X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Meet and Greet Procedures

I'm conflicted.

On one hand, I agree that this is overstructuring the M&G process. Part of the Magic was the spontaneous turning a corner and seeing Peter Pan.

On the other hand, bring on the Kid Corral, and bring me a Margarita!

On the gripping hand, there probably won't be Margaritas.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelieman View Post

On the gripping hand, there probably won't be Margaritas.
      Not in MK there won't.

But at $75 to get in...and $11 per margarita...isn't it just cheaper to sit at home, pay someone to run around the back yard with your kids and drink for less money?

Comment

I guess my only concern with this is the fact that parents are leaving their kids alone and unattended while they wait in line. Now I know this is Disney and nothing bad ever happens, but what if... What if that one time a parent is waiting in line and their kids are playing and someone snatches them up.

Is Disney going to give the parent and child matching bracelets, similar to what hospitals do when you go in for child birth?

I like the idea, but I don't like the execution of it.

Comment

At TDS they are testing a kind of FP for character greetings. Why don't they just do something like that so that the entire party can stay together?

Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
          https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

The mermaid meet and greet has a simmilar concept in the MK it works great if there is more then one parent because you can have one waiting in line and the other playing/supervising the children and of course be able to tag off so that you can devide line time! it will never be perfect but much better then having anxious kids in the line! For those that don't have kids you get the pleasure of waiting in line with adults rather then a kid that knocks into you every 5 seconds! I definatly agree it will also require some CM help to patrol the play area.
            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I too am conflicted on this. As a single parent, the only "Me" time I get is the 5 minutes or so after I drop my daughter at school, while I'm on my way to work. (And the 5 min on the return trip). So some solitude while waiting in the line with my Ipod ---- on the other hand, I already feel like the "hired help" some days, and worry about being considered a place holder.

We are heading down for her Birthday in April, and will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                Not in MK there won't.

But at $75 to get in...and $11 per margarita...isn't it just cheaper to sit at home, pay someone to run around the back yard with your kids and drink for less money?
                No Tinker Bell lightup on the glass

Comment

Yeah, as a parent I'm also a bit torn about letting my kids playing unsupervised (by my wife or I). The fastpass idea is interesting.

Hey, why not just get rid f the line aspect and hand out out pagers. Go do what you want as a family and when you get a buzz, head on over to get your character meet.

Or, just make cool, innovative, entertaining queues

Comment

Pagers.......what a nice souvenier they'd make. I think cost would therefore prohibit it. Plus you need to make sure that the relevant people are close by when called. I know there are those that disagree but Fastpass is about right as far as i'm concerned for virtual queuing. That said, i'm not necessarily a fan of using it in a meet and greet situation.

My answer would be to flood parks with ad hoc characters, so that some people would be prepared to wander and encounter rather than queue. Hopefully then the demand at fixed locations would not be massive. The characters could then be an attraction that doesn't use attraction space.
                    Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

I remember the days when characters were allowed to roam free, in the wild.

I have pics from the 70's of me with characters... and other random kids with the characters. Whenever someone says, "Who's that?" "Damned if I know!" :lol:

Comment

We have one of those pictures! The White Rabbit, my mom and two kids from two completely different families. The story behind the picture is one of our family favorites!!

I totally agree with Stitchy's third point (one and two are good as well). I have a five year old and she knows that if she wants to ride Toy Story Mania she needs to wait in the 60 minute line and she is good with that. It is the same with character photos. If she wants to have a picture made, she needs to wait in line like every one else. It teaches her patience and also makes her decide which lines are really worth the wait.

Comment

I remember those days as well.
                          I would have to see this first ino rder to judge. I am over protective when it comes to my children. I don't like them out of my line of sight for even 1 second. If I am with another person, I don't mind waiting in line and have my husband/mom watch the kids play. But if I am by myself, no way.
                          I think it is a good idea, in theory. I hope they can work something out. I do like the idea of fast pass. That might work out even better.
                          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I can't see Disney putting a CM in charge of "watching" the kids. From a safety and legal stand point that just screams bad idea. Of course the parents would gladly yell and point fingers at the CM if anything happened to their child.
                            -Wes

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X