X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WDW by myself?

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
    The downside is yes you are alone, and that can be lonely especially at night when your headed back to the hotel alone and sometimes when eating alone.
    That's what alcohol is for!

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
      That's what alcohol is for!
      I've heard that - unfortunately, I don't drink. That's one of the reasons I visit the World - it's the only high I get.

Comment

It looks like i'm going to be going to WDW in june. Can't wait to see DL's little sister XD

Comment

I'm going to DLR with my folks in May. We will be touring the parks together for two days, but we decided that I will do a third, half day on my own before we leave Anaheim. They don't do many thrill rides, so I will use the solo time to ride TOT, Space, etc.

So I'll be getting the best of both worlds on this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
            I've done a park by myself and loved it. I don't know how I'd feel about 3-5 days alone. I think I'd get quite lonely. However, every now and then just having the park to yourself and doing only what you want to do is nice. Ride whatever rides you want, when you want, etc...
            That neatly sums up how I felt about doing TDL alone. I think more than a 2 days would leave me feeling a bit empty, unless I was planning to use it as an opportunity to woo strange women. If you are doing something different each day, the novelty of each solo experience might outweigh the lack of companionship, but if you start doing the same thing over and over for a few days, the lack of companionship might become a burden.

There definitely is a cool edge to traveling alone for a few days, waking when you want to wake, eating when you want to eat, doing what you want to do. How long that edge lasts depends upon your own personal preferences, but you never know until you do it.
            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

I've had absolutely no problem doing WDW before solo, even for that amount of time. Some suggestions :

1) Have fun calling/emailing/texting pictures and funs to friends to share your experience with, even if they aren't there physically with you.

2) Take the time to stop and enjoy things you may not when rushing through the parks with others - see something you like? You are in total control. Stop and smell the proverbial roses.

3) Some of my favorite solo restaurants: The Plaza at MK, Chefs de France in Epcot, Brown Derby at MGM. I have had multiple excellent experiences dining solo at all.

Just go and have fun!

Comment

I find it easier to visit DLR alone than WDW alone, mostly because WDW is so big and so "family vacation destination-esque" that it can get a bit lonely, for me at least. That's not to say I don't have fun, but it can be a little awkward waiting alone in stand-by lines sometimes. But some people don't have a problem with that. It depends on your personality, I guess.

Comment

I was in WDW by myself for 5 days. That wasn't the plan. I was meeting friends who lived in FL but through some very weird happenings everyone went home but not being from FL I was kinda "stuck". I totally made the most of it. I usually go with people who as being in FL go to Disney way more than I do. So I get hustled by certain things. Which with friends is no big deal but once I was alone I did all the things I never do. Most people are right after you've done each park once you do get lonely but I spent a lot of time texting and calling friends and family in line or while waiting for a parade. By the end I was ready to go home but I'd do another solo Disney vacation for a shorter period of time especially if I was already down there.

Comment

Originally posted by KevRus View Post
                    I find it easier to visit DLR alone than WDW alone, mostly because WDW is so big and so "family vacation destination-esque" that it can get a bit lonely, for me at least.
                    This is the part that was the greatest concern for me actually. I've gone on trips by myself in the past - I spent 10 days once driving around and exploring Ireland - I liked it so much that I did the same thing the following year in Scotland - I'm OK by myself - I just never thought of Disney for that type of trip - but thanks to all of you and your suggestions, it's looking like I'll give it a try.

Comment

The funny thing is, being in WDW by yourself is totally about YOU feeling comfortable. If you look around you and see families and couples and groups all having fun, you might feel a little left out. But if you really look at your place in the World and how you fit in, you'll probably notice that absolutely no one is paying any attention to you. They're all paying attention to their own families and couples and groups. A single park stormer is free to do whatever, and no one will have anything to say about it, cuz no one will notice you. Now, that can sound kinda sad, or it can sound kinda freeing. Your choice.

Comment

I am a loner by nature, so visiting the parks alone doesn't bother me at all. I do like sharing the fun with my family, of course, but now that my grandson is 17, I can see more trips without him than with him.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Working...
                        X