This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagineer Breakfast???

I REALLY want to be an imagineer when I grow up. I go to Disney World every year and found out this year that there is an imagineer breakfast. You eat with an imagineer and ask questions and all that kinda stuff...
    But I was just wondering if anyone else has done this. If so, what did you think about it? I hear that it is most fun for people my age and over. So I convinced my parents to make a reservation for one of our future vacations. What did you think about it? Is it worth the time? Thank you very much.
    ---A Future Imagineer

Re: Imagineer Breakfast???

It's not a breakfast, it's a lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby (unless they have added a breakfast. I know they used to do a dinner at Artist Point). I've done it twice already and it is well worth it. It is a table of 8 and while you can't ask specifics about future attractions, you can get some great insight and stories about how Imagineering works.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Yeah, like how they don't hire new imagineers on a permanent basis... everything is done per project now. Bah.
      -Bill

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with Yoyoflamingo. I've only done it once but I plan on doing it again on my next trip. You do gain a lot of insight as to how they work and function inside Disney.
        Imagineer is a pretty broad title and you could go numerous times and get to be in the company of a different person each time. From someone in attractions or interior design, or, as in my case, the art director for Walt Disney imagineering.
        Keep in mind that you get out of it what you put in. I've heard that some lunches were not that great as the group was not very engaging with the imagineer and the conversation often lagged. Ours was more the norm though as everyone was having so much fun that lunch flew by and before we knew it Joni, the imagineer, noticed that 3 hours had passed and she missed an informal meeting. :blush:

Comment

I was at one of Yoyo's lunhes and as a big but not huge and crazy Diseny fan, even I enjoyed it. I like the behind the scenes stuff and our guy was very informative. Our group was pretty good, too. That does make a big difference!
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse