X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Space Mountain Rehab Track Refurb On The Fast Track Horizon

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Disney profits off of this desire to go above and beyond because the Oriental Land Company is bound to use the services of Imagineering. I think Disney does encourage the OLC's desires to offer top notch experiences.
    This is a fresh perspective that I find to be 101% accurate. Disney does motivate it's imagineers and OLC management to build as many expensive, expansive larger than life attractions as possible.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
      Oh I'm sure they do. However they don't require it. Disney is more than willing to build something amazing as long as someone else pays for it. Its what drives me crazy. They can afford to do amazing things with their own money, but they're stingy and refuse to do so. I often times wish a third party group as enamored with quality as OLC would come in and take over WDW. Of course in the US, we'd be far more likely to get someone who would cut costs even more than TDO does, so it could be worse.
      Again, don't forget to consider the DCA remake. Disney is building unique attractions right from the onset... by sparing no budgetary expense and unleashing the creative force of WDI full-on!

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
        Again, don't forget to consider the DCA remake. Disney is building unique attractions right from the onset... by sparing no budgetary expense and unleashing the creative force of WDI full-on!
        Uhh.. sure. Have you looked at DCA's plans? Some things are promised to go all out.. others are just more of the same. So don't go and count your chickens before they've hatched.
        Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
        Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
        Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
          Uhh.. sure. Have you looked at DCA's plans? Some things are promised to go all out.. others are just more of the same. So don't go and count your chickens before they've hatched.
          Are you saying that every ride and other experience at the Tokyo Disneyland Resort is an E-ticket and that it doesn't have any minor carnival-esque attractions? As I truely do consider you an expert, I would think that you know better. The mix of different attraction genras and technology levels (from complex to simple) is what makes a park endearing. I think few would desire a resort that is saturated with nothing but E-tickets.

What has been accomplished (and what is currently underway) during the DCA makeover is completely on par with the benchmark Tokyo has set. Although, I never count my chickens before they hatch, I'm not counting The Disneyland Resort out... and neither should you.
          Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

"What has been accomplished (and what is currently underway) during the DCA makeover is completely on par with the benchmark Tokyo has set"

To that opinion I will let you stand alone. And I'll leave it at that
            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Folks, this isn't a DCA discussion. Back on track please.
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
              Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                Folks, this isn't a DCA discussion. Back on track please.
                Whoops! in the words of Maxwel Smart, "Sorry about that, chief."

As said earlier, I do think it possible that a composite baterial for the train cars could be made light enough to compensate for the added weight of an onboard audio system. It's quite possible as well that a new technology may come along in the future that can help generate additional energy... taking into account the laws of kinetic energy as it applies to coasters.

You are correct flynn to the extent that the technogy doesn't exist today. But, to assert that it never, ever will is a bit of a stretch. How many times have people used conventionally understood scientific principles to support their declaration that different things are impossible only to eventually be proven wrong?

I'm not saying that there are not things that will always be impossible. What I am saying is that "the water flows around the rocks... not thru them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                  I'd like to be able to argue with you about the condition of WDW and philosophy of it's management. Unfortunately, your opinion is oh so true. In these difficult economic times, WDW may pay a big price for it too... within the next few years.

There's less and less that it has of interest than what the Disneland Resort has... other than Animal Kingdom. WDW is like an infected puss pimple compared to Tokyo DisneySee.. Even Hong Kong Disneyland will soon be more happening. It's a sad, sad story.
                  Infected puss pimple? Come on, now. That is the most ludicrous comparison I've ever heard. Even TDLfan never resorted to such an extreme statement. Say bye bye to your credibility, Warrior... unless you care to backtrack from what you wrote?

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                    Infected puss pimple? Come on, now. That is the most ludicrous comparison I've ever heard. Even TDLfan never resorted to such an extreme statement. Say bye bye to your credibility, Warrior... unless you care to backtrack from what you wrote?
                    Guess I did overdramatize my dismay with WDW a might. My primary complaint is with it's management. Still look very forward to going there... especially Animal Kingdom. I have every hope that the resort will improve... not just for my sake... but for all of it's fans and regualar guests.

Comment

Fair enough, Warrior.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X