Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

What if there were NO new Magic Kingdom attractions?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What if there were NO new Magic Kingdom attractions?

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
    Also, why Nickelodian in the cinema?...
    Me thinks this is what they were going for, and not the kids' tv channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon_(movie_theater)

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
      Me thinks this is what they were going for, and not the kids' tv channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon_(movie_theater)
      I was referring to these old time movie machines, which used to be located in the now-extinct Main Street Penny Arcade. Some have been moved to the WDW Railroad, the ones seen here at at Disney's Boardwalk:

Comment

The new Tiki room is about as annoying a show that could be possible. Please have them bring back the old show that's in California.

Comment

I think this is just what TDL needs as well. (especially in fantasyland and tomorrowland!)

Comment

There isn't room for Poohs Hunny Hunt in the current building, the only way that could clone it to magic kingdom would be if the replaced the current pooh with... Mr. Toads, and built Poohs Hunny Hunt across the way in the old 2000 leagues filled up lagoon.
            Also, why Nickelodian in the cinema?...

???

You do know TLM is going there, right?

one hundred and one

Comment

I think this thread is all hypethecal, IF the expansion didn't happen...

Comment

I'd go with option #2 Spruicing things up makes things look so much newer than they really are it's not funny...it'd be a great way to WOW a great many people
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                -George S. Patton

Comment

I think this thread is all hypethecal, IF the expansion didn't happen...

Oh, my bad!

one hundred and one

Comment

Preaching to the choir! I couldn't agree more...

One thing I'd add to your list (though space is probably prohibitive) I'd love to see Pirates to be changed from the "so-so" orlando version to the spectacular Disneyland version, complete with the skeleton with liquor trickling down it's "throat", the two guys shooting at each other across your boat as debris appears to be precariously positioned over your head...the old man smoking outside his shack in the beginning... oh, how I pine for Disneyland pirates!

I grew up in California and I've been living in Florida for many years now. For years, it pained me how inferior the magic kingdom was to Disneyland in terms of attention to detail, exquisite design, beauty, and cleanliness; though, I went back to Disneyland for the first time in years, and I have to admit it's not the park I remember from my childhood...

But I digress: Yes, the next ten years would be much better spent restoring all to its former glory, and doing modest updating as was done to HM, and all the details the original poster mentioned...that's what makes Disney "a cut above" all other theme parks... it's those details, those special nuances that make it truly special...and it aggravates me to no end to see things not working (like the fountains that shoot water from pot to pot on Splash mountain, ) and to see dirt and grime on the roofs, and to see things disappear and never come back (like the bread bowls they used to sell with clam chowder soup...*sigh*)

I would much MUCH rather see all that come back.

But, I'm old school, hopelessly old school, and I don't know that I speak for the majority of present and future park goers...

(And one more thing...don't even THINK about touching Peter Pan! Just keep the paint fresh, that's all...)

Comment

Going for list number 2 for a decade long makeover of the Magic Kingdom, with stops at Adventureland, Fronterland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland and Main Street U.S.A. With the removal of Mickey's Toontown Fair (maybe?)

Timekeeper
                      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Ideally, I would like a mix of the two (I don't like all of those options). But I would take option #2, because some of those upgrades could be considered "new" attractions when you change the existing attractions that much.

Comment

Working...
                        X