This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monorail Teal..

TDR buses would automatically be 10x better than the same buses at WDW.

It's just a fact not some guy's opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
      RCID only has one primary source of tax revenue, Disney. Also, by selling it to a public body Disney now has to make all of the monorail pilots and maintenance staff employees of the District. There are plenty of other issues that would come into play. It would end up just costing Disney more money.
      Yes this would still cost Disney money in the end but I think it might be possible that a plan like this would reduce the cost and make it easier to get a project like this moving. In the scenario I described there would be no Disney employees if Disney contracted Bombardier to build and operate the system (similar to the set up in Las Vegas). RCID seems to have an abundance of money. They also have an existing transportation budget and since roads would be used less some of this could be diverted to the system. While I don't exactly understand how the whole bond situation works my guess would be that that would help to finance a project like this. Another possibility could be that Disney could also turn over the parking operation to RCID, this is supposedly how disney funds all transportation.

Comment

Originally posted by s8film40 View Post
        Yes this would still cost Disney money in the end but I think it might be possible that a plan like this would reduce the cost and make it easier to get a project like this moving. In the scenario I described there would be no Disney employees if Disney contracted Bombardier to build and operate the system (similar to the set up in Las Vegas). RCID seems to have an abundance of money. They also have an existing transportation budget and since roads would be used less some of this could be diverted to the system. While I don't exactly understand how the whole bond situation works my guess would be that that would help to finance a project like this. Another possibility could be that Disney could also turn over the parking operation to RCID, this is supposedly how disney funds all transportation.
        All of which could still be done without Disney giving up the system to the district. You seem to be trying to look at this with the impression that RCID is truly independent of Disney, but that is only in theory.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
          All of which could still be done without Disney giving up the system to the district. You seem to be trying to look at this with the impression that RCID is truly independent of Disney, but that is only in theory.
          RCID is independent of Disney, Disney pays taxes and elects directors but it is just as independent as any government is from it's taxpayers and voters. Disney has a good relationship with them since they are the only taxpayer. I just think that RCID might have better tools at it's disposal to get a large project like this off the ground. RCID seems to have a good track record with large projects. The first thing they worked on was drainage back in the 60's they created 47 miles of canals to control the water levels across the whole property, They built and maintain almost all of the roads at WDW and most consider these to be of exceptional quality, they built and maintain all of the utilities on property. I think there had to be an advantage to having RCID take on these large projects otherwise Disney would have just done it themselves.

Comment

Anyone Have Picture of the monorail teal?

Or just in the news?

Toy Story Mania construction:
            Older photo
            New Photo

Member of
            MiceChat WDW Trip
            Next trip
            2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
              May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
              May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
              May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
              Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
              Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
              May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by s8film40 View Post
                RCID is independent of Disney, Disney pays taxes and elects directors but it is just as independent as any government is from it's taxpayers and voters. Disney has a good relationship with them since they are the only taxpayer. I just think that RCID might have better tools at it's disposal to get a large project like this off the ground. RCID seems to have a good track record with large projects. The first thing they worked on was drainage back in the 60's they created 47 miles of canals to control the water levels across the whole property, They built and maintain almost all of the roads at WDW and most consider these to be of exceptional quality, they built and maintain all of the utilities on property. I think there had to be an advantage to having RCID take on these large projects otherwise Disney would have just done it themselves.
                Those projects were given to the District because otherwise they would have fallen to the counties and/or state. The whole point of the District is to allow Disney to do things outside the standard government channels. In reality RCID is Disney and the distinction and independence is minimal.

Comment

the new train looks good....is it carrying passengers yet?
                  The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                  -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                    TDR buses would automatically be 10x better than the same buses at WDW.

It's just a fact not some guy's opinion!
                    well, they happen to be better and "retro-THEMED" to the resort, which is more than I can say for the ghetto busses at WDW.
                    Tokyo Disney Resort: Disney Resort Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                      the new train looks good....is it carrying passengers yet?
                      Only for the last 3 weeks.
                      -Bill

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X