Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

    Wow! Great TR Duck. This makes me glad to know I'm going to run my 1/2 marathon next month at WDW. I like how you SHOW OFF your medals.....very classy.
    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

      You really must be commended for sacrificing all that knee cartilage to such a worthy cause.

      Was this a charitable event and were people able to sponsor you with a donation towards it?

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

        Originally posted by Mad Madame Momba View Post
        You really must be commended for sacrificing all that knee cartilage to such a worthy cause.

        Was this a charitable event and were people able to sponsor you with a donation towards it?
        Thank you for pointing this out Momba...subtle as ever.

        But you are correct and I would like to Thank everyone (again) who donated to the National MS Society on my behalf.
        Even more important was the postive notes of encouragement I received just before the race, many from the MC community. I carried those message with me...in my heart. Thanks again.
        Originally posted by Grumpee
        I only care for Disney bling!

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

          Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
          Thank you for pointing this out Momba...subtle as ever.

          But you are correct and I would like to Thank everyone (again) who donated to the National MS Society on my behalf.
          Even more important was the postive notes of encouragement I received just before the race, many from the MC community. I carried those message with me...in my heart. Thanks again.

          Then you must've been weighed down considerably much, because you appear to have a very big heart. Those friends were very fortunate to have been kept in such a warm place.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

            Awesome!
            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

            ΔΜΧΑ

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

              Originally posted by Mad Madame Momba View Post
              Then you must've been weighed down considerably much, because you appear to have a very big heart. Those friends were very fortunate to have been kept in such a warm place.
              During the rough times of the race, I was inspired by a quote from Lincoln-
              "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
              Originally posted by Grumpee
              I only care for Disney bling!

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
                During the rough times of the race, I was inspired by a quote from Lincoln-
                "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
                Your attitude about life is a poetic and inspirational one, to be sure. It reminds me of what one of my favorite writers once said;

                "Poets are the hierophants of an unapprehended inspiration; the mirrors of the gigantic shadows which futurity casts upon the present." -Shelley

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                  Originally posted by Mad Madame Momba View Post
                  Your attitude about life is a poetic and inspirational one, to be sure. It reminds me of what one of my favorite writers once said;

                  "Poets are the hierophants of an unapprehended inspiration; the mirrors of the gigantic shadows which futurity casts upon the present." -Shelley
                  He reminds me of Ty Webb- "Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.' He was a funny guy."
                  Originally posted by Grumpee
                  I only care for Disney bling!

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                    Congrats! What was your time on the full? My uncle also did the goofy's Challenge this year. He did the half for the first time last year, and this year, he did all 4 events - Cast Wellness Walk (1.5 mile - I did this with him and it was in the 30s that day too), 5K, Half Marathon and the Full Marathon - his first. He finished the full in 4hr 3 min and was shivering in the CIGNA VIP tent until we left at 11:30am!

                    Gary is a Sr. VP at CIGNA, and he also spoke at the Expo, hence his reason for all that walking and running....
                    AKA doombuggy
                    1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC Star Wars Celebration

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                      Originally posted by golden redhead View Post
                      Congrats! What was your time on the full? My uncle also did the goofy's Challenge this year. He did the half for the first time last year, and this year, he did all 4 events - Cast Wellness Walk (1.5 mile - I did this with him and it was in the 30s that day too), 5K, Half Marathon and the Full Marathon - his first. He finished the full in 4hr 3 min and was shivering in the CIGNA VIP tent until we left at 11:30am!

                      Gary is a Sr. VP at CIGNA, and he also spoke at the Expo, hence his reason for all that walking and running....
                      I believe Gary said some words just before the Marathon start. Congrats to him.

                      I ran the Half in 2:15 and the full in 4:44. I ran the first half of the marathon 2 seconds faster than the Half Marathon on Saturday. My pacing was perfect until about mile 18 then exhaustion and pain set in.
                      Originally posted by Grumpee
                      I only care for Disney bling!

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                        Are you comfortable running more full marathons? Or is this the first and last?

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                          Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          Are you comfortable running more full marathons? Or is this the first and last?
                          Not comfortable with marathons but can't guarantee this was my last one.
                          Originally posted by Grumpee
                          I only care for Disney bling!

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                            Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
                            I ran the Half in 2:15 and the full in 4:44.
                            Great work! :yea:
                            AKA doombuggy
                            1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC Star Wars Celebration

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                              Congratulations! Quite the accomplishment

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                                Oh Disneyland Dan when will you ever learn?? You drink and have fun at the parks you don't run 39 miles!

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: WDW (freezing) Marathon 1/10/10

                                  Originally posted by DisneyMommy View Post
                                  Oh Disneyland Dan when will you ever learn?? You drink and have fun at the parks you don't run 39 miles!
                                  Can't argue with you there.

                                  Maybe I'm trying to run away from something?
                                  Originally posted by Grumpee
                                  I only care for Disney bling!

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X