Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

How would you fix Epcot,HS and/or AK?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] How would you fix Epcot,HS and/or AK?

Well if you had the divine powers and freedoms, what would you do?

New lands?
    Re-designs?
    Re-themes?
    Original attractions?

The board's wide open, be creative!

Oh, and MK is completely out of this endeavor...
    Epcot
    43.33%
    Hollywood Studios
    6.67%
    Animal Kingdom
    10.00%
    All three of them!
    40.00%
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

Re: How would you fix Epcot,HS and/or AK?

Fantasmic refurb at DHS.

Epcot or AK, nothing wrong

Comment

Epcot:

1. Bring back original Journey into Imagination (with updated sets, audio, and special effects, of course).

2. Bring back the ending to Spaceship Earth.

3. Change Soarin to either: flying over the world, or over the whole of America.

4. Add rides to those existing World showcase pavilions that don't have any. Showbuildings for some rides originally intended - like the Rhine River Ride - already exist.

Plus many more things, I could go and on, but I'll leave it at that.

DHS

There needs to be thematic integrity to the front sections of the park - Hollywood Blvd / Sunset Blvd / Echo Lake. These areas are supposed to capture the feel of 1930s / 1940s Hollywood. To that end:

1. Get rid of the Hat.

2. Replace, retheme, or relocate rides that do not represent 1930s / 1940s Hollywood or more generally do not celebrate the art of cinema or showbusiness.

3. Add rides that do fit those themes. Some great rides originally planned include a Roger Rabbit simulator, a Dick Tracy EMV ride, and a Great Muppet Movie (omnimover) ride. Even if the first two characters cannot be used, something in the spirit of these attractions is still possible.

Animal Kingdom

1. Build Beastlie Kingdomme.

2. Replace Dinorama with the Excavator.

3. Replace Kali River Rapids with the much more elaborate raft ride originally intended for the spot.

I could go on and on, but I'll spare everyone and stop
      Down with the Hat

Comment

Ditto to Tazman!

Comment

Epcot (needs the most, IMO, because it has the biggest aspirations and is my favorite park):
          1. Get rid of or relocate Leave a Legacy; replace with attractive landscaping or a fountain that doesn't block views of Spaceship Earth.
          2. Clean up the clutter from Innoventions Plaza - the purple whirligigs, tentpoles, and overhead tarps gotta go. Innoventions, Electric Umbrella, Character Spot, and the gift shops should also have clean, simple facades that complement each other.
          3. Rework Imagination and HISTA to be truly imaginative, and to feature Figment AND Dreamfinder... and relocate ImageWorks to the top floor, where it belongs.
          4. Redo Test Track to actually be about the future... keep the current ride system, but put in new scenes explaining what the future of transportation will be like. And while you're at it, tear down that god-awful awning that ruins the architectural simplicity of the round showbuilding and has nothing to do with the Epcot aesthetic.
          5. Add attractions to World Showcase: the Rhine River Cruise in Germany, gondola rides in Italy, a Parisian streetcar ride in France, a river raft ride in Canada.
          6. Give a true ending to Spaceship Earth.
          7. Update Universe of Energy.
          8. Redo Soarin' to be Soarin' over the World
          9. Rename to EPCOT Center, and be all about the 1980's EPCOT Center design in marketing and merchandising.
          IN THE FAR FUTURE:
          10. Add pavilions to World Showcase: Brazil, Russia, Greece, India, Spain... (I know there isn't room for all these, just throwing out ideas)
          11. Reopen Wonders of Life pavilion, perhaps as a Climate Pavilion.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
          1. Tear down the hat, or maybe relocate to All-Star Movies.
          2. Fix up Fantasmic to live up to Disneyland's; see this post for details - and have it run every night.
          3. Refurbish the Great Movie Ride, putting in a few new scenes from classic movies.
          4. Put in new attractions based on the Muppets (since Disney owns them now) and the 1940's Golden Age of Hollywood.

Animal Kingdom
          1. (First priority): fix the Yeti. Whatever it takes.
          2. Say it with me now: Beastly Kingdom. Attraction ideas: Dragon coaster, a ride through a sphinx's temple, a boat-ride dark/thrill ride hunting for the Kraken, a maze featuring unicorns. Everything at CM-M can go, save the Lion King show, which goes to Africa.
          3. Retheme Dinoland to a land where dinosaurs still exist; to that end, rename places so they're not cheesy puns, and put in huge Dinosaur AAs around the land.
          4. Continuing that idea: Replace Dinorama with a Jungle Cruise featuring Dinosaurs, so little kids that love dinosaurs but can't ride Dinosaur (me, 15 years ago) still have a way of seeing some.
          Last edited by MarkTwain; 11-07-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

EPCOT
            • HORIZONS 2.0.......Replace the Wonders of Life building with a new, larger one to house a 21st Century version of the old Horizons attraction....
            • PRT....Personal Rapid Transit vehicles (an offline capable Peoplemover) with 4 different stops inside FutureWorld.
            • MULAN....Replace the Circlevision with a Omnimover ride taking guests thru a series of sets following Mulan's path but emphasizing the Chinese people and landscapes with Mulans story being downplayed/muted.
            • DER RHINE-LANDER......The long awaited boat ride in the already built showbuilding.
            • SWITZERLAND........Featuring The Matterhorn Bobsleds, of course
            • INDIA.......Featuring a Jungle Book inspired attraction....again, as with Mulan, the JB story will be muted to allow the landscape of India to come alive.
            • MARRY POPPINS.......Nothing will be muted here, the story of the Perfect Nanny will be front and center in this Overhead Omnivmover attraction.
            • O'Canada.......Replaced with a "Soarin" type show.....plus some extra "elements"
            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

What a huge list, your mostly going to get alot of the same list but I'll try to take things one at a time and be origional

Epcot

#1 Futureworld
              • Return the unified theme to Futureworld. Bring back the origional unique icons for each pavillion and have the icon placed in a certral location infront of the entrance to each attraction. Fix the signage from so quirky and weird to something more high tech looking (heck even Apple's minmalest iPod type fot if necessary).
              • Strengthen the design of the planters, create a stronger emphasis on the internal theme of each planter. While doing this also be sure to make the transitions work better. It should be easy to get things like a forest themed Land to transition to the Seas.
              • Refurbish Journey Into Imagination. It's a cute ride, I don't necessarily care for dreamfinder but make it longer and more interactive. Right now the attraction is mostly about the senses but since the Life Pavilions gone maybe we could actually mix more of the brains functions into all of this. I agree the interactive center should be in the upstairs of the attraction. The pavilion itself could probably do with a less garrish paint job. Setting up some holograms in the planters could be fun too.
              • Refurbish Universe of Energy. it might be interesting to see about getting a few 4 demensional effects and HD projections working for the film segments. Obviously fossil fuels will be retained for the sake of the dinosoar scene. I like Bill Nye but Ellen can go. Main change the focus to issues invovling renueable energy. Discuss the benifits of the smartgrid technology we're building accross the country now. There's alot to learn about how wind energy (and solar) is managed compared to the old style, work with it but make everything interesting/exciting with some solid presentation and effects.
              • Perhaps create a new wing for Mission Space lite training. The line is HORRIBLE for Extreme on every visit and it'd be nice to see the ride actually run at full capacity again.

#2 World Showcase
              • Create a more natural atmosphere. I know some of you perfer the idealized style of Epcot, but I wish at least the planters but perhaps even the buildings would give a better sense of the actual country their supposed to represent. Most locations in Epcot never feel as immersive as the ones in AK.
              • Refurbish Norway. Dress up some of those painted backdrops to be less obvious. Move the Closing film to the queue while creating a better since of immersion in the viking setting while waiting in line (the mural is nice but doesn't do it for me). I'd like to see the ride highlight some of the more fantastic elements of Norse fantasy or showing vikings as explorers. Something a bit stronger since the ride tends to weaken itself in its last act. Since the ride itself can't be expanded perhaps the final scene can be a walkthrough were the film is right now.
              • Axe Africa, I figure most of what Africa's section has is better represented in Animal Kingdom so might as well bring in some new country that hasn't been represented yet to the showcase, save the money for now and use it for the other improvements I've mentioned.
              • Add another boat ride or two. I'd love to see a ride added to Japan but technically it could be one anywhere. The showcase needs a ride preferably on the opposite side from Norway and Mexico, to really balance out the layout of the land. I say boat ride because it works less intrusively and is family oriented. Technically that rumored Raft ride in Canada could work (or a Log Flume in Canada). The Asian countries are great canidates for their mythos though I suppose you could so something if you could get more Arab countries in on things.

That's about it for my list of top must Do's for Epcot. I could probably think of another for the Studios later.
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

^Thanks Jspider, and basically all who've commented.:blush:

Personally, I believe the Studios should get a reworked Toontown after it's demolished from MK. This new "Toon-sil Town" area would feature Toy Story Mania,the Nemo musical from AK, Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. clones from DL. And, most importantly, a Curse of Darkastle-esqe 3D ride about....
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_oY6dox3k&feature=related"]THESE GUYS![/ame]
                shoots bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider View Post
                  What a huge list, your mostly going to get alot of the same list but I'll try to take things one at a time and be origional
                  Hehe, it is a pretty long list, isn't it? :blush: I guess I hold high expectations for a park that is trying to be so much.

Epcot

#1 Futureworld
                  • Return the unified theme to Futureworld. Bring back the origional unique icons for each pavillion and have the icon placed in a certral location infront of the entrance to each attraction. Fix the signage from so quirky and weird to something more high tech looking (heck even Apple's minmalest iPod type fot if necessary).
                  Wow, forgot about those! That would be great if the pavilions could have corresponding seals again.

Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
                  ^Thanks Jspider, and basically all who've commented.:blush:

Personally, I believe the Studios should get a reworked Toontown after it's demolished from MK. This new "Toon-sil Town" area would feature Toy Story Mania,the Nemo musical from AK, Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. clones from DL. And, most importantly, a Curse of Darkastle-esqe 3D ride about....
                  THESE GUYS!
                  Like this idea too! Since MK won't even have a Toontown Fair anymore, it'd be great if DHS could get something like Disneyland's Toontown, or even better.

Comment

Big List...

Epcot:

FW
                    1. Remove Circle of Life from the Land, replace with Multi-Sensory DisneyEarth production. Remove Soarin' entrance from the land, rebuild at JII. Build Journey to the Center of the Earth to replace Soarin'.
                    2. Create all-new Journey attraction based on Imagination Institute, but with state of the art technologies and illusions (a mystic manor type experience). Replace HISTA with new film. Relocate entrance of Soarin' to JII. Retheme as Soarin' to Imagination.
                    3. Update Test Track to reference new transportation technologies.
                    4. Replace Wonders of Life with new Weather pavilion.
                    5. Replace Universe of Energy with all new attraction. Move dinosaurs to the WDW Railroad.
                    6. Brighten up Innoventions. Open to natural light and make it an open-core instead of a corridor.

WS
                    1. Norway - Reroute Maelstrom queue through (newly themed) theater to show film before ride, allow immediate exit after ride. If possible, extend ride duration.
                    2. Germany - Add Black Forest themed dark ride.
                    3. Italy - Add Ancient Rome section with new water-based attraction.
                    4. American Adventure - Create a "taste of america" buffet style restaurant.
                    5. Japan - New simulator attraction based on bullet trains.
                    6. France - Digitally remaster/reshoot Impressions de France.
                    7. UK - New Mary Poppins "Jolly Holiday" attraction.
                    8. World Showplace - Retheme as changing international expo.
                    9. Canada - Remove 360 film, create water rapids ride through Canadian wilderness.

Disney's Hollywood Studios
                    1. Remove Hat. Remove Great Movie Ride and replace with new Vault Disney simulator/film based attraction. Redesign building to become new park Icon.
                    2. Retheme queue and preshow to Rock N' Roller Coaster to be more interactive.
                    3. Update Fantasmic! to eliminate abundance of animated portions and incorporate more stage/live action.
                    4. Cancel Monster's Inc. coaster project, instead build IncrediCoaster in place of Backlot Tour entrance. Remove Voyage of the Little Mermaid and replace with Monster's Inc Laugh Floor from MK. Build Ratatouille themed Bistro.
                    5. New Muppetvision film, and retheme Pizza Planet to Muppets.
                    6. Add Star Wars Galaxy land with dedicated Jedi Training Academy venue and Speeder-Bike coaster.
                    7. Remove Indy Stunt Show, replace with 2nd Gen EMV Indiana Jones Adventure.
                    8. Remove Backlot Tour for future development space.

Disney's Animal Kingdom
                    1. Remove Camp Minnie-Mickey, replace with either Amazon, Aquatic, Australian, or Mythical Beasts land. I personally would stay away from the original Beastly Kingdom theme in lieu of something different.
                    2. Rebuild Festival of the Lion King to the south of Conservation Station. Create walkway connecting new venue to Harambe.
                    3. Remove Dinorama and replace with a Prehistoric Menagerie experience, with interactive dinosaur encounters and roaming audio animatronics.
                    4. Remove "It's Tough to Be a Bug" and replace with new Underground Adventure themed 3D show.
                    5. Incorporate more animal attractions into the park to put emphasis on real creatures instead of robotic or fictional animals. Perhaps a series of ziplines or challenge trails through or around live animal enclosures to add thrills and up-close experiences.

These are just a few thoughts I've had while walking through the parks.
                    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

I'd put more rides in the World Showcase area. I've mentioned a Yellow Submarine ride in Britian. Perhaps an anime-based ride in Japan (Kingdom Hearts? Astro Boy? Both sound good to me).

The Nemo ride is a joke. At no point do you really feel like you're underwater. It's obviously movie screen. Another cheapie from the Eisner era.

Animal Kingdom DESPERATELY needs Beastly Kingdomme. I for one will never visit the park again until that happens. Stuff the Yeti ride. LAME! Doesn't even work half the time. The rest of the park is a bloated overhyped zoo.

Comment

Why not a question about how to fix the Magic Kingdom? After all, it is WDW's oldest and most technically dated park.

Comment

^Please fully read starter post.
                          MK has been completely banned from this discussion because there's already too many
                          "How would you fix MK" threads.
                          shoots bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
                            ^Please fully read starter post.
                            MK has been completely banned from this discussion because there's already too many
                            "How would you fix MK" threads.
                            Welll, if the MK is in such bad state based on many people's opinion, then why am I being called a "downer" in my other topic? Seems to me this is a case of "blind eye". You see what you want to see. I do not think the other parks need fixing, reason why I didn't care to participate in the silly poll.

Comment

Epcot.

Epcot has Wonders of Life emmpty, a very unpopular Imagination Pavillion, and attraction-wise WS is stale.

one hundred and one

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X