X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK, so what's wrong with MK?

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Your response was completely predictable. I was waiting for someone to yet again use me as an example as what is to be expected from an average guest who doesn't see the little things as something "important".

Again the park is fine. Yeah it could be better as DL could be better. DL is getting much improvements and upgrades and MK will soon get some of their own. I don't care about wear and tear of signs or walls. I know it will eventually get done/fixed and repaired but probably not at the speed many here want.

Seriously, and I've said this before, if anyone here complaining and moaning about the parks really want to do something about it then get yourself into the company and actually have the power to do something. Just like many here feel as I am just content with the "average" park I feel people here are just content with writing articles, posting on message boards about the decline of WDW yet really do nothing else to change it in terms of getting into the company to find out what REALLY is going on behind the scenes of the company. Everyone here assumes they know what's going on but you really don't know unless you are inside the company working on MK and WDW from within.

I also believe that if the park today was as "good" as most people here remember it was back in the day that there would STILL be people looking for little things to complain about. It's a never ending cycle that I don't personally focus on when I'm visiting either DL or WDW on property or when I view the parks via websites, video and blogs from here in Texas.

This is why I continue to react the way I do to threads and postings about MK declining or falling below expectations. I just don't see MK as declining, even during my 10 years of recent visits. I've also been to the parks back when I was a child and I don't think of today's park as not what I remember or as "good" as the parks supposely once were back in the day. I love the additions and improvements since my last visits as a child and over the past decade of visits.

I just don't see the parks in WDW declining and I will continue to say I don't think there's a problem with WDW as many here will continue to stand by what they believe is WDW declining as proven via the little things.
    I agree. I've been visiting WDW about yearly since 1988. I am still enchanted every time I walk down Main Street. I know there might be little things that are in need of a little repair. That's ok. It will be repaired soon enough.

So, a ride likeThunder Mountain hasn't changed for years -- but that's what I love about it! I still go on that ride like 10 times each time I visit. It makes me happy.

I just know that whatever happens in my life, Disney World with always be there - like a second home. A place I can wander through and forget about the stress of everyday life. Walt intended it to be a place for families to have a good time together. That is what I see when I visit.
    - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

Originally posted by steve2wdw View Post
      I've been visiting the MK since 1973 and yes, there has been much CHANGE. Like many others, I miss some of the classic attractions that have disappeared, but also appreciate some of the newer classics like Mickey's Philharmagic, that have been added. Sure I'd prefer a wider selection of merchandise, appropriately placed in it's correctly themed location, but it seems that much of America itself has become homogenized the same way as the MK has in that department. That said, I still return home from each WDW vacation with the sense of wonderment that I had some 35 years ago. I appreciate the small improvements like the total redesign of a Frontierland eatery to the total re-do of the Haunted Mansion and hope that the trend continues throughout the MK. My one continuing disappointment is the removal of mature trees that once graced both Town Square and the hub. I do understand why the hub trees were removed (Wishes viewing) but felt the Town Square trees should have been spared. At least we haven't seen the massacre of Tom Sawyer Island as DL did when Fantasmic took over that space. I've stopped complaining to Disney management and started complimenting the positive changes and improvements that have been made. Maybe if enough people took this approach, more improvements would be made. That's my pipe dream.
      I agree
      - Larisa

Comment

Originally posted by Risa View Post
        I agree
        Indeed, if we look for the bad that's all we'll ever see and where does that get us?
        From the deepest darkest parts of Africa to Splishy Splash and the TTC it was never a job, it was always more of an adventure.

Comment

The apologist positions espoused by some here are frighteningly reminiscent of Huxley's Brave New World:

"I don't understand anything," she said with decision, determined to preserve her incomprehension intact. "Nothing. Least of all," she continued in another tone "why you don't take soma when you have these dreadful ideas of yours. You'd forget all about them. And instead of feeling miserable, you'd be jolly. So jolly,"

Soma in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World (1932)

Paraphrased from above posts:

- Don't focus on the negative. Focus on what MK does well. It does so many things so very well and you'll be happier.

- Don't be concerned if retail is becomes homogeneous, because that reflects the wider changes in our American style of consumption. You'll be happier.

- Don't complain to WDW management about things you find substandard. Praise them for the things they do well. You'll be happier.

Some more soma, anyone?

The apologists and the quality-assurers all want the same thing - a MK (and WDW) of the highest possible quality - but they get there in two very different ways.

Quality Assurer (active): When they see quality slipping, they make their opinions known - to management, guest relations, and, yes, here on message boards - in the hopes that the deficiency will be addressed. WDW gets better by patrons being aware and actively voicing what they approve and disapprove of.

Apologists (passive): When (if) they see quality slipping they (a) train themselves to ignore it, (b) make excuses for management, or (c) blindly focus on the good. WDW gets better by these patrons telling themselves in a pixie-dust-induced, robot-like psychosis: "all is well. it is magical. all is well. it is magical", regardless if some things are not up to standard.

I don't give a drop about how an apologist perceives the park. What I do care about is the idea - amazingly proposed by some posters above - that management should be praised for the good they do, but not criticized for the bad they do.

The very least these viewholders can do is keep quiet, enjoy the park, and allow we Quality Assurers to continue to try to make it better for you.

If we look at the bad, that's all we'll ever see where does that get us?
          Who made that rule up? I look at the bad, and yet I still see plenty of good. Where does that get us, you ask. It gets us away from the bad! It gets us to begin to address the problem (in what admittedly limited ways we outside shareholders of the Company can), rather than turning a blind eye and taking the soma Disney offers us. This is the first step to adult problem-solving.
          Last edited by RandySavage; 11-15-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

We complain because we care. We want to see the MK get the attention and maintenance it needs and deserves. Disney is always showcasing MK as it's "crown jewel" park. It's ironic because it's the park that needs the most TLC. Hopefully when this Fantasyland makeover is done (when is it supposed to start anyway? They say it'll be all done by what, 2012? They better get cracking as that's only a couple years away and what they plan on doing is a MAJOR overhaul) it'll help MK up its game.

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
              The apologist positions espoused by some here are frighteningly reminiscent of Huxley's Brave New World:

"I don't understand anything," she said with decision, determined to preserve her incomprehension intact. "Nothing. Least of all," she continued in another tone "why you don't take soma when you have these dreadful ideas of yours. You'd forget all about them. And instead of feeling miserable, you'd be jolly. So jolly,"

Soma in Aldous Huxley's Brave New World (1932)

Paraphrased from above posts:

- Don't focus on the negative. Focus on what MK does well. It does so many things so very well and you'll be happier.

- Don't be concerned if retail is becomes homogeneous, because that reflects the wider changes in our American style of consumption. You'll be happier.

- Don't complain to WDW management about things you find substandard. Praise them for the things they do well. You'll be happier.

Some more soma, anyone?

The apologists and the quality-assurers all want the same thing - a MK (and WDW) of the highest possible quality - but they get there in two very different ways.

Quality Assurer (active): When they see quality slipping, they make their opinions known - to management, guest relations, and, yes, here on message boards - in the hopes that the deficiency will be addressed. They are aware and actively looking for improvement.

Apologists (passive): When (if) they see quality slipping they (a) train themselves to ignore it, (b) make excuses for management, or (c) blindly focus on the good.

I don't give a drop about how an apologist perceives the park. What I do care about is the idea - amazingly proposed by some posters above - that management should be praised for the good they do, not criticized for the bad they do.

The very least these viewholders can do is keep quiet, enjoy the park, and allow we Quality Assurers to continue to try to make it better for you.

"If we look at the bad, where does that get us?"

It gets us away from the bad! It gets us to address the problem and not turn a blind eye to it! This is the first step to adult problem-solving, whether it be something as unimportant as WDW or as consequential as Mid-East peace.
              whoa! It's like I'm brain washed into thinking like you, like i've taken the "apologist" tube out of the back of my neck and now think just like you... obey declining of WDW followers.... marching like a zombie.. obbbbeeyyyy!

LOL

Seriously! Again as I've stated, I believe you are looking far too deeply into rust on a fixture or what i LOVE to call the little things around the parks that you UNapologists love to use as an example to prove WDW is dying a slow death with no means of being brought back to life unless you lovingly complain. I know the little things will be fixed because I am aware anything on earth has wear and tear that gets addressed, I don't consider this wear and tear on the outside of the park as a decline or the start of the end of WDW.

Fine... I, we, we'll just walk through Main Street enjoying our day while you point out the burnted out light bulbs, the design of a store and the choice of WDW's evil coffee being sold at the bakery.

You scream "We must change things with our voice" and I'll just get on the next seat for the next ride of Pirates. You continue to assure yourself that you are not an official apologist and I'll proudly wear the apologist label you believe the rest of us non believers fit under. Because that's how it always is right? People always fit in two catgeories, you're either with us or against us. If you don't see it our way you're titled this such name. Yes I do see how this could work both ways in my views of people like you but again I can "complain" that you look far too hard at the non issues and little things of WDW while you complain we "apologists" don't look hard enough.

I can't wait for the next verbal attack on WDW that will turn me against them to then point the unseen finger of disapproval at them while I enter the gates on my next super fun fantastic super wish sparkle trip next year.

Oh wait.. I'm choosing a WDW trip over DL for many reasons. And you know maybe I'll switch up my planned WDW trip to DL because soon I'll no longer be an apologist and suddenly show WDW that I can spend my money elsewhere thanks to new posts where I have successfully removed the apologist gene from my body. I can then prove my tiny point to WDW that "you've just lost a customer because I don't like how you operate the clean up of the garbage cans, it's not efficient enough for me and my tastes". No... I'm still going to my WDW that I continue to feel has no problems.
              Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 11-15-2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                Those crazy fanatics who somehow find a 10-day vacation to WDW something worth doing, will be rewarded by the current pricing structure. at WDW, the longer you stay, the less it cost. But my argument about those "ridiculous" prices come from comparing WDW's ticket prices to comparable admission media at the other DL parks worldwide..and keep in mind, I am not taking hotels and free meal deals in consideration here, JUST the parks. (you would not catch me staying at any of the ghetto value or moderate resorts there, EVER)
                Go to the websites for DLR, DLRP, TDR, and HKDL... and compare their 1, 2, 3 and 4-day passport prices to the 1,2,3, and 4-day passport at WDW. Of course, you may need an exchange rate and calculator when comparing Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong, but trust me... WDW's admission is much higher than comparable prices.... and when you take in consideration that 4-days is not nearly enough to see ALL that the two parks in tokyo have to offer....it really makes WDW look really bad.
                Besides.. if you feel that WDW's 5+ day vacations are a steal is because Disney wants to sequester you on their property and made the deal sweeter so you do not see what fabulous themed resorts can be found within a 25 mile perimeter from WDW. So, NO, it's not a value. you are being suckered into staying within WDW for days on end..
                Crazy fanatics...how insulting. You don't have to be crazy to stay a week or more at WDW. That resort has more to see and do than any other Disney resort, so you have to be a bit crazy to think you can do everything you want in less than a week. It is by far the biggest resort, with by far the most attractions.

Instead of being insulting and derogatory, how about actually considering that someone besides you could possibly have a valid opinion and taste? I like a long and drawn out theme park vacation. I like taking my time to explore and discover and ride all my favorites, and knowing I have a lot of days ahead to do just that. I know what I'm getting into; I'm not being suckered. Being suckered means that you don't know what you're getting into.

When I go to WDW, I'm getting excellent value for my dollar because the longer you stay, the less you pay on a daily basis. If you want to stay for over a week in Vegas, or just about anywhere else, you pay the same amount every day.

If I want a shorter theme park trip, I'll go to DLR. I see it as a trade off; at DLR, there are less attractions overall, but I can do them all in a shorter time, with less travelling time between hotel and theme parks.

As I said before, I've been to DLR and Disneyland is my favorite individual theme park. It's the best I've ever been to. But DLR isn't a true resort; WDW is. If you want a theme park resort experience, and you don't want to travel halfway around the world, WDW is it (and its proximity to Universal and Sea World doesn't hurt, either).

And yes, I stay at the value resorts and I enjoy them. I like them and the perks of staying on site. So sue me.
                Last edited by disneyfann121; 11-15-2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                  Because that's how it always is right? People always fit in two catgeories, you're either with us or against us. If you don't see it our way you're titled this such name. Yes I do see how this could work both ways in my views of people like you but again I can "complain" that you look far too hard at the non issues and little things of WDW while you complain we "apologists" don't look hard enough.
                  I fully agree with your sentiment that there are many shades of gray between the two views (obsessive nitpickers and the blissfully unaware) and most people are one of those shades. I am more toward the center than you have me.

But let me ask you this: the last time I went to WDW, there were empty beer bottles in the bushes outside our patio at the Beach Club, the triggers were busted on some of the Tom Sawyer fort guns and there were a couple other issues. Overall, we had a very good WDW vacation, but in the exit interview in the lobby I made mention of some of the things I found lacking.

Would you have had me zip it, label those things as natural wear & tear and tell the interviewer that everything was perfect? Of course not. I told him some of the things I thought could be done better and maybe they'll be addressed. Not because I'm a sourpuss who enjoys criticizing and complaining, but because I love the parks and want to see them the best they can be.

When you repeat MK has "no" problems, do really think there isn't anything they could be doing better (or have done better in the past)? If so, fine. But why would you want to stifle others who are trying to lobby for an improved experience for everyone?

Comment

Randy, I agree that we should point out flaws and faults in the parks in the hopes that they will be corrected, as long as we also give credit where credit is due. I do think that posters on these message boards do both. What I don't like is the implication (not from you, but from some others) that you're somehow ignorant if you choose WDW over other Disney resorts as your vacation spot.

Comment

I fully agree with your sentiment that there are many shades of gray between the two views (obsessive nitpickers and the blissfully unaware) and most people are one of those shades. I am more toward the center than you have me.

But let me ask you this: the last time I went to WDW, there were empty beer bottles in the bushes outside our patio at the Beach Club, the triggers were busted on some of the Tom Sawyer fort guns and there were a couple other issues. Overall, we had a very good WDW vacation, but in the exit interview in the lobby I made mention of some of the things I found lacking.

Would you have had me zip it, label those things as natural wear & tear and tell the interviewer that everything was perfect? Of course not. I told him some of the things I thought could be done better and maybe they'll be addressed. Not because I'm a sourpuss who enjoys criticizing and complaining, but because I love the parks and want to see them the best they can be.

When you repeat MK has "no" problems, do really think there isn't anything they could be doing better (or have done better in the past)? If so, fine. But why would you want to stifle others who are trying to lobby for an improved experience for everyone?
                      I would have definitely have mentioned about the beer bottles or if I may have encountered an unfriendly CM.

I guess I just overlook some peeling paint and how worn out a bench might look. It takes money to redo things. Yeah prices have gone up, but thats almost everywhere in every economic area. Things do improve and get fixed, revamped, etc....just not all at once. The resort has a budget like any business, and people have to make judgements on what areas get to spend what money.

Each visit, I always make sure and let Guest Services know when I've had wonderful experiences and when I have had bad experiences. There is just a lot of really nit-picky little things that a lot of people really get bent out of shape on. I'm really surprised at how they pick apart EVERYTHING.

Just relax
                      - Larisa

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        We complain because we care. We want to see the MK get the attention and maintenance it needs and deserves. Disney is always showcasing MK as it's "crown jewel" park. It's ironic because it's the park that needs the most TLC. Hopefully when this Fantasyland makeover is done (when is it supposed to start anyway? They say it'll be all done by what, 2012? They better get cracking as that's only a couple years away and what they plan on doing is a MAJOR overhaul) it'll help MK up its game.

Exactly. WDW is the largest Disney resort in the entire world. With that in mind, I know how Disneyland is and I love it. It's far from perfect as of late, but there's a lot of stuff promised to come.

Walt Disney World, with all the differences, should be INFINITELY better for the money I'm paying to go there. But it's not. Why am I paying more per day when the florida parks have LESS in them? Sure they're beautiful and spread out but that can only take you so far.

It's Walt Disney WORLD.... but I never felt like it was. True, if WDW was all I had, I would definitely enjoy it for what it is. But knowing what I do know about how GOOD a Disney park can be, I really really wish that WDW can be that good times four.

DCA was built with the WDW mentality: The disney name and promise of a 2nd gate is all that you need. Wrong. They know that it's not the way it works now and they're building like mad to fix that. I don't see them doing that at WDW, yet attendance is down.

Disneyland is a very local driven park because Disney just kept adding to it. Perhaps if Florida treated it the same, they would still be getting all the tourists, but they would also be getting the die-hard disney enthusiasts from the west coast as well.

I grew up with Disneyland but always drooling and dreaming to go to Walt Disney World. I'm drooling no more and I can't wait until Florida execs realize how much revenue they're losing by allowing the resort to become as stale as it has become.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          Exactly. WDW is the largest Disney resort in the entire world. With that in mind, I know how Disneyland is and I love it. It's far from perfect as of late, but there's a lot of stuff promised to come.

Walt Disney World, with all the differences, should be INFINITELY better for the money I'm paying to go there. But it's not. Why am I paying more per day when the florida parks have LESS in them? Sure they're beautiful and spread out but that can only take you so far.

It's Walt Disney WORLD.... but I never felt like it was. True, if WDW was all I had, I would definitely enjoy it for what it is. But knowing what I do know about how GOOD a Disney park can be, I really really wish that WDW can be that good times four.

DCA was built with the WDW mentality: The disney name and promise of a 2nd gate is all that you need. Wrong. They know that it's not the way it works now and they're building like mad to fix that. I don't see them doing that at WDW, yet attendance is down.

Disneyland is a very local driven park because Disney just kept adding to it. Perhaps if Florida treated it the same, they would still be getting all the tourists, but they would also be getting the die-hard disney enthusiasts from the west coast as well.

I grew up with Disneyland but always drooling and dreaming to go to Walt Disney World. I'm drooling no more and I can't wait until Florida execs realize how much revenue they're losing by allowing the resort to become as stale as it has become.
                          Cohete, I agree that WDW could and should be better. So should DLR, although maybe WDW has more room for improvement. But don't forget you are speaking from the perspective of someone who lives in Cali, and can get an AP and drive to Disneyland all year long. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who lives a short flight away from Orlando, and a much longer flight away from Anaheim.

If I want to spend a week or more touring theme parks, do you honestly believe that DLR is my best choice? If I spend 7 days or more at DLR, I'll be backtracking over the same areas over and over, doing the same rides umpteen times til I'm sick of 'em. At WDW, it will actually take a week or more to do and see (almost) everything, and to go back to my favorites a second or third time. In any case, I like variety. Alternating between the two resorts keeps it fresh for me. It has nothing to do with ignorance about what is being offered elsewhere.

I see no sense in boycotting one resort over the other. Both have a lot to offer, and improvements are coming. I find it dismaying that the Disney head office had to force Orlando management to go ahead with Star Tours 2...but whatever the reason, exciting new projects are coming to both coasts. I'm there.
                          Last edited by disneyfann121; 11-15-2009, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Hmm.. beer bottles, that would be the work of a tourist with no respect. Beer bottles in bushes will eventually be found and taken care of. I would consider that in isolated incident on a random day that could happen at any resort, theme park, hotel, etc.

The guns not working, yes I've experienced something not working when I tried to activate a button or switch but I immediately understand it is currently not working at the time and that it will work on a later day. I understand people like yourself will address these occurances and it will get taken care of... eventually, either by you voicing your opinion or them coming across it on their routine expections. I just don't count or consider daily issues as reasons to support the decline of WDW.

This is what people are doing. Using the little things to prove their point. That is why I don't consider there to be problems and I don't support the theory.. yes THEORY that WDW is on some decline.

Now I am in no way trying to stop anyone from blasting daily issues they may run into but I don't consider these to be part of some grand decline of WDW or the MK.

Just as there's people out there that want to say there is indeed this decline I will say no there isn't. They claim there are these problems to support their theory, I say there are NO PROBLEMS to support this theory. I see MK moving forward with new projects, I see new rooms and attractions built, yes I do see closures with Pleasure Island but I don't hold it against the company. I realize the public showed lack of interest in PI so it was in sense gotten rid of. If people do not show enough attention to certain WDW places of interest then I expect it to be taken away, removed, altered or fixed. But I don't see it as a decline, just business.
                            Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 11-15-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=disneyfann121;1055664219]If I want to spend a week or more touring theme parks, do you honestly believe that DLR is my best choice? If I spend 7 days or more at DLR, I'll be backtracking over the same areas over and over, doing the same rides umpteen times til I'm sick of em. At WDW, it will actually take a week or more to do and see (almost) everything, and to go back to my favorites a second or third time. In any case, I like variety. Alternating between the two resorts keeps it fresh for me. It has nothing to do with ignorance about what is being offered elsewhere.[\QUOTE]

The DLR can be done in it's entiretly in 3 or 4 days. I'm not denying that. And you are right that WDW is more of a resort than the DLR is. Even us locals to the DLR admit for the most part that the DLR is not a resort to the extent that WDW is.

But those guests who book DLR vacations for 7 days or more likely already have planned to visit other Southern California attractions beside Disneyland. As I said the DLR can be seen easily in 3 or 4 days. But people staying longer than this are also likely planning on visiting Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, Hollywood, or the local beaches just to name off the most popular of the very many tourist destinations not too far from the DLR.

Comment

^ WDW has more competing parks nearby than DLR, so that doesn't really help its case.

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                                  ^ WDW has more competing parks nearby than DLR, so that doesn't really help its case.
                                  That may be true. But it's not just amusement parks that are around the DLR that are a huge tourist draw. As I mentioned there are also places like Hollywood and the beaches. In fact there are several million tourists who come to Southern California every year and never go to the DLR at all during their stay.

But really this thread isn't about which resort is better. As much as Disney would like the DLR to be another WDW, that's never going to happen. Disneyland is a locals park and I think most most tourists who come to this area know that it is a locals park or they figure that out pretty quickly if they don't.

This thread is about the MK style parks. And because Disneyland is a locals park with fierce competition from the rest of So Cal it has to be jam-packed with e-ticket attractions and have overlays like HMH to keep things fresh and guests coming back. It is not uncommon for people here to wake up in the morning and decide to go to a particular attraction only to change their minds later --even on the drive there -- to go somewhere else. Disneyland needs to keep itself fresh to prevent people from doing this when the decision is made to visit them.

I don't know why Disney doesn't apply this same mentality to WDW. Even if their guests don't visit as frequently it guarantees that things stay fresh for them. And it also provides something new for guests to experience that visit more often.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                    That may be true. But it's not just amusement parks that are around the DLR that are a huge tourist draw. As I mentioned there are also places like Hollywood and the beaches. In fact there are several million tourists who come to Southern California every year and never go to the DLR at all during their stay.

But really this thread isn't about which resort is better. As much as Disney would like the DLR to be another WDW, that's never going to happen. Disneyland is a locals park and I think most most tourists who come to this area know that it is a locals park or they figure that out pretty quickly if they don't.

This thread is about the MK style parks. And because Disneyland is a locals park with fierce competition from the rest of So Cal it has to be jam-packed with e-ticket attractions and have overlays like HMH to keep things fresh and guests coming back. It is not uncommon for people here to wake up in the morning and decide to go to a particular attraction only to change their minds later --even on the drive there -- to go somewhere else. Disneyland needs to keep itself fresh to prevent people from doing this when the decision is made to visit them.

I don't know why Disney doesn't apply this same mentality to WDW. Even if their guests don't visit as frequently it guarantees that things stay fresh for them. And it also provides something new for guests to experience that visit more often.
                                    I agree that WDW should be more aggressive in that regard...as long as they don't impose HMH on my beloved Mansion.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                                      Cohete, I agree that WDW could and should be better. So should DLR, although maybe WDW has more room for improvement. But don't forget you are speaking from the perspective of someone who lives in Cali, and can get an AP and drive to Disneyland all year long. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who lives a short flight away from Orlando, and a much longer flight away from Anaheim.

If I want to spend a week or more touring theme parks, do you honestly believe that DLR is my best choice? If I spend 7 days or more at DLR, I'll be backtracking over the same areas over and over, doing the same rides umpteen times til I'm sick of 'em. At WDW, it will actually take a week or more to do and see (almost) everything, and to go back to my favorites a second or third time. In any case, I like variety. Alternating between the two resorts keeps it fresh for me. It has nothing to do with ignorance about what is being offered elsewhere.

I see no sense in boycotting one resort over the other. Both have a lot to offer, and improvements are coming. I find it dismaying that the Disney head office had to force Orlando management to go ahead with Star Tours 2...but whatever the reason, exciting new projects are coming to both coasts. I'm there.

Oh I'm not trying to boycot one or the other either. I'm just saying that if WDW wants my business, they're going to have to do a lot better than that. I own an AP to Disneyland AND would book a trip to WDW if they gave me reason to. Disneyland already made my money from the Annual Pass but WDW fails to make money off my week of spending.

And also, WDW is a week long thing while Disneyland can be done in about 2days -- and in the end you're only shy 10 attractions total compared to WDW. If you rather fly to WDW, that's entirely your call. You'll have a great time. For me, the fewer days at Disneyland pack more quality and fun for your buck.

And the weather is much nicer.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Adventurer View Post
                                        Indeed, if we look for the bad that's all we'll ever see and where does that get us?
                                        Hopefully it will get us a better looking park once managent realizes their hardcore fans are not happy with the lower quality of theming? Or maybe I am stupid for expecting that...
                                        Originally posted by Miccofy Duck
                                        Hmm.. beer bottles, that would be the work of a tourist with no respect. Beer bottles in bushes will eventually be found and taken care of. I would consider that in isolated incident on a random day that could happen at any resort, theme park, hotel, etc.
                                        did this happen inside one of the parks? If so, I find this hard to believe, simpy because I have been a witness to WDW's bag searches when they have been able to find beer bottles and cans in guests belonging and they have always turned the guests back at the check point, and for that, i praise their work, even if their job is just a faux psychological security safety lock in guests' and management's heads.

Comment

Sorry I didn't get to post anything on here over the weekend, it ended up really busy around home with everything.

I never expected this to end up a thread that ran this long, wow! That being said, I've been able to gauge from some folks what they feel is wrong and should be improved at MK.

Like I said in another thread, I enjoy going to MK and love it. Unfortunately, we can't afford to stay in any place above the "Moderate or ghetto" level (TDLFAN, that was an incredibly offensive and ignorant thing to say), but I enjoy each time I've been to the WDW resort and have had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                                          X