This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walt Disney World Memory Thread

My most recent trips to Disney World always include at least one day at Animal Kingdom. It was a lot of fun visiting this park at Christmastime. I especially loved their tree. I took some closeup shots of the ornaments on that tree. They were really unique.

I always eat breakfast, especially on vacation. I love the breakfast at Rainforest Cafe. It always fills me up, and holds me until dinner. The day that I was at Animal Kingdom, I was meeting Jennifer for our dinner at Park Fare.

A day at Animal Kingdom wouldn't be complete without a ride on Kilimanjaro Safari. I just wish that I could take better photos of the animals. I take lots of pictures, but they just never seem to turn out so well. Next time I go, I'll probably just sit back, and enjoy the view.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-13-2010, 02:08 PM.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

My day at Animal Kingdom also included the Bird Show, Flights of Wonder. I make a point of seeing it each time I go to ANimal Kingdom. It is funny, and the birds are cool. I also was able to see the new Nemo show. It takes a bit of walking at the AK, and some planning to see all the entertaining shows.

There are a lot of different animals on the Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life. I took many pictures of that tree over the years. I often tell my husband how he would love the Animal Kingdom. It wasn't there when my husband visited Disney World in 1997. Perhaps one day, after he retires, I can get him to go back.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-13-2010, 07:26 PM.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

I always see a good amount of characters when I visit Disney World. I like getting the autographs, and posing for pictures. I am also happiest when the Photopass people are near by to help with the picture taking, since I am by myself a lot. These are all the characters that I saw. I even sat on Santa's lap, since it was the Christmas season.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-14-2010, 09:31 AM.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

I remember hearing about the special Christmas decorations that were scattered throughout Disney World, so I tried to see as much as I could. I remember during one of the days that I was in Epcot, I decided to take a side trip to the Beach Club to see the Chocolate Carousel. Yes, a carousel made out of chocolate. There was also a mini chocolate castle nearby. I love going to the Beach Club. I wish that I could afford to stay there again. Considering the fact that I am 62, I often wonder how many different resorts I'll be able to stay at in my lifetime.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-15-2010, 05:56 PM.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Right next door to the Beach Club is the Yacht Club. It is also a gorgeous resort. They had their own special touches for the holidays. A giant train set was set up there, and I made my way to that resort to see it. These are some of the photographs that I took on my visit there.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-16-2010, 04:24 PM.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Out of all the park Christmas Trees, the MGM tree was the most bland. I arrived at the park, just before the Holiday Parade was due to be shown. I was drawn to the park, not by the tree, or the parade, but by the Ozbourne Lights. Absolutely have to be seen to be believed.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-17-2010, 06:35 PM.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

On the last full day of my WDW vacation in 2007, I was off to Magic Kingdom for the day. It has always been my favorite park at Disney World. I don't think that that will ever change.

It's fun getting to the park at opening time, and seeing what characters show up on the train station platform above the Mickey Floral. That morning there were a lot of different ones.

I spent the morning taking pictures of my favorite things, and my favorite rides to ride at the park. I believe I have a special fondness for that clock on Main Street, ever since my husband, grandson, and I walked past it in 1997. On this morning, it was nice being greeted by this smiling cast member.

I am deathly afraid of mice. This beautiful statue doesn't make me fearful, though, it makes me smile.

Piglet is such a delightful little character. I do like riding the Winnie the Pooh ride. It makes me a little sad, that my grandson who loved the Pooh characters as a toddler won't go near the ride now that he's a teenager. So, I ride the ride and think of him, and all the time we spent watching Winnie the Pooh together.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-18-2010, 06:49 PM.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

The Snow White ride is always a fun one to ride. I never get scared, but I can understand how the little ones might be.

I love the seven dwarfs. I also love to take a picture of the car that I am going to get to ride in while I enjoy this attraction.

The 3D Attraction, Mickey's Philharmagic is a real gem. Mickey saves the day, but for me Donald is the star. I never get tired of watching this attraction.

Each and every time I ride Splash Mountain, I am nervous. I think perhaps that is because of my fear of water, and my dislike of slides. Yet, I love the ride when I ride it. The story is great, and the drops are thrilling. I always emerge from the ride in my happy place.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-18-2010, 08:47 PM.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

I visited Toontown briefly, and took a few photos of Christmas decorations. I then rode the train back to Town Square where I was able to get a few shots of the Christmas tree, and some Main Street Windows, before it got dark.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-19-2010, 10:45 AM.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

I rode the Liberty Belle, just as it was getting dark, and I got some pretty interesting photos.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-19-2010, 10:57 AM.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

I was there to see Spectromagic one last time. Before I did that, I got a few nice nightime photos in Town Square. I like watching the Magic Kingdom parades in Town Square. It makes for an easier exit out of the park when my night at the park is over. In this case, the last night of my vacation.

Good night Magic Kingdom. Goodbye Jiminy, til I see you again. Farewell Disney World, almost.....
                          Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-19-2010, 11:14 AM.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

If you have ever been to Disney World, you know the feeling that you get when you wake up on the last day. For me, I was ready to go home. I had a great Christmastime vacation at Disney World. There was a blizzard coming Chicago's way, and I just wanted to beat it home. So I packed up my suitcases, and delivered them to the Magical Express Desk. Jennifer and I had one last matter to take care of before our flight left for Chicago. That was a character breakfast at Ohana with Lilo, and Stitch. Mickey showed up as well in his Polynesian shirt.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-19-2010, 01:43 PM.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I like the Photopass program at Disney World. I just wish that it was cheaper. On my 2007 trip, I shared the cost with my friend Jennifer. Here are a few of my favorite ones from my December, 07 trip.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-19-2010, 03:28 PM.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Great photos, BA! I had no idea that Rainforest Cafe had breakfast! It looks yummy! I'll have to try it next time.

And I SOOO want to see the Spectacle of Lights! It looks gorgeous!

Am I horrible for wanting to eat the gingerbread castle? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X