Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Electrical Parade returning to Florida..?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electrical Parade returning to Florida..?

Its in storage in HKDL!

Comment

Do we know for sure that DCA's version is leaving? It's not the only version in existence. WDW's old parade (then DLP's, and now supposedly HKDL's) could very well never have made it to HKDL and is sitting somewhere else.

It seems to me that the cost of moving DCA's version to the MK would be about the same as modest upgrades to SpectroMagic similar to DEP's last year. After all, those updates probably didn't cost TDA a whole lot (probably no more than $1-2 million), and moving an entire parade across the country is no small expense, either.
      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
        Do we know for sure that DCA's version is leaving? It's not the only version in existence. WDW's old parade (then DLP's, and now supposedly HKDL's) could very well never have made it to HKDL and is sitting somewhere else.
        I don't think we know which version of the show is being shipped to Florida. However, many of the parade CMs in California have been told that EP is not returning any time soon. So it would make sense.

I'm holding out for a new version of Electrical Parade for Disneyland in the not too distant future. If they do it, they should go ahead and build the traffic arcade behind Main Street as well since crowds will be huge!
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
          I don't think we know which version of the show is being shipped to Florida. However, many of the parade CMs in California have been told that EP is not returning any time soon. So it would make sense.
          Why is it on the schedule for Spring Break then?

I don't doubt it's a possibility they'd ship DCA's version out to FL, but it just seems illogical. Maybe they're expecting massive crowds for WoC and just don't want to deal with planning DEP around that, nor do they want any backlash from "returning" it to DL.
          "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

This sounds like WDW's own version of summer Nightastic with a new Illuminations tag, the return of the Electrical Parade, and the Pirates fireworks,

It'll be interesting to see what else is planned (IF anything) after the press announcement today.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ugh. I love Spectromagic, and I know it's old and could use some freshening up, but I love the feel of it. And its soundtrack is far superior to the MSEP's.
              someday, when we are wiser,
              when the world's older,
              when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
              - Walt Disney

Comment

It's official: Disney Parks Blog . Disney World is about to have its own version of night-tastic thus summer.

Both MSEP, complete with the new Tink float and new Pinnochio float as well as the relatively new Magic, Music and Mayhem fireworks will be presented at the MK over the summer starting in June (MMM is one of MK's best fireworks shows, previously only seen in the limited number of Princess and Pirate parties before.)

New TOT lighting effects and a "new addition" have also been announced. A press conference at the new ESPN Grill at the renamed ESPN wide World of Sports is still ongoing....
                Last edited by CTXRover; 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

YESYESYES. Those fireworks are amazing!

Rather displeased about the parade, but it sounds like Spectromagic will return. And Tower of Terror has been begging for some cooler lighting effects.
                  when the world's older,
                  when we have learned

- Walt Disney

Comment

This makes me very happy. Now I have yet another excuse to head down to the World this summer!

Comment

So will the MSEP be about the same as the current Electrical Parade at DCA? I'm hoping that they'll bring MSEP back to DL park soon.
                      Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

I'm curious what the addition to the Tower will be...
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Is it the Disneyland version? That would almost make sense, give the parade to WDW for the summer months just as WoC is getting into the swing and the crowds will be huge and there's no need and no space for a parade, and then ship it back to DL in the autumn to make it's triumphant return there.
                          when the world's older,
                          when we have learned

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nicoleloveswalt View Post
                            Is it the Disneyland version? That would almost make sense, give the parade to WDW for the summer months just as WoC is getting into the swing and the crowds will be huge and there's no need and no space for a parade, and then ship it back to DL in the autumn to make it's triumphant return there.
                            This is true. Although, they could just move the Electrical parade back to DL.

Comment

I'm so excited! I hope while Spectro is out it can get some much-needed upgrades. MSEP sounds like it's going to be the DCA version based on the description on the parks blog, but they're going to change it back to the Main Street Electrical Parade. And the "new audio technology" will probably be the DreamLights music again.
                              ToT's upgrades and M3's return are also totally awesome too!

Wait, I was just thinking, didn't Tokyo also have an "original" Electrical Parade at one point? The one where the Swans came from...was that dismantled?

Comment

Per a user on twitter at the press event, there are rumblings that the new fireworks show for MK will be something completely new and not the Magic, Music and Mayhem as initially thought...

Comment

I hope it's just a limited engagement, I HOPE it's a limited engagement...

Comment

Glad that Spectro is leaving.

Comment

Also Fantasmic won't get any new additions . I wish they could do something more entertaining and a little better especially with all the issues they had with DL's Fantasmic Dragon '' Murphy '' .

I can't wait to see how they'll advertise the '' Nightastic '' on the I4 or anywhere surrounding WDW .

To all WDW locals just be prepared to see this again !!!
                                      HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CTXRover View Post
                                        Per a user on twitter at the press event, there are rumblings that the new fireworks show for MK will be something completely new and not the Magic, Music and Mayhem as initially thought...
                                        By "New" you mean like Magical? XD

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Magical to WDW.

Comment

It's been confirmed that the fireworks show will be Magic, Music, and Mayhem
                                          - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                                          X