X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coheteboy
    replied
    Re: Quality of CMs at WDW

I've been three times and was also shocked that my treatment at just one day at Universal Orlando was LOADS nicer than the entire week at WDW combined. And I'm not just talking about the indifferent CM... there were more than a handful that were flat out rude, yelled, chewed people out, etc.

The great CMs at WDW, and yes, there were a few, were mostly those from another country.

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Wow... I've never had a really bad experience with a WDW CM. Nothing to remember at least. I do remember some good experiences though.

Leave a comment:

• seenoevil
    replied

We've been going as a group for the last 6 years and the CMs at DHS really stood out this year. Not in a good way. Our group was split up, but we all had an encounter of the same caliber, when we compared notes later.

Leave a comment:

• Dagobert
    replied

Two years ago we have been to WDW and we have also encountered some very unfriendly CMs. I was very surprised by this behavior, because on many Disney forums people are talking about how bad the CMs are at DLRP and how great they are in the American parks. We have been to DLRP several times and there the CMs are not better and not worse than their US colleagues. Maybe our expectations were too high, but in my opinion there is no difference between the American and the European CMs.

Leave a comment:

• meekobiscuit
    started a topic [Chat] Quality of CMs at WDW

Quality of CMs at WDW

I was at WDW from 01.03 - 01.10 this year and I was shocked at how rude and/or how ill prepared the CMs were at WDW. The rude CMs were American and the CMs who did not seem very knowledgeable were international. Did a lot of the regular CMs get time off after the busy holiday season and did they get replaced by temps??? I don't know, but it was bizarre.

These 2 CMs at a gift shop in Anandapur in DAK talking about how to apply make-up, completely ignoring the guests. The kicker is, they were not standing, but squatting behind a fixture, talking to each other.

2 other CMs at the gift shop at the World Showcase entrance to Epcot completely ignored me as I went up to the cash wrap to make a purchase. They guy CM behind the counter looked me up and down and went back to talking to the other CM. I had to declare that I wanted to make a purchase before they acknowledged me. BTW, this guy was creepy looking. He looked like he was on drugs or was released from a half-way house...

I know it's hard to keep such a huge company employed with good quality front-end people, but this was ridiculous! It made me appreciate the CMs here at DLR, and even they're not that great!!!

I do have to give kudos to the CMs who were spectacular though... We had a great server at the Ohana character breakfast and at the Cape May Cafe character breakfast.

The standout was a CM from Africa (I forget which country! I feel bad!) named, Innocent. He was the best CM that I had experienced throughout my WDW trip. Innocent was passionate about helping chimpanzees back in his home country and was using his job at the DAK lodge to spread awareness about how fragile these creatures' habitats have become. Innocent is the epitome of what a great Disney CM should be. Thank you, Innocent, for making our trip memorable!
Working...
X