Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Planning First Trip to DW - Any Suggestions?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Planning First Trip to DW - Any Suggestions?

I have been taking my daughter to the Disneyland Resort since she was about 8 months old. This April she'll be 5, and we are heading to Orlando for 8 days to celebrate her birthday.

We booked our hotel, and made some Character Dining reservations already: but if anyone has suggestions for "can't miss" attractions or entertainment, I'd be very appreciative. I am also looking for input on Character meals.

Even though my daughter is only 4, she is quite the daredevil. Her favorite rides at Disneyland were: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Grizzly River Rapids, Mulholland Madness, Jumpin' Jellyfish and Thunder Mountain Railroad. (for some reason she was terrified of the Jungle Cruise, and the 3-D Muppet Movie).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Planning First Trip to DW - Any Suggestions?

No suggestions, that I can think of at the moment. However, I remember the very first time that I went to Disney World. My grandson was 4. We stayed at the Polynesian. He loved the pool. He was a little leary of the characters at first, but by the time we left, he was a real pro. We took him for a haircut at the Barbershop at Magic Kingdom. We only went to MK and Epcot, because we were there for only 5 days. AK wasn't around at that time, and we skipped MGM (now DHS) because we went to Discovery Island and Downtown Disney.

That is the absolute perfect age for a first visit to Disney World. At least it was for my grandson. I have very fond memories, especially of Chef Mickey's.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Re: Planning First Trip to DW - Any Suggestions?

Santadog, I would recommend that you get the latest edition of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. It's a WDW travel guide which has the most detailed information on park hopping with children. It also lists the appeal of each attraction according to age. Have a great trip!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X