Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Gracey Manor

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Gracey Manor

I know people may disagree, or have talked about this in other threads, but what I really want to discuss about is the story-line of the Haunted Mansion. Most, if not half, of people that like the Haunted Mansion don't even know about it. In fact, they made a similar story-line for the Disneyland mansion. Now lets get down to brass tax. From what I've heard, a couple of the cast members at the Florida mansion, a while back, made up a story for our beloved mansion. But since 2007, that all changed. I want everybody to find a way to twist the story-line to make the more newer characters important. Seeing as how nobody knows about the bride in the attic (Emily), I figured that Constance would be apart of the story, or how the footsteps in the Grand Staircase got lost, or how Leota begun to float. I'll leave it to you guys, but at the same time, throw out my Idea's as well. Happy Haunting!

Welcome, Foolish Mortals!

Re: Gracey Manor

For me, the story of the Haunted Mansion is:

"You are visiting an abandoned mansion where 999 grim, grinning ghosts have retired."

Like, ghosts gather there. Now, the ghosts might have their own stories, and the house might have its own, but in my limited years of Haunted Mansion fandom I think it'd be best to keep it simple.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Exactly, but the Idea of the story of this house would be just for entertainment, not for legal purposes (if you catch my drift). And I totally agree with the HM being a retirement home for these Grim Grinning Ghosts, but don't you ever wonder how it all came to be? Oh, and by the way, a question came across me just today: What ever happened to the "Dead End" sign that hung in the mausoleum just before exiting the ride? Does anybody know? Another thing, I'd like to say that how George (in the stretching room and attic) has had 3 different names in my personal research (Patecleaver, Gracey (Sr.), and Hightower (in the wedding portrait))
      If your wondering how I get all these names, for those of you who don't know, I found them at this website: Haunted Mansion’s Ghost Gallery.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals!

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal 13 View Post
        Another thing, I'd like to say that how George (in the stretching room and attic) has had 3 different names in my personal research (Patecleaver, Gracey (Sr.), and Hightower (in the wedding portrait))
        If your wondering how I get all these names, for those of you who don't know, I found them at this website: Haunted Mansion’s Ghost Gallery.
        Hightower? As in Hotel Hightower...?

It would be cool yet a little controversial if they connected the Haunted Mansion with S.E.A.

[S.E.A. being Society of Explorers and Adventures, as included in backstory of TDS Tower of Terror, Fortress Explorations, Mystic Manor, etc. Harrison Hightower III, member.]
        Last edited by wumbology; 01-09-2010, 03:39 PM. Reason: S.E.A. Note
        -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Well, the Gracey thing has come about because of the "Master Gracey" tombstone that some have thought refers to the mansion's master. In fact, it is a tribute to imagineer Yale Gracey, just like the one to tribute Marc Davis, etc. Master is how young people used to be addressed instead of mister (Mr.); that's how birthday cards from my elderly aunts were addressed to me. Most stories about the mansion over the years have come from CMs more than imagineers. Of course it's all fiction anyway. If you don't know about doombuggies.com I'd spend some time there.

A bientot.
          Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-12-2010, 03:24 PM. Reason: link to other message board deleted
          Remember
          What the dormouse said
          Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Yeah... Leave Haunted Mansion alone.

There doesn't have to be literal story elements for a story to be told. I personally like the feeling similar to how I got when I was a kid slowly walking past that house. The supposed haunted one. A chill ran through my body whenever I walked my bike past the house's creaky, iron gate. I wonder what went on there? And I wonder what happens there...at night...

To to the kid in me, that's what Haunted Mansion is. No complex story required.

YouTube Channel:
            DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by wumbology View Post
              Hightower? As in Hotel Hightower...?

It would be cool yet a little controversial if they connected the Haunted Mansion with S.E.A.

[S.E.A. being Society of Explorers and Adventures, as included in backstory of TDS Tower of Terror, Fortress Explorations, Mystic Manor, etc. Harrison Hightower III, member.]
              I have no problem with the subtle connections to S.E.A. put in the HM during its makeover. The attraction never had an exact, complex story anyway, so little allusions like these do nothing to hurt it, and may even deepen its mystery... IMO.

Comment

If you're a fan of the Ghost Gallery stories and you'd like a Mansion back story based on the Ghost Gallery then check out this video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CpYpLFWGHI]YouTube - The Story of the Haunted Mansion - The Show - with Patrick Episode 6[/ame]

Here's more info...

The Story of the Haunted Mansion.

Youll learn how the wish of one man to provide a loving home for his family, became the nightmare that destroyed one generation after the next.

The 32 minute story is visualized through the art work of over 40 talented artists.

Nearly 300 original pieces of artwork were created exclusively for the story!

The short films voice cast includes actor Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser MD, How I Met Your Mother), Corey Burton (The Haunted Mansion Holidays Ghost Host), Peter Renaday (The Ghost Host from the classic 1969 Haunted Mansion LP), and voice guy extraordinaire Brian Sommer!

Find out how your favorite characters came to live and die inside Disneylands Haunted Mansion and the surprising way their stories intertwine.

Visit the Window to the Magic video feed on iTunes to download a high quality version of this video.

So you think you know all about the Haunted Mansion

You dont know half the story!
                Doom

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark
                side. You have paid the price for your lack of vision.

Comment

Thank you very much for sharing, DoomBuggie.That was an amazing video! It explained everything and all the little details. I never all the layering of generations besides just Edward Gracey. I should have stopped at the cheerful Walt Disney part, because just listening to the end scared me.

Comment

Just to clarify, that isn't the official backstory for the Haunted Mansion by any means. It's fanfiction.

Comment

I like it all the same. The original is too brief and doesn't explain as much, and this version is much more depressing.

Comment

I'm sorry for my absence in the past few months, my laptop was having difficulties, and for another of my apologies, I'm currently in the process of shutting this thread down. Not many people are chatting, and there are some people who are giving me a rough time for actually thinking about a story for the HM. Sorry to offend anybody, but I just thought that every Haunted House should have some sort of a history on what makes it what it is today, and I'm not talking about Walt's dream for a Haunted House. Sorry.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X