This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Extra Magic Hours question

So we'll be visiting WDW in a few weeks, and we're staying off-property for the majority of the trip. We do have a room on-property the night before we leave, though - and I'm curious how the Magic Hours option works.

Can we only utilize the extra hours on the day we're staying on-property, or is it tied to our park tickets somehow where you can use it on a different day, but once it's been used it's gone?

Re: Extra Magic Hours question

Its based on your hotel room. You can only use it on the day that you are staying on property. You have to show your room key in order to receive the bracelet that allows you to utilize the extra magic hours.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

The last time I participated in the extra magic hours they used our room key and had discontinued using the bracelet. I would think the room key would be good for two days, the day you check in and the day you check out.

Comment

That's right, no more bracelets!
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Great - thanks everyone, that helps a lot!

Comment

If the first day was on property and not the last

You could probably use the Room Key for Extra Magic hours every day your there

I can't remember a cast member actually stopping me to look at the actual dates on the card, they were just looking to see that I had one in general

Comment

I'd second the level of checks as an experience..it matches what hapenned to us. Can't say i'd like to try using out of date cards though. You do have have a definite case that the cards apply on the day you check in and the day you check out though. However you can't check in early enough for EMH Morning on the day of checkin (I don't think) and it's not that anyone would stay for EMH evening on the day you leave. So you're realistically looking at an evening or a morning, or a lack of sleep, but I'd say you can technically get 2 days of EMH out of your 1 nights stay.
              Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                That's right, no more bracelets!
                No more bracelets?!?!? I kind of liked the neon colored things. Plus it made it fast and easy for the CM's to identify the people who qualified for EMH and the people who did not. So now they have to stop everybody and look at resort passes? It seems like that would slow things down a bit.

I don't know that I would suggest trying to pass off ID's that are old or do not apply on the day in question. There would be nothing more frustrating than waiting in a line for something really popular, BTMRR for example, only to get to the end of the line and have them send you back. I've seen them do that with people who think they can save time during the day by jumping into the FP line and try to talk their way through without one. Just my 2 cents - it is, of course, your choice how you do this - good luck either way.

Comment

Your room key is your "Key to the Kingdom", and is also has your admission coded on it.

"The Computer Is Your Friend"

Comment

Originally posted by celticdar View Post

I don't know that I would suggest trying to pass off ID's that are old or do not apply on the day in question. There would be nothing more frustrating than waiting in a line for something really popular, BTMRR for example, only to get to the end of the line and have them send you back. I've seen them do that with people who think they can save time during the day by jumping into the FP line and try to talk their way through without one. Just my 2 cents - it is, of course, your choice how you do this - good luck either way.
                    They always check your key before you get in line so you wouldn't have to wait in line to see if they will let you in.

Also they just glance at the card if your finger if over the date they really won't look. There was even some confusion with a hotel I stayed at one time because it was a good neighbor hotel and when I called to ask if we could use EMH the person said yes so we did and the CMs were just like oh I haven't heard of that one but let us on anyways. It wasn't until the end of our trip that we realized the problem.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X