Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith - Who should the new band for RNRC be?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith - Who should the new band for RNRC be?

After the news yesterday that Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith
    http://micechat.com/forums/music/126...aerosmith.html

I figured it might be fun to figure out who could possibly replace them.

For the record, I don't think Steven leaving the band is going to effect the ride at all, and I REALLY hope Disney doesn't use this as an excuse to make a Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers edition of the ride.

So who do you think it could be? And what song(s) would work for the ride?

Re: Steven Tyler has left Aerosmith - Who should the new band for RNRC be?

I really hope the Aerosmith theme will be dropped and replaced with,rather than another band, a mega-hits playlist(Journey,The Who,Foreigner,Creed,Heart .etc).
    It could really stomp out some of HRRR's flare.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

Comment

I'm all for a rotating classic rock mix.

Comment

Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
        I really hope the Aerosmith theme will be dropped and replaced with,rather than another band, a mega-hits playlist(Journey,The Who,Foreigner,Creed,Heart .etc).
        It could really stomp out some of HRRR's flare.
        This sounds alright...minus Creed.

Black Sabbath would be AMAZING!!! and AcDC!
        For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
        http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post

Black Sabbath would be AMAZING!!! and AcDC!
          X2!

I wouldn't mind hearing Jethro Tull's Locomotive Breath or The Stones Sympathy for the Devil.

Comment

Yes, I guess Sabbath and ACDC would be better than Creed.
            Hell, there could even be a holiday overlay...
            Rock N Roller Coaster:Cold as Ice
            :yea:
            Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
            Think of it as a third arm that magically
            shoots bullets!

Comment

I vote for U2.

Comment

A Classic Rock mix would be good, but I don't know if that would work in the context of the ride the way having a single band does. I really do kind of like just having one band for it. If they were to switch bands though, I would have to go with

The Rolling Stones (Probably remixes of Start Me Up, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, Gimme Shelter, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Sympathy, and hopefully Tumbling Dice)

or The Who (Baba O'Reily, Won't Get Fooled Again, The Seeker, Pinball Wizard, 5:15, Who Are You, and Overture)

I would go with an older Rock group though as opposed to a newer one, simply because many rock groups today run the risk of becoming dated. While a Classic group might not be as relevant today, there music will still hang around for a while the way it has for the past 20-40 years.

Sabbath or AC/DC would work as well.
                sigpic
                Long Live the Disney Renaissance

Comment

I hope they keep Aerosmith alive!

It's just a classic.

one hundred and one

Comment

Aerosmith or nothing. You can't afford to mess with perfection. I mean, come on, Steven is 61, maybe he is tired (perhaps he tired of falling off stages). Rock-N-Roller Coaster "ROCKS" because of Aerosmith. Leave it alone!

Comment

My vote is for Muse though I've not ridden RNRC yet.

Comment

It should be interesting to see if a new band replaces Aerosmith.

However, keep in mind Aerosmith was pretty much choosen since their liscensing was in Disney's budget.

If I recall, bands like Rolling Stones and U2 were in mind for the coaster...but the fee for liscensing was out of Disney's budget.

Personally, I'd love to have either Rolling Stones - I love, love, LOVE Gimme Shelter.

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again has hands down the best part of a song for a launched coaster.

Thing is, chances are they're out of Disney's budget.
                        Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
                        Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
                        I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Comment

Aerosmith should stay.

But, if they absolutely couldn't....The Stones, man.

Comment

How About the Foo Fighters? Why not, every one young to old knows the Foo Fighters.

Comment

Metallica metallica metallica!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X