Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

What if there were NO new Magic Kingdom attractions?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daannzzz
    replied
    Re: What if there were NO new Magic Kingdom attractions?

Aside form the Pooh's Hunny Hunt they should be doing all of that stuff anyway...and adding an attraction or three, including a couple of E-Tickets.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

I'll take curatin #2, Monty!

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I think I'd be down for a decade of cleansing.

Leave a comment:

• Semiquaver
    replied

Originally posted by chris2fett View Post
    [...] over the next 10 years. The money would go to:

-All of the Main Street buildings would receive a fresh coat of paint.

I would hope that more than one coat of paint would be applied over the course of 10 years

Other than that, I would say that is a great strategy to keep attracting both new and returning guests to the park. Additions like Pooh's Hunny Hunt and the NBC overlay would make a tremendous difference, although I'd count the Pooh ride as more of a new ride than a simple upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

I love 4 and 11

I wish MS side of TLand matched the FLand side of it. :/

The powerwashed pylons really add a nice touch. I think there's a picture of them washed by TT at Epcot somewhere around here.

Leave a comment:

• deejay
    replied

Yep, number 2 for me also...

Leave a comment:

• simmer
    replied

Count me in for the latter.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

The second option please.

Leave a comment:

• dland_lover
    replied

Wow! Those are some excellent thought-provoking points! I'd rather see the freshening up and upgrading of current experiences, rather than a bunch of new stuff. Partly because I've never been, so it's all new to me, technically, but also because (from what I hear) this is what needs to be done- much moreso than adding rides.

If they were to get the park back up to REAL Disney standards, then I say that that would be an acceptable trade-off.

Are there really no brick pavers on Main Street? Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

I like the upgrade a lot. It's a lot like Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• What if there were NO new Magic Kingdom attractions?

*updated/corrected*

What if I told you that, for the next 10 years, there would be NO new attractions at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. No A, B, C, or E ticket rides or attractions. Some new parades and live entertainment, yes, but NO $100 million + new experiences. No new lands. No removal of Mickey’s Toontown Fair. No Ariel’s Undersea Adventure. No new character Meet-and-Greets. No Pixie Hollow.

How would you feel? Would you want to go back anytime soon? Thank about it for a minute, before you keep reading.
    Ready?
    Now, what if I told you that INSTEAD of new attractions, that WDW Magic Kingdom would be systematically upgraded over the next 10 years. The money would go to:

FANTASYLAND
    - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh would be converted to the more elaborate Pooh’s Huney Hunt, using TDL technology.
    - Mickey's Philharmagic upgraded to a digital projection system
    - Revive the daily Merlin's King of the Realm/Sword in the Stone ceremony

MAIN STREET
    - Replace the red cement on Main Street with real bricks.
    - All of the Main Street buildings would receive a fresh coat of paint, yearly.
    - The Magic Shop would be brought back to the Magic Kingdom (could even use Houdini’s, like they now do in Anaheim DL).
    - Nickelodeons would be brought back to Main Street, taking over the Main Street Cinema (which is now just another store for Miley Cyrus CDs and overpriced books/prints).
    - Convert all Main Street lights to more energy efficient, longer lasting LEDs

TOMORROWLAND
    - Tomorrowland would be completely refurbished, and a unified theme would be established.
    - The Carousel of Progress would receive an updated show/storyline, with new animatronics.
    - Indy Speedway would be converted to electric cars, such as at HKDL, and the grand stand/queue would be renovated.
    - Keep the Tomorrowland Terrace/Noodle station OPEN, not just for busy days and special high-priced events
    - Add the Anaheim style Buzz Lighyear blasters to the WDW version of the ride; and upgrade the chase tunnel video screen (which goes ALL the way back to the 1970s If You Had Wings!) to a digital projection system

ADVENTURELAND
    - The Tiki Room would be converted back to original show, with upgraded animatronics.
    - Steel drum bands would again play in Adventureland
    - The Adventureland Veranda Restaurant would re-open, to provide additional meal options. A more affordable meet-and-greet could be place here, QUITE easily. Safari Mickey, Aladdin characters, Lion King characters, etc.
    - Jungle Cruise upgrade, fire/wire effects, piranha attack, etc.

FRONTIERLAND
    - The Country Bear Jamboree would re-introduce its yearly Holiday overlay.
    - Bring back a SHOW to the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon (let's at LEAST get an eat coast version of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies!)

GENERAL
    - Outside vending/food carts would be cut back.
    - Merchandise would again be specific to each land, not a generic “Disney Store” selection everywhere you went.
    - The Mark 6 monorails would be upgraded one at a time in “retro” fashion, similar to Anaheim DL, but with more cars and new air conditioning units.
    - Monorail pylons would be pressure washed to remove the years of grime and grease.
    - More character topiaries at the TTTC and MK
    - All visible rooftops would be cleaned/refurbished.
    - Less emphasis on "Convert your kid into a princess/pirate/cartoon/water buffalo etc. for only $89.99!" type boutiques

LIBERTY SQUARE
    - Nightmare Before Christmas overlay would FINALLY be included at the WDW Haunted Mansion
    - Open up the bottle neck/narrow street passage from Fantasyland at the Columbia Harbour House.

- on, and on, and on, and on…….
    Would the trade-off be worth it to you?

The real question here is: do you NEED a new E-ticket every few years, to keep the park fresh, at the expense of regular upkeep? Or can you heavily invest in existing infrastructure, and keep people coming back? $100+ million for a new ride/attraction, or take ALL OF THE MONEY and spread it everywhere around the park.

Last edited by chris2fett; 12-04-2009, 11:25 AM.
Working...
X