This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Pollo Campero to replace McDonald's in DTD

Here's the article. Though it doesn't state in the article McDonald's is closing, other sites are reporting April 30th as the last day, with Pollo opening in November.

Anyone eat here before? Would this be considered a step up?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: Pollo Campero to replace McDonald's in DTD

That McDonald's would have to be one of the busiest around; why would they close it?

Comment

There's one near my place in Florida and I've eaten there once. It was actually VERY good for fast food. Definitely better than McDonalds. But, I don't see them closing that monster McDonalds for one of these.
      -Tim

Comment

They say that that McDonald's is the busiest fast food restaurant in the US. It's hard to believe they would be shutting it down.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

Don't see why they would have to close one place(especially if it is such a busy location) just to open another. Wasn't the whole point of closing Pleasure Island to make way for more shops and restaurants. I don't see much progress being made at PI which is rather sad. The article doesn't say anything about McDonalds closing, has it been confirmed somewhere else or just a rumor?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Pollo Campero was all the rage in El Salvador when I visited there.

Comment

Here's the article about McDonalds closing...

I would assume it has to do with the contract and agreement Disney and McDonalds recently ended, and that Disney is looking to shy away from McDonalds' reputation for unhealthy fast food.

I don't know why this is much better, but oh well...

Also, since this is so popular in Latin America would this have anything to do with Brazilian tour groups? Just a thought....
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Wow. That place is always packed. I am surprised its closing. That sucks for me. It was such an easy place to run into and pick up milk for my son when we walk around DTD.
                Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

well for me the good news is that instead of paying alot for a churro, i can now go to Pollo and get two for a dollar!)

Ohh, i thought you meant Pollo Loco
                  "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Comment

I'm rather happy, simply because I vowed not to eat McDonald's at any point on our last vacation, and nearly had to last trip when everything else was too packed before our show of Cirque.
                    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

McDonald's may be busy, but the one at DTD is seriously overpriced and why would I want to go to McDonald's when I'm at WDW when there's one less than a mile away from where I live? I want something different than what I can get any day I want. That's why I skip McDonald's altogether and go for places like Earl of Sandwich. It's about the same price at McDonald's, but the food quality is WAY better.

Comment

I'm secretly happy about this, if in part because my family always eats at McDs when I'd rather be at Earl of Sandwich.

Comment

As others have mention..Pollo campero is good..better then Mc'ds for sure...the food is fresher I can say that for sure..
                          "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Last time I was at Disneyland, the McDonalds by the Rivers Of America was shuttered, so it appears that the relationship between the 2 is all done. I thought something was up when I noticed McDonalds didn't have Happy Meal toys for the last few Disney films.

Comment

Originally posted by santadog View Post
                              Last time I was at Disneyland, the McDonalds by the Rivers Of America was shuttered, so it appears that the relationship between the 2 is all done
                              The inpark deals have been done for some time. The food carts were removed over the last year+. But the outside locations would be different.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X