This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shame on Disney Company Management

I agree 100% with ya, TDLFan. With a name like Walt Disney WORLD, it deserves to be the very best. It's unfortunately quite the opposite.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
      frankly I feel much more removed from reality when I stroll around DL park, or stroll at TDS (especially!), and in HKDL, walking thru adventureland is like being in the middle of an asian jungle. These illusions are very convincing at those parks. At the MK? not so much for me. Heck, even taking the monorail or the ferry boay from the parking lot to the MK feels more like a chore than "leaving the real world behind" so to speak.
      I hear what you say, What are your respective visit numbers for each of the parks. Have you over your lifetime visited orlando much more than the others ? I think familiarity does lead to disillusionment over time. I can think of several employments that seem exciting until you are doing it day in day out !.
      Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

"Disney" means "quality, and because I recognize that, and the company itself brags about it, I will hold them responsible when they fall short. Again for the umpteenth time.. while WDW is still a "very nice" place to visit and many vacationers will eat it up no matter what, is management's gold mine. But WDW is still offering the least quality of all the Disney parks on Earth. Sure, they have the most things to do of any Disney vacation resort, but what they are doing, can be much better, because I see that higher level of quality, not only in Tokyo, but also in Paris, Anaheim and even Hong Kong. It's just tragic that many of you will not get the chance to see how good Disney can be first hand like I see them do it all of the time abroad.
        But please, don't take this on a personal level.. I know many of you are happy with your WDW experience... The reason why I rant is because I want the lurking management here on these boards to be aware that some of us are on to them and their lower standards.
        Very Well said TDLFAN! You and I seem to be squarely on the same page. You are absolutely correct when you say "WDW is still offering the least quality of all the Disney parks on Earth." My initial post to start this thread was all about how Walt Disney World should set the standard of quality and excellence for every other Disney property around the globe. There was a time when it did but sadly, current management's lack of aggressiveness to keep the property a "shining" example to the world for creativity, quality and ingenuity has lead to this unfortunate situation.

My one hope is that R. Iger, J. Lassetter and the new parks and resort
        chief Tom Staggs will rectify this anomaly and bring WDW back to it's world renowned former glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpeedo View Post
          I hear what you say, What are your respective visit numbers for each of the parks. Have you over your lifetime visited orlando much more than the others ?
          I have been visiting WDW since summer of 1972 pretty much regurly, and worked there as a CM from 1981 (got hire at the same time the Tencennial started) until spring of 85. Pretty much go to WDW on average 3-4 days a month. Tokyo, I have been visiting since 1989 pretty much about twice every month. I used to go to DLR about once a month, but seems like now it's more like once every 3 years or so. Paris.. used to go there often every year since they opened.. but have not been in 2009 yet. HKDL...have been there already about 25 times or so and currently also have an AP for that park.
          I think familiarity does lead to disillusionment over time.
          I disagree.. simply because I go to TDR with the same frequency I visit WDW and to this day, I enter TDS or TDL and I go "WOWOWOW!!" The more I go to Tokyo, the more convinced I am they are the best resort. At WDW, some things they do are alright but most of the time my reaction to WDW's offerings since early 90s have been.. "m'eh!"
          I can think of several employments that seem exciting until you are doing it day in day out !.
          Can't speak for others but I have been at my current job for nearly 25 years and love every second of it.

Comment

So with all the back and forth about who has the better park and so on, let me ask this question.

Can anyone speculate on when WDW will start hammering out some of it's issues? And don't talk to me about this obsurd fantasy land expansion, I strongly feel like that money should have been put elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxalarm View Post
              So with all the back and forth about who has the better park and so on, let me ask this question.

Can anyone speculate on when WDW will start hammering out some of it's issues? And don't talk to me about this obsurd fantasy land expansion, I strongly feel like that money should have been put elsewhere.
              MK number one thing needed was capacity. Ariel's Adventure gave capacity. They also needed more girl attractions which gave them the meet and greets. They also needed more food options which gave them Gaston's Tavern and BatB Restaurant.

Obsurd? Maybe to some. But I guarentee you this exapansion will be just what MK needed in the long run AND short run.

DHS is getting a lot of attention with the new AIE, ST2, TSMM... and the rumors of MI: Coaster are not silenced.

Epcot's getting the little things. And I must say... it's quite nice

DAK is getting virutally nothing... but it just got a massive E ticket, so do we have the right to complain? I dono... hope Harry bites a chunk out of attendance!

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Boxalarm View Post

Please, please, please and again please tell me what the issues with WDW are besides the inflated cost to get in etc.

A list would be great, I thinking I must be missing the issues in each 'long' post!

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                  ... and the rumors of MI: Coaster are not silenced.
                  They have indeed, construction has stopped and funds have been put towards the Fantasyland expansion instead. Likely because management doesn't want to pay for both at the moment.

DAK is getting virutally nothing... but it just got a massive E ticket, so do we have the right to complain? I dono... hope Harry bites a chunk out of attendance!
                  Yes we do. It's been 3 years since the park has had any substantial addition and with no construction or announements in sight it could be 5 or more years between the opening of Everest and the Finding Nemo Musical and the time we get something new. For APs, DVC owners, locals and any kind of repeat visitor, that's not good. Heck, Pocahontas hasn't even been replaced yet. Even if Harry Potter doesn't hurt attendance, AK still desevers to continue to grow.
                  I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

They have indeed, construction has stopped and funds have been put towards the Fantasyland expansion instead. Likely because management doesn't want to pay for both at the moment.
                    Insiders have told me otherwise.

Yes we do. It's been 3 years since the park has had any substantial addition and with no construction or announements in sight it could be 5 or more years between the opening of Everest and the Finding Nemo Musical and the time we get something new. For APs, DVC owners, locals and any kind of repeat visitor, that's not good. Heck, Pocahontas hasn't even been replaced yet. Even if Harry Potter doesn't hurt attendance, AK still desevers to continue to grow.
                    Oh, there are many DAK rumors out there and it will grow after FLand. And getting the big e-ticket imo is enough to not complain. Epcot, for example, is something we should complain about. Many blank areas there needing to be filled.

one hundred and one

Comment

Insiders have told me otherwise.
                      Good for them. When work starts up again or an announcement is made then I'll get excited. At least there's Star Tours 2 in 2011.

Oh, there are many DAK rumors out there and it will grow after FLand. And getting the big e-ticket imo is enough to not complain. Epcot, for example, is something we should complain about. Many blank areas there needing to be filled.
                      Rumors are just that and nothing more. After Fantasyland? That's 2013, 6 years after Everest. And does that mean work will start then or will something be finished? I don't care how "big" it is (especially with the effects issues it's been having) going more than half a decade with not a single new ride, show, attraction or substantial revision is terrible in my opinion. I can only hope I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Epcot at least opened Sum of All Thrills this year and since 2007 has updated O Canada, El Rio Del Tempo, Sapceship Earth and I'll include The Seas with Nemo and friends since you think 2006 is so recent. That's far more than AK has recived in the same time frame.
                      I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

Good for them. When work starts up again or an announcement is made then I'll get excited. At least there's Star Tours 2 in 2011.
                        It sounds pretty definite to be the next PP attraction which would be after FLand obviously. But it also sounded like that before FLand, so you really never know. All I know 100% is that it isn't dead.

Rumors are just that and nothing more. After Fantasyland? That's 2013, 6 years after Everest. And does that mean work will start then or will something be finished? I don't care how "big" it is (especially with the effects issues it's been having) going more than half a decade with not a single new ride, show, attraction or substantial revision is terrible in my opinion. I can only hope I'm not the only one who thinks that.
                        Rides, probably none. But shows -like FN:TM- can happen quick and within a year or approving. Also small D or C or even B rides can happen in that time. I'm hoping for a nice nighttime entertainment to keep those gates open longer

Epcot at least opened Sum of All Thrills this year and since 2007 has updated O Canada, El Rio Del Tempo, Sapceship Earth and I'll include The Seas with Nemo and friends since you think 2006 is so recent. That's far more than AK has recived in the same time frame.
                        If you include 2006, EE and FN:TM and the Yak and Yeti Restaurant are way more than what Epcot has received. EE alone is way more than what Epcot has received.

one hundred and one

Comment

I have to agree with Imagineer Scott. Are we getting everything we should? Maybe not, but you can't expect multiple big new projects at the same time. As it is, we're getting two new E Tickets in the next few years: TLM as part of the FL expansion, and ST 2.0. After that, if we get the MI coaster, that's three new E tickets. I would agree that AK should be the priority after that, or during construction of the Monsters coaster. At least they have to fix the yeti long before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post

Just try to enjoy Halloween at the Magic Kingdom - there is no Halloween unless you buy a special event ticket. Come on! Why not just fold Halloween into the regular park and let EVERYONE enjoy it? Isn't that a magical reason to visit in the off season? Same with Christmas.
                            With Halloween doesn't bother me so much...because many theme parks do Halloween as a hard ticket. But I also don't care for Halloween as much as I do Christmas, so it doesn't bother me as much.

But for the Magic Kingdom to be the only Disney park world-wide to charge money to see Christmas events is absurd. Their most "popular" park is the only one without free holiday perks?

And with every other-Disneyland/MK style park having at least one attraction overlay this year and MK having none, you think the other parks could have valid reasons to hold a "special hard ticket event". Magic Kingdom has even less to see each holiday (Hallowishes had even more segments cut this year) and the Christmas event is more expensive than ever.

I'm not a fan of special parties on a regular basis to begin with, but my biggest gripe is when they are the only way to see the Holiday celebrations. That is why EPCOT and Studios rule Christmas (but I miss the Hollywood Holly-Days Parade...it was cheap and cheezy but at least they did something different and special that said "Christmas time").

Back in 2006 they ran the last half of October with Hallowishes every night. When bookings are up it seems some of these perks come for free.
                            Last edited by tloolgb; 11-29-2009, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                              With Halloween doesn't bother me so much...because many theme parks do Halloween as a hard ticket.
                              that is the reason why WDW gets away with it. but the other parks, Like Universal and Busch Gardens are going after a more mature crowd with gory events. Disney is doing a "disney" event at premium prices. They are catering to the same crowds that pack the park in the daytime. If ALL of the other Dl parks on earth do Halloween during regular hours.. who do the management at WDW think they are to make halloween at the Mk a special overpriced ticket??? Trust me, what the Mk does at $59 plus tax ain't all that special when you consider what parks like TDL/HKDL/DLp and Dl in CA are doing for halloween and their day time guest, during regular hours. it's downright disgusting if you ask me. all about the money and how to squeeze it out of people's wallets. SHAME!!!

Comment

Oh BTW.... its no secret that I rant about WDW's quality while praising Tokyo right and left... well, don't take it from me and read this first timer's report on Tokyo Disney, with plenty of eye candy where you can see the difference, and he is candid enough to point out what's wrong with Tokyo as well... so I invite you to educate yourselves and don't take it from me alone...
                                http://micechat.com/forums/tokyo-dis...ommentary.html

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                                  I have to agree with Imagineer Scott. Are we getting everything we should? Maybe not, but you can't expect multiple big new projects at the same time. As it is, we're getting two new E Tickets in the next few years: TLM as part of the FL expansion, and ST 2.0. After that, if we get the MI coaster, that's three new E tickets. I would agree that AK should be the priority after that, or during construction of the Monsters coaster. At least they have to fix the yeti long before then.

Why CAN'T you expect multiple big projects at the same time? This is Walt Disney WORLD ain't it?? People go for extended periods of time. If there are a lot of new things to see, people who haven't bit the bullet yet might give it a go.

Disneyland has a TON of local attendance... perhaps too many. But they keep adding to it.

2010 will bring the major water production show WORLD OF COLOR as well as the second phase of Paradise Pier remodeling that includes the Silly Symphony Swings and maybe the new restaurant.

2011 delivers Little Mermaid ride AND Star Tours 2.

2012 delivers a brand new Cars Land with three rides, two of them considered E-tickets.

And on top of that, we're expecting the brand new entrance to California Adventure and a Red Car Trolley.

What else is coming to WDW besides a 2nd Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Star Tours, and a bunch of meet & greets?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

They are catering to the same crowds that pack the park in the daytime. If ALL of the other Dl parks on earth do Halloween during regular hours.. who do the management at WDW think they are to make halloween at the Mk a special overpriced ticket???
                                    Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                                    But I also don't care for Halloween as much as I do Christmas, so it doesn't bother me as much.
                                    I'm not saying it is necessarily right. I'm just saying that I join the battlelines for Christmas.

Comment

One thing that literally almost made me cry was the merchandise being stuffed down our throats the last time we were there. The worst part is, it was so horribly overpriced, we couldn't even afford it. The quality of the merchandise is the type that you would find in a claw machine at the mall. You can tell that it's been made in a sweatshop in China. As of right now, I won't be going back to Walt Disney World unless they get rid of all those SHOPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                                        Why CAN'T you expect multiple big projects at the same time? This is Walt Disney WORLD ain't it?? People go for extended periods of time. If there are a lot of new things to see, people who haven't bit the bullet yet might give it a go.

Disneyland has a TON of local attendance... perhaps too many. But they keep adding to it.

2010 will bring the major water production show WORLD OF COLOR as well as the second phase of Paradise Pier remodeling that includes the Silly Symphony Swings and maybe the new restaurant.

2011 delivers Little Mermaid ride AND Star Tours 2.

2012 delivers a brand new Cars Land with three rides, two of them considered E-tickets.

And on top of that, we're expecting the brand new entrance to California Adventure and a Red Car Trolley.

What else is coming to WDW besides a 2nd Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Star Tours, and a bunch of meet & greets?
                                        The next few years are a highly unusual time at DLR; they finally decided to make a big push to turn DCA into a world-class park. None of the WDW parks needed as much work as DCA, and you certainly can't pretend that the flurry of construction at DLR is a common event. Disneyland went forever and a day between new E-tickets, from Indy in 1995 to Nemo in 2007 (that's arguably an E-ticket).

That said, we do have multiple projects coming, with two E-tickets, the FL expansion and the MI coaster after that. The FL expansion is an impressive looking project, and the only DLR E-ticket not coming to the east coast is RSR. Plus, by the middle of the next decade, the MI coaster could be a Florida exclusive. We already got TSMM, the first ride in DCA's phase one.

Would I like to see more projects, sooner? Of course, especially in AK. The WDC could certainly plunk over a billion dollars of reinvestment into WDW, as they're doing with DCA. But it's still an exciting time to be a Disney fan, no matter which resort you intend to visit (I'll be going to both, assuming the crowding eases up at DLR).

Incidentally, I never heard anyone else suggest that CarsLand will have more than one new E-ticket. To the best of my knowledge, Flying Tires and Junkyard Jamboree are likely to be D tickets.

Comment

You could argue that the budget is being spent where it is needed most :-)
                                          Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X