• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disneyfann121
    replied
    Re: Holiday ad for WDW on local TV...

Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    I don't know, do people really think it would be a good use of marketing resources to film kids running down Main Street in Anaheim then pay to get a film crew and a small cast to re-shoot essentially the same sequence in Orlando? I get why you'd want to have the correct castles as they are so iconic and distinct, but does it really matter if the Main Street buildings in the background are shot at DL?
    It matters to the obsessive nit-pickers on this chat

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
    But they commercial shouldn't even be in WDW. It is advertising something that isn't there.

Where should it be then?

It shows Cindy's castle, so how could it be for DL?

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    I don't know, do people really think it would be a good use of marketing resources to film kids running down Main Street in Anaheim then pay to get a film crew and a small cast to re-shoot essentially the same sequence in Orlando? I get why you'd want to have the correct castles as they are so iconic and distinct, but does it really matter if the Main Street buildings in the background are shot at DL?
    But they commercial shouldn't even be in WDW. It is advertising something that isn't there.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

What really sucks is all those Disneyland 50th anniversary commercials ending with Cinderella's Castle. Payback is a pain in the neck isn't it.

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
    Sorry, but I have tp agree with TDLFAN on this one. I am sick and tired of seeing Disneyland elements in a commercial that at the end says Walt Disney World, or Magic Kingdom. Same thing happened with the Not So Scary Halloween Party commercials. They showed a family or some kids in costume on Main Street USA as if they were trick or treating, but the Main Street used was Disneyland, because the Disneyland Emporium sign was clearly in the background. Not only that it also had the Disneyland Castle in it. Now last I heard Magic Kingdom was the only park that had Not So Scary Halloween parties and this commercial was clearly for that, yet nothing in the commercial said Walt Disney World.

Regarding the Holiday commercial, I noticed Disneyland's Main Street right away. I think it sucks that you have the the number one vacation destiation in the world with WDW, yet they won't even make a WDW specific commercial with elements that are from WDW.

This "Disney Parks" umbrella the corporate suits are hiding under sucks. We need to get back to marketing the two parks as separate entities again and give each resort the dignity they deserve. Busch does a better job marketing their parks than Disney does it's parks.

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Cliff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    I'd imagine Anaheim's location in California, the capital of the television industry, it would be easier to film there than bring cameras all the way to Florida. That's just my guess though.

I don't think the average person would notice these little things or care. So, what's the point of arguing?
    Anahiem...California....television capital of the world...blah blah blah. All excuses for Disney being CHEAP.

Leave a comment:

• imagineerthat
    replied

The commercial was made with Disneyland in mind, it's not very generic at all, there are too many Disneyland references to let it pass as a DisneyParks commercial. They were just being lazy when they swapped the castles. When they did the Sparkling with Joy commercial each coast had their own version. If they are going to keep doing DisneyParks commercials they should at least use that other castle (picture below). The comercial playing in Florida gives a false sense that there are holiday activities to enjoy, when in reality on an average day during the holiday season there are no Christmas offerings unless you pay extra to see them.

Leave a comment:

• JediPrincess
    replied

They show this add here in Canada too. They give us the generic Disney Parks version. I was really confused the first time I saw it because everything in it was Disneyland except for wdw's Cinderella Castle. I wish they wouldn't do the generic park thing. The Disneyland version makes a lot more sense now that I saw it. It really makes it seem like the Disney marketers don't know which attractions are in which theme parks...

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

I'd imagine Anaheim's location in California, the capital of the television industry, it would be easier to film there than bring cameras all the way to Florida. That's just my guess though.

I don't think the average person would notice these little things or care. So, what's the point of arguing?

Leave a comment:

• ti2gr
    replied

Sorry, but I have tp agree with TDLFAN on this one. I am sick and tired of seeing Disneyland elements in a commercial that at the end says Walt Disney World, or Magic Kingdom. Same thing happened with the Not So Scary Halloween Party commercials. They showed a family or some kids in costume on Main Street USA as if they were trick or treating, but the Main Street used was Disneyland, because the Disneyland Emporium sign was clearly in the background. Not only that it also had the Disneyland Castle in it. Now last I heard Magic Kingdom was the only park that had Not So Scary Halloween parties and this commercial was clearly for that, yet nothing in the commercial said Walt Disney World.

Regarding the Holiday commercial, I noticed Disneyland's Main Street right away. I think it sucks that you have the the number one vacation destiation in the world with WDW, yet they won't even make a WDW specific commercial with elements that are from WDW.

This "Disney Parks" umbrella the corporate suits are hiding under sucks. We need to get back to marketing the two parks as separate entities again and give each resort the dignity they deserve. Busch does a better job marketing their parks than Disney does it's parks.

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Cliff
    replied

It seems to me that the objections are more "on principal" than anything to do with the ads being misleading. As Disney fans know better and it's not referenced, no-one is going to watch that ad and book a trip to WDW thinking that they'll see IASW holiday. A few shots of the DL Main St versus the MK version also seems a fairly minor quibble to me.

Leave a comment:

• ryno1986
    replied

It is true that the Walt Disney World version that plays on TV here does not have the IASW holiday shot. What made me mad about the commercial was the use of DL's Main Street. And it's not the first time either.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    True, but it's implied. Maybe, since I am knowledgeable about all is the parks and their going ons.. i can see this in the ad, as i am sure the average joe in the midwest does not. Still, to me, its clear the ad was intended for CA with minor revisions for WDW. Still, i find it innapropriate to use the Small World theme.. but that's just me.
    True but your opinion is different from 99% of the people who are watching it. That is, if they really ARE watching it and not fast forwarding through it on their DVR's.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

True, but it's implied. Maybe, since I am knowledgeable about all is the parks and their going ons.. i can see this in the ad, as i am sure the average joe in the midwest does not. Still, to me, its clear the ad was intended for CA with minor revisions for WDW. Still, i find it innapropriate to use the Small World theme.. but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by tdlfan View Post
    again, that is the beauty of it all... People see in it what they want to see. But the bottom line remains...there is no iasw holiday overlay at the mk.
    And it's not in the WDW version!

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Again, that is the beauty of it all... people see in it what they want to see. But the bottom line remains...THERE IS NO IASW HOLIDAY OVERLAY AT THE MK.

There is no Cinderella Castle at Disneyland. So, even? :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Again, that is the beauty of it all... people see in it what they want to see. But the bottom line remains...THERE IS NO IASW HOLIDAY OVERLAY AT THE MK.

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied

I enjoyed it, thought it was a cute idea and thought it was pretty obvious they were showcasing all the parks.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Bill, I still don't buy it. sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Believe it or not, both castles are CGI...

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X