Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeti Status

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Yeti Status

    Is it currently in A-mode?

  • #2
    Re: Yeti Status

    I went right before the Christmas holiday and only saw the B mode. I have not heard that any money was allocated to fix him for the foreseeable future.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan
    .................................

    Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Yeti Status

      Well, we rode it early December, and it was in B-Mode. We rode it back in 2007, when the yeti was functioning properly, and I thought that people were making a bigger fuss about the B-Mode than necessary, as you only pass him for a brief few seconds. After this ride, it changed my mind. I was the only one in the family who actually managed to see him this time, and that's only coz I knew where to look. He needs to be put back in A-Mode.
      Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Yeti Status

        I've heard it was on and off full A mode recently. I think it's all a matter of luck until the refurb- whenever that is.

        one hundred and one

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Yeti Status

          On WDWToday I remember them saying that the Yeti was in a modified A mode, one that is less intensive on the figure, and I had read on Screamscape a while back about plans to make a less intense A mode, at least until major infrastructural work can be done on the figure (which may never happen.)
          -Hale (wumbology)

          a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

          (I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Yeti Status

            If Joe Rodhe has anything to say about it, it WILL happen one way or another.

            Too bad he's in Hawaii.

            one hundred and one

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Yeti Status

              Um, forgive my ignorance, but what are you guys talking about? The yeti on the expedition everest ride, I gather, but what about it? What's a mode and b mode?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Yeti Status

                Yes the Yeti on Everest has not been working at fully show capacity. Apparently the concrete foundation that he it set on is cracking so he no longer is making his motions like it was intended to do. He is supposed to be an audio animatronic that appears to reach out and swat at the train as it passes when operating in A show mode. But for sometime now it is in B mode, as you pass him he is just stands there and they flash a strobe light. All B mode means is that it is an alternate version of what the experience should be. It isn't a ignorant question, especially if you didn't know it that it wasn't working properly. If you only saw it operating in B mode you easily could have not even known there was a problem.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Yeti Status

                  I think the only time they fire it up in A-mode is around the end of April when the park celebrates it's anniversary. Otherwise, Harold in the Matterhorn is a scarier beast. There are not enough E-tickets at AK to soak up the loss of this attraction if they decided to try and fix it. And this would not be an easy or cheap fix. Have you noticed they don't talk about the Yeti anymore?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Yeti Status

                    I saw the Yeti in full A mode when I visited in December 2007...this huge roaring beast taking a swipe at you as you zoom by him. Definitely one of the greatest AAs ever. Even some kind of modified A mode would be better than now, when you can barely see/experience him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Yeti Status

                      Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                      Yes the Yeti on Everest has not been working at fully show capacity. Apparently the concrete foundation that he it set on is cracking so he no longer is making his motions like it was intended to do. He is supposed to be an audio animatronic that appears to reach out and swat at the train as it passes when operating in A show mode. But for sometime now it is in B mode, as you pass him he is just stands there and they flash a strobe light. All B mode means is that it is an alternate version of what the experience should be. It isn't a ignorant question, especially if you didn't know it that it wasn't working properly. If you only saw it operating in B mode you easily could have not even known there was a problem.
                      Originally posted by Mousecat View Post
                      I think the only time they fire it up in A-mode is around the end of April when the park celebrates it's anniversary. Otherwise, Harold in the Matterhorn is a scarier beast. There are not enough E-tickets at AK to soak up the loss of this attraction if they decided to try and fix it. And this would not be an easy or cheap fix. Have you noticed they don't talk about the Yeti anymore?
                      Wow! Thanks for explaining. I was just on that attraction several times the Sunday after Christmas, for the first time since last christmas. I'm trying to think, and the truth is I absolutely didn't notice if the yeti swiped at the train or not, I just can't remember, and I didn't know to pay attention. I was too busy screaming, I guess! I'm actually a little annoyed with myself for not noticing. I usually do notice when things aren't working right, and I find it extremely irritating! Any chance it was in A mode over Christmas? Just read over all the posts again, and now I'm thinking it must have been in a modified A mode, because I definitely remember seeing it, and it sounds like it's hard to even see in B mode.

                      So, um, the yeti is standing there on cracking concrete? That sounds a little scary. That is one thing I do remember thinking, as we passed under the yeti, was that it looks like it's just going to fall on the train. It's not going to fall on the train, is it?
                      Last edited by lily23; 01-06-2010, 10:42 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Yeti Status

                        He was rocking the A-mode over Labor Day weekend - man, what a difference. I hoped at the time he (or his support structure) had actually been fixed, but I guess I just had good timing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Yeti Status

                          Originally posted by lily23 View Post

                          So, um, the yeti is standing there on cracking concrete? That sounds a little scary. That is one thing I do remember thinking, as we passed under the yeti, was that it looks like it's just going to fall on the train. It's not going to fall on the train, is it?
                          No idea what mode he was in around Christmas, it has been in B everytime I have been on it the past few trips, most recently when I was there around Thanksgiving.

                          I seriously doubt it is that bad where there is a danger of it falling. I think it is just stress fractures in the concrete. I only saw it in A mode once and ever time I ride since it is in B but I believe that the yeti is at an angle which is why it is supposed to look like he is coming at you. With his motion probably putting too much pressure on the foundation and if the quality of the concrete, labor that installed it or design weren't right the base could have easily cracked (more than likely it was a combo of one or more). It is a shame that the largest AA is barely noticible when the majority of guests get to ride it. The effect on from the projector of the Yeti tearing the track is better than the actual thing now.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Yeti Status

                            Well, we just came back from Disney World, and our next trip will be in Jan 2012. Does anyone know if Disney has put up ANY deadline at all to get it fixed? Like would it be fixed in the next few year? I wonder
                            Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Yeti Status

                              Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                              The effect on from the projector of the Yeti tearing the track is better than the actual thing now.
                              And I'm never looking at that, because I'm always looking at the track flip over!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X