Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

D23 Spring Edition Reveals Dumbo Coaster Theme and Hints at Anniversary Celebration!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D23 Spring Edition Reveals Dumbo Coaster Theme and Hints at Anniversary Celebrati

I haven't read the article, but I just from what we're hearing here, I find the notion of making the scene where Dumbo performs in the clown act into the coaster a little bit of an odd choice. It's Dumbo doing all the flying in that scene so... we're flying with Dumbo? Like we already are in another attraction?

Comment

Re: D23 Spring Edition Reveals Dumbo Coaster Theme and Hints at Anniversary Celebrati

If you zoom in on the model, you can see the cars on the track kinda look like the clown's firetruck. I take that as less "flying with Dumbo" and more "racing around with clowns.

It makes it more generic, just maybe not as repetitive.

Comment

In the event anyone cared, Construction Walls have been placed on the Berm from Ariels Grotto to the ToonTown Entrance.
        GRD999 - The Ghost Relations Dept.

http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.com/
        http://www.theghoulishgallery.com/

Comment

I'm a bit surprised by this decision. I had assumed that since this area is being themed to Dumbo, the roller coaster being re-themed to Casey Junior was a forgone conclusion. In my brain box it seemed like a perfect fit.

I can see why they might want to avoid another wild steam train roller coaster, since they have a pretty great one right near the previous stop on the Walt Disney World Railroad. This issue is compounded by the fact that the Dumbo theme absorbing the Toontown Fair station may essentially make the Walt Disney World Railroad into Casey Jr. if only for that brief section of the track. So a Casey Jr. Coaster may be even more redundant. That said, Casey Jr. has been chugging along as his own ride in Anaheim for near 55 years without causing any confusion.

Clowns? Really, clowns? I understand that the clowns play a very important role in Dumbo, but this idea worries me for more reasons than just coulrophobia (yes, I am enough of a dork to look up the term for fear of clowns). I'm worried that the end result will be a few two dimensional clown head cutouts a-la Primevil Whirl and Mullholland Madness and the rest of the surrounding circus themed area will be carnival games and all those other things that were specifically cited as things Disney didn't want in his park. I haven't seen the concept art for the new coaster, so I could be wrong. I hope I am.

I have a lot of issues with the new Fantasyland, but I won't hijack your thread more than I already have.
          It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
          sigpic

Comment

Wow, and it was a Disney attraction that made me hate clowns in the first place (Magic Journeys anyone?)
            My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

Comment

Hi guys ive just read the full article and i was just wondering if anyone knows if the princesses will be real people or animatronics. It says that in the cinderella experience that we see her rags turn into the ball dress before our eyes. This makes me think that animatronics maybe used. If not then all this "interactive" stuff will all have to be scheduled which would be a massive pain in the butt!!

In regards to the barnstormer clown redo i would like to see some concept art to get an idea about what they are talking about. What I really want to happen is for them to make a new toon town instead of moving micky's house to main street (i thinks thats whats happening isnt it??) if so I personally think its going to ruin the feel of Main Street. I REALLY REALLY hope this expansion works!!!! Please Please Please Disney dont cheap out on this project!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SBS View Post
                Hi guys ive just read the full article and i was just wondering if anyone knows if the princesses will be real people or animatronics. It says that in the cinderella experience that we see her rags turn into the ball dress before our eyes. This makes me think that animatronics maybe used. If not then all this "interactive" stuff will all have to be scheduled which would be a massive pain in the butt!!
                According to an article on another site... it will be a live CM

Comment

Re: The Spring 2010 issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine features a huge article on

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                  Lots of fire and water effects on a kiddie coaster? Sounds like fun to terrify small children.
                  We have a haunted house every Halloween. Terrifying small children is great fun; trust me on that one.

A bientot.
                  Remember
                  What the dormouse said
                  Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

This quashes the rumors that the Fantasyland CM's had floating around when I worked there of moving pan to playful spot and putting in a new coaster/dark ride where pan is. Kind of depressed after hearing about the clowns.
                    I have worked:
                    T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                    Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                    Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Have lived in Chatham and Patterson.

Comment

Hello SpeedwaySlave....

I know someone that worked in Fantasyland that now works Speedway... are you he? <didn't you work Philhar?>

Comment

I did the opposite switch, when space went down I was moved to pooh. I think I may know who you are talking about though.
                        I have worked:
                        T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                        Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                        Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Comment

Hmmmm... I wasn't working Pooh too much when Space came down. I only knew one girl that was at Pooh while that happened... Hmmm....

Are you thinking Damien?

Comment

They should call the coaster, "Escape from IT"

Comment

Originally posted by GRD999 View Post
                              Hmmmm... I wasn't working Pooh too much when Space came down. I only knew one girl that was at Pooh while that happened... Hmmm....

Are you thinking Damien?

The girl's name was Tiffany, I was trained with her by Bob (Bob is a great trainer IMHO). I was only there for a month though and then I left.
                              I have worked:

Comment

Re: The Spring 2010 issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine features a huge article on

Originally posted by jesterjack View Post
                                oh great, one of my first roller coasters is being re-themed to * dramatic pause* Clowns
                                why......WHY!!!!!
                                Just feel lucky that your first roller coaster wasn't shut down and left to rot for five years and then torn down
                                Come all and read about my new Tomorrowland

Comment

Originally posted by speedwayslave View Post
                                  The girl's name was Tiffany, I was trained with her by Bob (Bob is a great trainer IMHO). I was only there for a month though and then I left.
                                  Ah, ok. Bob is awesome. He went from full time to part time, lost a ton of seniority. He's hilarious though. I don't know if he's smoking cigarettes or eating them... You know what I mean.

Hmmmm... not sure if I know who you are... I want to say I do, but... never know. I'm always in Fantasyland at Philhar with the occasional Pooh shift. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by GRD999 View Post
                                    Ah, ok. Bob is awesome. He went from full time to part time, lost a ton of seniority. He's hilarious though. I don't know if he's smoking cigarettes or eating them... You know what I mean.

Hmmmm... not sure if I know who you are... I want to say I do, but... never know. I'm always in Fantasyland at Philhar with the occasional Pooh shift. Hmmm...
                                    Yah, Bob had more then a few interesting jokes hahaha. My favorite quote of his was, "I'm going to get more water, it's okay to go smoke cigarettes if I say I'm drinking water because then my wife can't find out" ;-)

I'm probably going to be back in May but in merch. =/
                                    I have worked:

Comment

My personal favorite is when people are training, he warns of what happens if they fail.

"You know what happens if you don't make it here? They send you to Seaworld, give you a shovel and and diving equipment and you get to clean up after Sh'mu"

Comment

Working...
                                      X