• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DisneyMickey
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

From an east coast perspective...

I'm sure some of you have been over in the Disneyland Resort section of the boards and seen how some of us west coast people are infuriated with how Disney is mixing messages with Disneyland's 50th and Walt Disney World "joining", to put it politely, in on the fun. Do you people who live on the east coast ever see commercials of Disneyland celebrating its 50th or do you just see the commercials that put the spot light on Disney World and claim it's that resort that's celebrating? I am curious to know.
  • Disney Wrassler
    Get the Iodine!
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Jul 2005

Re: From an east coast perspective...

I live in the south and have only seen Disney World commercials.

but every now and then I might see something about Disneyland on Disney Channel.

Comment

• Twist_of_Fate
      Look Right, Pick Up Phone
      • Aug 2005

I live in Oklahoma and have been seeing Walt Disney World Commercials. I think I saw one or two Happiest Homecoming commercials pre-May 2005. I would kind of like to see Tokyo Disneyland Resort get an advertising nod, just because.

Comment

• Modern Folly
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2005

I live in Michigan, i'm so torn from living in the MidWest!! Okay, not really, i've never been to Walt Disney World, and I don't ever plan on going. So it kinda ticks me off to see the WDW commercials get more play and attention than the Disneyland ones.

Comment

• Parisi
          I'll Break your Thumbs!!
          • Oct 2005

I live in NYC, and I see a commerical where it starts out B&W with Walt talking about his idea and there is a caslte behind him, and then it shifts to color to the Magic Kingdom castle all done up for DL's 50th.

I am not sure I like Disney doing this. I think it might confuse some people who think that the one in FL is 50. Plus I think that Disney is shooting themselves in the foot. Look at it this way. If they said ok WDW you are to do nothing to celebrate DL's 50th, then more people might want to take a trip out to the left coast to see where it all started. Where the mouse was born so to speak, but since WDW is all done up and they have parades and fireworks, everyone is just going down there.

Its like DL's wedding and the drunk best man (WDW) is stealing the spotlight.

Comment

• jeffrey orl fla
            mannequins man
            • Jun 2005

I live in Orlando, but I hardly ever have the TV on. I was out at DL for the 50th. The difference is that in DL, its the happiest "homecoming" on earth, at WDW its the happiest "celebration" on earth. Generally, you hear the phrase, "50 years of Disney Theme Parks", but not - "the 50th birthday of Disneyland"
            Also, you don't see big "50"s all over here- its just, "Happiest Celebration on Earth"

On Cinderalla's Castle, there is a giant Magic Mirror from Snow white, and it rotates between showing the 5 different castles, and displaying the name of the park and the year it opened.

At Epcot, as you go around the countries, they have copies of the different banners you would see around the world - so France, Japan and China each have copies of the banners currently being displayed in their parks that say "happiest celebration on earth" in the respective languages - which I thought was cool. America has the Disneyland banners, which is really the only place that makes reference to Disneyland specifically.

Comment

• ToyGuy
              WARNING!
              • Aug 2005

In the Ocean State, the only commercials we ever see are for WDW... Is there another I don't know about?...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X