This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is this prop from WDW?

A buddy of mine recently procured this prop from a former Disney employee who told him that it was purchased "in-house" from Disney.

It was purchased in SoCal, but neither one of remember seeing it at WDW or Disneyland, so I thought we should throw it out to the MiceChat Sleuth Crew.

Any help guys?
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Re: Is this prop from WDW?

It looks a LOT like the props from one of the scenes in Dreamflight in Tomorrowland...before it was replaced by Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

I googled it and here's what I got:
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-9ILjukzk]YouTube - Delta Dreamflight - Walt Disney World[/ame]

Pretty sure I saw it about 2:13.

Thanks again.
      MiceChat User #1037

Comment

That is the first thing that came to mind. That looks like it in the background at 2:16. Now that is a terrific find!
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Definitely a Dreamflight prop. I know a certain mod on here who will be jealous. :ap:

And incidentally, now I have the dreamflight theme in my head!
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Just out of curiosity how large is this prop and what is your friend going to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              Definitely a Dreamflight prop. I know a certain mod on here who will be jealous. :ap:

And incidentally, now I have the dreamflight theme in my head!

OMG! That's my favorite ride! What a great find for you!

Definitely from Dreamflight, enjoy it!

Comment

How exciting! I wonder how it ended up in SoCal?

Comment

Aw! I miss that attraction.
                  But I miss "If you had wings" even more.

Comment

This is one of the many many reasons I love micechat, great post Charlie.

Comment

Wow, that's really cool. I loved Dreamflight.
                      ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

Comment

not directly related to the post but I'm glad you posted this. I watched the video and this is the ride that terrified my friend and I when we were about 7 or 8yrs old lol. I have been wondering what ride it was. Towards the end where you go through the tunnel thing there were those lines on the walls that made you(or at least us lol)feel like you were going upside down, we were truly terrified I remember us screaming. Sadly that is the only memory I have of this ride

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal2485 View Post
                          not directly related to the post but I'm glad you posted this. I watched the video and this is the ride that terrified my friend and I when we were about 7 or 8yrs old lol. I have been wondering what ride it was. Towards the end where you go through the tunnel thing there were those lines on the walls that made you(or at least us lol)feel like you were going upside down, we were truly terrified I remember us screaming. Sadly that is the only memory I have of this ride

AWE!!! I miss that WDW attraction too! It would be cool if they could incorporate some of that into the preshow for Soarin' over California! right when you enter the building, and again when you turn either right or left!
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by GraceysGirl View Post
                            Just out of curiosity how large is this prop and what is your friend going to do with it?
                            It's approximately 3'x3'x3' and he's interested in selling it for $1250 firm, plus shipping to your destination from SoCal. He can also deliver it to the MiceChat 5th Anniversary, if anyone is interested in saving some shipping charges.

If you're interested, send me a PM, or an email to circarama@comcast.net

MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X