. No wifi. The closest free wifi place to WDW would be the Buffalo Wild Wings over at the Crossroads or the Panera Bread on Vineland near the Orlando Premium Outlets.

Comment

Just bring a wireless access point and plug it into the hard-wired modem in the room. Viola! Wi-Fi in the room. It'll still cost ya $10 a day though.

They should honestly give you a discount for weeks at a time. $70 for internet during a week's vacation is absolutely ridiculous.
          -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Yep it's $10 a day and it's a hard-wired connection. No wifi. The closest free wifi place to WDW would be the Buffalo Wild Wings over at the Crossroads or the Panera Bread on Vineland near the Orlando Premium Outlets.

In FW, there are free Wifi areas. I don't know about other resorts, but there are spots in WDW. They should be designated on a map of your resort if there are any.

one hundred and one

Comment

The free wifi spots at WDW are few and far between. All the wifi spots I've come across are locked.

Comment

When I was there last February, the Hotel CM's told me there also was free WiFi at the Wide World of Sports.
                - Milo

Comment

Use the fee as an excuse to take the opportunity to disconnect for the length of your vacation.

Comment

Do they at least provide the cord in the room?

Comment

I think I saw cable when we were there last month ...but that's only one room at riverside
                      Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                        Do they at least provide the cord in the room?
                        Yes they do.

Comment

Get one of these:

Cat5e Ethernet Cable Coupler, RJ45 pass-through

And one of these:

http://www.microbarn.com/details.aspx?rid=101894

And you can enjoy your laptop from anywhere in the room. Sitting on the bed, couch, etc...

Best 5 bucks I've ever spent.

OH, and a few rubber bands. SOMETIMES the little plastic tab is broken off the ethernet cable, and if you have a rubber band, you can just wrap it around the coupler, and hold the cable in there real good.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
                            Use the fee as an excuse to take the opportunity to disconnect for the length of your vacation.
                            Good point - unless you need to take work with you (and having done that a few times, I can tell you it stinks :yuck turn off the computer and enjoy your vacation. Personally, I think one of the best things about going to Disney is leaving the outside world behind the minute I hit the main drive - it's a great feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by celticdar View Post
                              Good point - unless you need to take work with you (and having done that a few times, I can tell you it stinks :yuck turn off the computer and enjoy your vacation. Personally, I think one of the best things about going to Disney is leaving the outside world behind the minute I hit the main drive - it's a great feeling.

There are certain times when I hate my Blackberry being attached to my work email...it really takes away some of the vacation in my vacation..
                              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                              -George S. Patton

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X