Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What can be done to Hollywood Studios?

Yeah but with all the different attractions it just seems odd to me.
    -Tyler

Comment

I don't like echo lake that much either, it just seems blahh. They should close off the George Lucas and make it like an adventure area. Change the rest of the area by making it more themed, but keep the dinosour, it's cute!
      My first post!
      sigpic
      New Fantasyland 2012!

Comment

Well, to add to the theme of this thread...

#1 GET RID OF THE FREAKIN' HAT!!

#2 Either update or demolish the Great Movie Ride. It's in such pitiful state right now, each time I think of it, I want to go there myself and bulldoze it. It's so sad to see such a classic die like that.

#3 Add a DHS version of the Indiana Jones ride with a unique temple and new surprises. A lot of people would love to see a ride like that come to DHS.

#4 Expand the Pixar Palace. It was a really cute place, but I found it too small for the large part that Pixar plays with Disney.

#5 Get rid of Sounds Dangerous. Seriously. Having an attraction that only is there occasionally? I don't even think I know what it is? Can someone tell me, cause I sure as heck haven't seen it.

That's about all I can think of. I'll probably add more later.

EDIT: Thought of some more.

#6 Give us a Murphy like dragon. I don't think even a little kid would see the one they have there now as a dragon. I'd reaaaaally be happy if they gave us one, but it doesn't seem likely since WDW doesn't want to deal with that much maintenance. :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by BANANAZ View Post

#5 Get rid of Sounds Dangerous. Seriously. Having an attraction that only is there occasionally? I don't even think I know what it is? Can someone tell me, cause I sure as heck haven't seen it.

LOL well you aren't missing much if you haven't seen it. Cause literally there is NOTHING to see. No joking you sit in a pitch dark room and listen to sound effects through headphones that are attached to each seat.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
            LOL well you aren't missing much if you haven't seen it. Cause literally there is NOTHING to see. No joking you sit in a pitch dark room and listen to sound effects through headphones that are attached to each seat.
            Sounds exciting. 8D

The game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler1994 View Post
              Yeah but with all the different attractions it just seems odd to me.

Well, it should be called Lucas Lake IMHO.

#1 GET RID OF THE FREAKIN' HAT!!
              It'll be gone soon !

#2 Either update or demolish the Great Movie Ride. It's in such pitiful state right now, each time I think of it, I want to go there myself and bulldoze it. It's so sad to see such a classic die like that.
              DO NOT demo this! This is DHS history! The ride just needs a massive refurb. And this classic is not dead- classics never die.

#3 Add a DHS version of the Indiana Jones ride with a unique temple and new surprises. A lot of people would love to see a ride like that come to DHS.

I agree- especially on the unique part. Temple of Peril, here we come! I'd rather see #4 happen first though.

#4 Expand the Pixar Palace. It was a really cute place, but I found it too small for the large part that Pixar plays with Disney.

Well, it just opened. It's pretty much confirmed Backlot is going to go out and leave all that room for PP expansion...

Not much can go here, but the rumors are some kind of Phineas and Ferb 3D attraction.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE the audio 3D this show uses. The haircut part is my absolute favorite. I mean, what other attraction offers what this show offers? None- and I would hate to see it go down to Phineas and Ferb. At least replace it with Cinemagique or Golden Mickeys.
              #6 Give us a Murphy like dragon. I don't think even a little kid would see the one they have there now as a dragon. I'd reaaaaally be happy if they gave us one, but it doesn't seem likely since WDW doesn't want to deal with that much maintenance. :bang:

WDW doesn't want to deal with maintenance? Perhaps you're under the notion that they don't care about safety since they don't give big budgets. You're dead wrong- no pun intended. They take safety very seriously. And the dragon will probably be coming soon- just don't hold your breath. I predict 2012, for the 10 year anniversary.

one hundred and one

Comment

These are some pretty good ideas, but I too, quite like the hat
                I was strongly against it when they changed the name to "Hollywood Studios"....I just want MGM back Haha!
                But I think putting in the Indy ride and Roger Rabbit from DLR, is a bit unfair, as they are just a few of the unique rides to Disneyland.
                Coming up with some newer ideas would be a better idea in my opinion, as it would give people good reason to visit both parks.
                A muppet themed E-ticket ride would be pretty awesome!!
                "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler1994 View Post
                  I reaaally would like to see the park divided so it seems more realistic.. Like half the park a movie studio/half the park Hollywood a long time ago.

wasn't this how MGM was before it became DHS??? sometimes regression may be the best evolution...
                  The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                  -George S. Patton

Comment

Why can't we just get a Toon Town since our Toon Fair is going to vanish. We could have a cool version of Roger Rabbit and advanced theming.
                    The Future Is Ours

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                      Call me crazy, but I LOVE the audio 3D this show uses. The haircut part is my absolute favorite. I mean, what other attraction offers what this show offers? None- and I would hate to see it go down to Phineas and Ferb. At least replace it with Cinemagique or Golden Mickeys.

I sure hope Phineas and Ferb are not being considered as a replacement! Golden Mickey's would be a great fit, but I don't see that ever happening without the Cruise Line getting a new show to replace it on the ships and Golden Mickey show gets moved and perhaps some updates. Too many people who do the cruise combine it with a visit to WDW so they couldn't have the same show. A Cinemagique attraction could also work nicely since it is not typically seen most WDW visitors.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

I really think HS is the park in need of the most help:

-First thing is first, take down the hat.

-I really think HS has sort of lost its way, does anyone in management know what the park is trying to be? A working studio? Not any more. A behind the scenes how movies work? Not so much. I really think they got it right with Sunset Blvd. That sort of 1920s Hollywood that never was and always will be. I would extend that theme tot he whole park-save for Pixar Place. The theme I would apply to the park would be one of the Hollywood Dream. The guests are aspiring actors who have traveled to try to have their big break. Each attraction would be a sort of audition. Tower of Terror for horror, RRC for music videos, Indy for adventure, Star Tours for sci-fi, and Muppets for comedy. Pixar Place for voice acting. That sort of thing.

-The park would have two themes, the Sunset Blvd. and then Pixar PLace

-I would take out the Backlot Tour and expand Pixar Place that way. Have rides based on the Pixar Films.

-Remove the HISTK play ground. Find something else to go there.

-I would also look at expanding the actual ground of the park. Whether it be in the back or off to the side where the parking lot currently is, the park needs more space and a better flow/layout.

-Lastly, I don't know if it would work due to the height of the Chinese Theatre, but at the back of the park I would build a make shift mountain with the Hollywood sign to act as a backdrop for the entire park. Again, don't know if this would work due to the fact that you would want that Hollywood sign to be 199 ft so no light has to be on top.

The park needs rides and lots of them to keep people in the park more.

Comment

Some things I'd like:

1) More cohesive lands. It may be too late to make this happen, but possibly renaming them and having entrance signs (like the Adventureland and Tomorrowland signs in the MK) would make things clearer, and the park easier to navigate (especially for first timers).

2) Turn Echo Lake into Lucas Land: Backlot Express becomes the Mos Eisley Cantina (complete with AA Cantina band). Sounds Dangerous becomes... Sounds Dangerous starring Indiana Jones. Scenes from the movies are played on a screen while cast members and selected guests provide sound effects live. Also include an educational section about how sound effects have been done in the movies over the years. And yes, trade the stunt show for an Indy ride (not necessarily a clone of Disneyland's).

3) More Pixar in Pixar Place. Another dark ride (preferably The Incredibles), a dining location (a better Pizza Planet actually reminiscent of the one in the movie or a Ratatouille restaurant). Some kind of little fun attraction along the level of the Mad Tea Party or Dumbo (though not another Dumbo) to add some nice outdoor visuals and simple fun to the park. Edna Mode's Clothiers.

4) Goodbye Backlot, hello more attractions.

5) Great Movie Ride doesn't need a massive overhaul, it needs a lot of TLC, and a better script. I wouldn't want to see modern movies mixed in.

6) Revamped/re-written Magic of Disney animation. Is it too much to hope that with Disney returning to hand-drawn animation, some might be done here again? Probably. How about taking this, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Playhouse Disney and turning it into a omnimover about the history of Disney animation?

7) Upgraded Fantasmic, back to nightly shows. That second part is even more important than the first.

Comment

DO NOT demo this! This is DHS history! The ride just needs a massive refurb. And this classic is not dead- classics never die.
                            Still, most people aren't familiar with the some of the movies that tGMR showcases. I feel like those movies ought to be removed and replaced with new ones. Ones like Wizard of Oz shouldn't be touched. (except for updated AA's and such)

Yes, but it seems a little useless to only offer it seasonally.
                            WDW doesn't want to deal with maintenance? Perhaps you're under the notion that they don't care about safety since they don't give big budgets. You're dead wrong- no pun intended. They take safety very seriously. And the dragon will probably be coming soon- just don't hold your breath. I predict 2012, for the 10 year anniversary.

Oh, they'll keep it up for safety, but that's about it. Cosmetically, some rides just look awful. Peter Pan in Fantasyland is in need of some major TLC. I'm sure it's safe, but it just doesn't look good at all.

Comment

Toon Town 2.0
                              Between Pixar Place and the Animation Courtyard. You would enter through the Gag Warehouse hole in the brick wall or through a VehicleTunnel used by Eddie Valiant. Besides a Roger Rabbit Ride Ver 2.0 there should be a long overdue Fab 5 attraction.

Comment

[QUOTE=BANANAZ;1055724549][SIZE=5][COLOR=red] Still, most people aren't familiar with the some of the movies that tGMR showcases. I feel like those movies ought to be removed and replaced with new ones. Ones like Wizard of Oz shouldn't be touched. (except for updated AA's and such)

Most people might not be familiar with some of the movies, but I'd bet most people are at least somewhat familiar with MOST of the movies. The point of the GMR is to showcase the history of great American movies, and to do that you have to include some very old types of movies that the youngest guests might not yet be familiar with. GMR is meant to be partially educational and can be a great introduction to those movies.

More recent hits would become dated and need to be replaced a lot sooner than "Singin' In the Rain", "Casablanca", or "Tarzan."

Comment

Most important to the success of Disney Hollywood Studios is to focus less on the 'backlot' idea and more about what made Disneyland so successful in 1955.

Disneyland is the original Hollywood Studios theme park with lands that matched various genres of television and film.

The hat aside, Hollywood & Sunset are great ways to start the park with a nostalgic look at the glitz and glamor of Hollywood's heyday. Great shows and attractions are also abundant here.

And there's nothing wrong with having a "BACKLOT" land as part of the overall experience, but with more than half the park like that, it's a real let down. Disney needs to get back into full themed attractions. The concept of "this is all in a sound stage" is played out, done, and not exciting.

Star Tours shouldn't be on a movie set. It should be a part of a fully realized Star Wars world. Second, why are they starting out in Endor if that's the destination??

Someone mentioned Toon Town and I've always wanted that to come true. It'd be a perfect match in DCA but it's too late. Now since Fantasyland in MK is expanding and there wasn't much of a Toon Town to begin with, they have a real shot with making something amazing, complete with character dining.

There's a lot more to be done at this park for sure.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
                                    More recent hits would become dated and need to be replaced a lot sooner than "Singin' In the Rain", "Casablanca", or "Tarzan."
                                    I disagree about Tarzan. I'd replace Tarzan with The Lion King and make that the most modern film presented in the GMR. And then replace the Alien scene with Star Wars: A New Hope opening scene. Also add in Snow White somewhere.

And there's nothing wrong with having a "BACKLOT" land as part of the overall experience, but with more than half the park like that, it's a real let down. Disney needs to get back into full themed attractions. The concept of "this is all in a sound stage" is played out, done, and not exciting.
                                    I disagree. Rides like TSMM, MuppetVision, etc use it to their advantage.

Star Tours shouldn't be on a movie set. It should be a part of a fully realized Star Wars world. Second, why are they starting out in Endor if that's the destination??
                                    I think the exit is themed to Endor, like you've arrived... but I'm not 100%.

Someone mentioned Toon Town and I've always wanted that to come true. It'd be a perfect match in DCA but it's too late. Now since Fantasyland in MK is expanding and there wasn't much of a Toon Town to begin with, they have a real shot with making something amazing, complete with character dining.
                                    I agree. Except add in Roger Rabbit + Jessica Rabbit and the Toon Trolley ride that was never made

one hundred and one

Comment

I think the exit is themed to Endor, like you've arrived... but I'm not 100%.
                                      You exit through the store which is supposed to be themed to Tatooine. The entrance is Endor
                                      www.jamboeveryone.com
                                      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

as you enter the park make a cut thru to sunset blvd.
                                        (even my 3 yr old ask me why we have to walk all the way around)

add Roger Rabbit where Narnia and one man one dream is

have a walk way from that area to "the New Toon Town"

Gut the backlot tour and build originally 1 more pixar ride but up to 3 to least

eliminate indiana jones show and replace with a Indiana Jones ride with EMV's

Animation Courtyard have a centerpiece stage for rotating shows

Update Great Movie Ride

And consolidate lands titles

Comment

I disagree about Tarzan. I'd replace Tarzan with The Lion King and make that the most modern film presented in the GMR. And then replace the Alien scene with Star Wars: A New Hope opening scene. Also add in Snow White somewhere.
                                          Goodness no. GMR has Fantasia to represent Disney animation, and that should be the extent of it. Disney animation is everywhere else in the parks, and has a whole land dedicated to it at the MK.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X