Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] For those who just got back from WDW...

I'm trying to decide when to schedule my trip to WDW next year. I usually go in November, but decided next year to push up my trip to September or October.

Right now, I'm planning on going the first week in October 2010.

Can anyone who just got back, tell me how the crowds were? Also, was the weather unbearable? I don't mind hot as long as it's not TOO humid.

I also considered going in September, but I don't want to run into the lovebugs. I know they're harmless, but I'd rather avoid them if I could. When do they usually leave the area?

Thanks!

Re: For those who just got back from WDW...

Also, was the weather unbearable? I don't mind hot as long as it's not TOO humid.
    The weather the last couple weeks in central Florida has been very odd. We had a cold front come through the other week, which brought 3-4 days of cooler temps in the mid-upper 70's, low 80's and pretty much no humidity. Then the heat & humidity came back with a vengeance last week, which was brutal. It's actually a bit worse than summer right now as we still have temps in the upper 80's, low 90's right now (this past weekend saw a heat index of over 100 in Orlando).

But next year could be a completely different story. It could be temps in the low-mid 80's and not much humidity, or it could be hot and humid like it is now. Florida weather is highly varied. You never know what it's going to do one week to the next, especially this time of year. Usually we see it start to cool off a little. A couple years ago I went to WDW in late October and it was close to 90 that day.

Comment

We usually make our trip in early October for Food and Wine. The crowds are manageable and the weather can be great or horrible. You never know. But it is an over-all good time of the year to go.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Just be aware that Saturdays at EPCOT during Food & Wine are PACKED due to the locals coming out. The rest of the week it's fairly manageable.

Comment

We were there about three weeks ago. The crowds were not bad. I think the longest we waited for a ride was 20 minutes. The weather was so hot and humid. The other times we went in Oct. the weather was great. So it's kinda hit or miss. Plus you get to see all the Halloween decorations.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terese View Post
            I also considered going in September, but I don't want to run into the lovebugs. I know they're harmless, but I'd rather avoid them if I could. When do they usually leave the area?

Thanks!
            The lovebug actually has two seasons. Late April/May and August/September.

Here's a couple of links to info on the bugs from the University of Florida.

Lovebugs in Florida

Living with Lovebugs

Also, I've been to WDW in April, May, August and September and have never had a problem with them.
            I've been in early October, and I also found the crowds to be manageable. So far for us, everytime we've gone, the weather was great. No guarantee for next year. Love WDW in October!
            Julie Shepherd
            Magical Travel
            Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
            [email protected]
            Toll Free: 1-800-883-1535 Ext. 37

Comment

Originally posted by Terese View Post
              I'm trying to decide when to schedule my trip to WDW next year. I usually go in November, but decided next year to push up my trip to September or October.

Right now, I'm planning on going the first week in October 2010.

Can anyone who just got back, tell me how the crowds were? Also, was the weather unbearable? I don't mind hot as long as it's not TOO humid.

Thanks!
              We just went from Sept. 23rd to Oct 3rd. I loved it. There were very mild crowds and almost all rides (aside from TS in Hollywood Studios) had either a very short wait or were walk right on. It was really hot though. It cooled down at night and rained for the first 2 days we were there but overall it was enjoyable. I think the fall is a great time to plan a Disney trip because of the down crowds and the fact that you will be there for Halloweentime and MNSSHP which is worth the trip alone. I have also had luck with avoiding killer crowds by going to the park in Feb-March-April.
              There's Always Room For a 1000.....Hurry Back

Comment

Lots of good info here, so I will try not to repeat any.........I echo the fact that the Food and WIne Festival seems to be packed on the weekends though!!!!
                We were there right after Labor Day, the weather was hot, but the crowds were tolerable. I have been this same time and had to fight Love Bugs but the weather was perfect...........You might consider the specail events at that time of year in order to decide........
                Kim
                author, "Sharing the Magic"
                Columnist, www.wdwdailynews.com
                We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

Comment

I just returned from being at the parks October 5th-9th and it was, as a previous poster said, ridiculously hot for this time of year. It was like upper 90s with 100% humidity. The lame thing about it is the forecast is impossible to predict, prior to my leaving on the 4th I checked and it said 70s-80s with 30% chance of precipitation and thunderstorms. We saw a sprinkle of rain and the rest of the time was sweltering! Crowds were awesome though!
                  DLR/DCA: x10: 2019,2015,2014,2007,2008,2009,2010,2012,2003,1999
                  WDW: 1x 2009
                  Tall Ship Sailor: ‚ÄčLady Washington 2011

Comment

The weather in Florida can change dramatically from one week to the next and even from one day to the next. Like 2 weeks ago, we had that 3-4 days of cooler weather, then it got brutally hot and humid again. Now this weekend it's supposed to cool off back down into the 70's again. Friday's forecast calls for a high of 86. Saturday's forecast calls for a high of 79 and then 74 on Sunday. Then by next Tuesday it's supposed to be 84 and then up to 87 next Wednesday.

Comment

EWWWWW I hate when the lovebugs come. You see some car bumpers you wish you had never ever seen before. Disgusting. Anyways....

This weekend is supposed to be cooled off quite bit.

one hundred and one

Comment

We went in Sept 2 years ago and it was unbearably hot. Will never go that month again. May wasn't as bad, but Late Oct/Early Nov has always been just perfect imho. Plus food and wine festival!

Comment

Just got back. First week of Oct. Lovebugs were pretty much gone. Saw maybe a total of 20 the entire trip, give or take.

Weather was HUMID! Wiping sweat from my forehead and feeling the sweat on the back of my neck run down my shirt. I was like, this is suppose to be mid 80's weather, cold at night, just how I like it, not RECORD temps for the first week of October. But like everyone at the parks were saying this is not how it usually is and how this year was a fluke.

Crowds weren't bad. Weekend was packed but not crowded. We were able to ride what we wanted with little waits of 20 minutes or so. Oh wait, Peter Pan was the longest wait as usual, 40 to 50 minutes every day I was there in the Magic Kingdom throughout the lenght of our stay. But really, just grab fast passes. I just don't understand why people will wait in a 40 minute plus line to ride a ride that lasts only minutes!

No matter, our next family trip will be first week of November, right when Halloween party ends and Christmas decorations are coming up.

Comment

We were there the first week in Sept. And it was still HOT! The love bugs weren't that bad. But, the crowds were. Until about the 3rd. Then, it seemed to lighten up. A attraction manager at DHS told my husband it was totally dead the 3rd week of Aug. She said she walked down the streets wondering where the people were. Then, the week we were there....they were slammed. So, I suggest steering clear of the last week of Aug/first week of Sept.

Comment

I've been to WDW many times at the end of September to celebrate my birthday, and it's usually a great time to visit. As others have said, this year it was stupidly hot and humid, just as bad as summertime. That cold front that someone else mentioned? Came in on the day that I was leaving!!! Ah well, should be nice in December for my next visit . . .

Comment

We just got back having been there October 10-17. I have to agree, the weather has hot and humid except for Thursday and Friday where it was actually cool during the day. We had one bad experience with rain, and that was on Thursday!

Crowds were decent, we did not wait more than 30 minutes for any of the attractions.

Food and Wine was awesome!

Would definitely go back during October for our next trip!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X