This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walt Disney World Memory Thread

I remember the day that we went to Epcot in 2003. We left early in the morning, and had a priority seating at the Garden Grill for lunch. We figured that Sean would have had enough of Epcot for the day by the time we finished lunch. He'd probably want to swim, so we could return to the hotel, let Sean swim, and go back for Illuminations. Well you know what they say about the well laid plans of.....

Up to this point in our vcation, we had resisted the temptation to collect, and trade pins. Almost immediately upon entering the park, we ran across the pin trading sets that they were selling. We thought they were neat, and we all picked one out for ourselves, and we were instantly pin collectors. We soon caught on to the trading aspect as well.

Sean had so much fun collecting and trading pins, and when we ran across the Kidcot spots, he wanted to do that as well. He never once asked when we were going back to the hotel. To this day, it is my favorite day ever spent at Epcot. I had a super great time. We ended up having to buy ourselves something warm to wear as we sat near France and watched Illuminations. We enjoyed our lunch at Garden Grill, our new hobby of pin collecting, and finished every Kidcot station at Epcot.

These are the scrapbook pages from my 8 x 8 scrapbook of that 2003 vacation.

Have you ever seen the Living Statue? I believe she was in Italy. It was so funny. She stands behind an unexpecting guest, and she does funny things to you. She kept knocking off my hat. I am so glad we got a photo of that. She snatched someone else's cell phone. One minute she's moving, and the next she is a statue. Very funny!
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 01-16-2010, 08:09 PM.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

Worst idea ever at a Disney theme park!
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

After we came back from our fabulous day at Epcot, we were walking back to our room at the Contemporary. Sean and Kathy decided to head down to the water's edge and check it out. Kathy took this great photo of Sean running on the pier. Just about this time, the Electrical Water Pageant was coming by. I remembered seeing that back in 1997, and reading about it in both the Birnbaum guidebook, and the Passporter. These images are from a later date in time. The Electrical Water Pageant is one of those magical moments at the Seven Seas Lagoon, that I hope lasts forever for the guests at Disney World.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

When I see this photograph, I am reminded of just how quickly Kathy and Sean got into pin collecting. Here they are headed off to MGM for the day. The backpack is all packed with needed supplies, and the pins on their lanyard are all set for trading. To me, it's the classic Disney World tourist.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

We have a saying in our family. "Put Your Heads Together!". It was this moment in time, at the Prime Time Cafe at MGM when that saying debuted. Now, everytime we take a photo, and I say, "put your heads together", they do, and I am reminded of the Prime Time Cafe, at MGM Studios, and all the fun that we had there.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
              Worst idea ever at a Disney theme park!

Considering WDS, DCA, SGE, MILF, RFPW, Light Magic, LuminAria... THIS is the worst?

Jeez...

Loving the pics Barbara

one hundred and one

Comment

Have you ever see the movie "Singing in the Rain", with Gene Kelly. I have always been a fan of that movie. When I read about the umbrella that they have at MGM that you can stand under, and make it rain, I had to go check it out. Nice way to cool off on a hot day.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
                  Considering WDS, DCA, SGE, MILF, RFPW, Light Magic, LuminAria... THIS is the worst?

Jeez...

Loving the pics Barbara
                  Thanks for loving my pics.

About that birthday cake castle. It actually wasn't that bad in person, except for the really bright Pepto Bismol color. Then again, why do they only decorate the front of the castle, and they don't do the back?

When Cinderella Castle was decorated in 05 in honor of Disneyland's 50th birthday, I liked it when I saw it in pictures. However, when I saw it in person, I didn't care for it at all.

I guess we can all agree to disagree on the castles that are at the Disney theme parks.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

This photo reminds me of the first time that I rode Star Tours. It was late at night, and we had just left Fantasmic. We headed down toward Star Tours to see if it was open. (The photo here was taken earlier that day) Since we found it open, and still operating, Kathy and Sean decided to ride, and I held their stuff. I had read about the ride, and I was a little nervous, so I sat out. Well, shortly thereafter Sean came running out, and said "grandma, you have to ride that ride!" He assured me that I would like it, and I would definitely survive. Good to know, from a theme park novice. Well we boarded the ride, and I was amazed. Sean did not lie to his granny. To this day, it is one of the very first rides that I head for when I am at either MGM, or Disneyland.

I can't believe how small Sean looks next to that thing. What is it called?

BarbaraAnn

Comment

great posts Barbarann, I never get tired of old pics of WDW
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                        great posts Barbarann, I never get tired of old pics of WDW
                        Thank You.

I was telling my husband today how it's good to look at old photographs and refresh your memory. Perhaps it will help my brain cells. Besides it's fun remembering all the good times.

This next picture reminded me of the day that I first ate at Tony's Restaurant in Town Square for lunch. I had minestrone soup, tea, and delicious bread with a dipping tomato sauce. I didn't have a priority seating. It wasn't crowded so they were able to seat me.

The footprints are of Lady and the Tramp. I wish they were a bit clearer. I remember noticing them, before I entered the restaurant. It makes one think of the most famous scene of the Lady and the Tramp movie, where they share a plate of Tony's spaghetti.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

These pictures prove it!..It's a known fact! The Mouse is everywhere! Everywhere at Disney World, that is.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 01-17-2010, 08:06 PM.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

I was discussing this vacation with Kathy the other day, and I told her that I noticed something quite interesting about that 2003 trip. We didn't take many pictures of park icons on that trip. It seems that our cameras were directly mostly to Sean. Sean saw a lot of characters on that trip. He got a lot of autographs. He was the star of our vacation.

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Great pictures!! This is my favorite picture from my wife and I's very first trip way back in...2008.
                              It was our very first night at Walt Disney World and we were heading out when we ran into Mickey and Minnie next to Cinderella's Castle. It was the prefect way to end our first night.
                              Last edited by Zorro825; 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM.
                              Out of the NIGHT....
                              When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
                              Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
                              ---------------------------------------

Comment

Kathy's mom lives in nearby Daytona Beach. That's nearby to Orlando, in Florida, not nearby in Chicago where we live. When we were planning our 2003 vacation, Kathy invited her mom to come down for an overnight stay with us. We hose the last night of our vacation. We all went to the Backyard BBQ together, which takes place at Fort Wilderness. We got a lot of great group shots together, and I especially like the one of Kathy and Sean dancing together. Sean posed for a special photo with one of the singers in the band. We really enjoyed the all you can eat BBQ. The interaction with the characters, is great. Lots of chances for autographs and photos.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 01-18-2010, 12:58 PM.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Zorro825, it is indeed special to get more than one Disney character in a photo with us while on vacation. Mickey and Minnie are the king and queen to many of us. Great photo by the way.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

On the very last day of our vacation in 2003, we headed back to Magic Kingdom because Kathy's mom Carrol had never been there. We took the train in Town Square and rode it to the Toon Town station. It was fun hanging out there, and taking photos of all the wackiness there.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 01-18-2010, 06:15 PM.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Our last day at Magic Kingdom including seeing "the Easter Bunny".

BarbaraAnn

Comment

How many times have you seen the "afternoon parade" at Magic Kingdom?

BarbaraAnn

Comment

Happiness is...............

Last edited by Barbaraann; 01-18-2010, 08:52 PM.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Working...
                                          X