Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Electrical Parade returning to Florida..?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electrical Parade returning to Florida..?

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
    It's been confirmed that the fireworks show will be Magic, Music, and Mayhem
    I must express my extreme pleasure again. It really is an awesome show. The attack on the castle is brilliant.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
      Do we know for sure that DCA's version is leaving? It's not the only version in existence. WDW's old parade (then DLP's, and now supposedly HKDL's) could very well never have made it to HKDL and is sitting somewhere else.

It seems to me that the cost of moving DCA's version to the MK would be about the same as modest upgrades to SpectroMagic similar to DEP's last year. After all, those updates probably didn't cost TDA a whole lot (probably no more than $1-2 million), and moving an entire parade across the country is no small expense, either.
      Well the WDW version of the parade went to Paris and is now in HKDL ( I know this for sure bc i remember watching a video clip of the new verzion of the parade for DL's Nightastic and the Imagineer saying that the Pinnochio and Snow White units were in storage at HDKL) so they may be using that version along with the enhancements made to the original parade. I would asume that this is true bc the DCA version will be running until the end of April, and to dismantle all the floats, costumes, etc. then pack it up, ship it out to Florida, and then piece it together again seems like a real hastle. Oh and I read the press release and Tinkerbell will also be leading the parade, not the Blue Fairy

Comment

This is great news!! I might have to consider a quick visit this summer.

Somewhat off topic but not really...after just recently seeing the Electric Parade, on youtube, that they did in NYC to promote the Hercules movie premier (back in 1997), I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the new floats that were created for that parade? I really liked the Pegasus float but don't remember seeing it used anywhere else.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
          This is great news!! I might have to consider a quick visit this summer.

Somewhat off topic but not really...after just recently seeing the Electric Parade, on youtube, that they did in NYC to promote the Hercules movie premier (back in 1997), I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the new floats that were created for that parade? I really liked the Pegasus float but don't remember seeing it used anywhere else.
          I went to that, and was wondering the same thing... I was very small at the time and don't remember it so clearly, but did they join the Fantasia segment of SpectroMagic?
          when the world's older,
          when we have learned

- Walt Disney

Comment

Color me pleased. I love Magic, Music & Mayhem, and will go back to MK to watch fireworks for it, actually within the park, something I have given up on years ago.

And to see MSEP again without having to lose Spectromagic forever makes me pleased as well. I wonder what changes will come this time (can we get Roger Rabbit back instead of Genie?).

Though the rumored Illuminations tag wasn't announced, and I am interested to see what they can do to Tower of Terror. I like the current lighting, a new lighting scheme isn't necessarily good (we could get the cartoon colors of DCA's).

At least they are giving us something this summer to look forward to.

Comment

So does anyone have any info on how limited this will be. We usually don't go until end of August/Beginning of Sept, and I want to make sure we won't miss it.

Comment

Ugh. I am not happy that WDW is getting it. Do some upgrades on Spectromagic. Leave DEP at its home. We just got a new float and now its leaving.... yes their summer promotion and everything but all we got was a new dragon ( totally awesome ) and floatsom and jetsom but you get an entire parade... hmm. I know its harder since alot of visitors here are local but just saying. If it returns after the summer I will be fine!

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                  I think Florida needs it more now. We've had plenty of opportunities to see it. It will be back some day. I'm fine with moving it around, hasn't it been to every Disney park except Hong Kong?
                  yes although HK has the old WDW version in their posetion but hasn't done anything with it since they got it like 3 years ago. the last thing i heard on that version was Paris shipped it back to Floroda and it sat in Central Shops for a while and then after refurbing it the floats were sent to Hong Kong

Comment

Wow... Very DL of the WDW resort. I am pleasantly surprised. From reading the press event announcement details, there seems little doubt that this ELP unit is in fact DCA's current set. My only concern is during the 2001 run of the ELP at MK, they had to water it down. Some time after it first starting rolling out, they "cut" the canopy of lights before and after the clock that were held above the ball room dancers. I hear the reason was it was causing to many back injuries to those who had to carry it. Which I always found odd that when it returned to DCA, so did the canopy of lights, and its remained there for the entire run. Should be interesting to see if WDW keeps or dismiss this feature. My other concern is that while Spectro is beautiful to look it, really doesn't have much dancing. ELP has much more choreography numbers woven into the characters on and inbetween the floats. And finally, WDW now has the "cannot stage to sides of any float rule" which will make several of the floats an issue. Such as the aforementioned Big Ben float, and the Patriotic Finally Float.

I hope MMM will include the semi perimeter shots the version shown during the parties had.
                    Last edited by Kidgenie; 02-10-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mastromjm View Post
                      And the "new audio technology" will probably be the DreamLights music again.
                      You're probably right, but the preview video that they showed at the announcement used the classic (and far superior) Don Dorsey soundtrack:
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETmtX6fpjCA"]YouTube - Summer Nightastic announcement for Walt Disney World, Return of the Main Street Electrical Parade[/ame]

Hopefully that means they actually are using new audio technology to remaster the soundtrack, not replace it with DreamLights. Could have just been an editing mistake on their part though.

I also hope that if and when it comes back to DLR, they won't have to change the drum back to "Disney's Electrical Parade." Or use the DreamLights soundtrack ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
                        We NEED the MSEP. Spectro has been running, except for a brief return of MSEP, almost nightly for close to 20 years. We need either something new or something old. You've had it off and on for years now. Like they say on the playground, give somebody else a turn.
                        Yes, Please, can we have it in Florida just for a little while? Promise we'll give it back

My son saw it in WDW when he was a small child, he actually saw it before spectromagic. He's almost a teenager now, and he still asks about "that other parade...the one that was better" I'd love to see it again too, I think the music is so much better, more toe-tapping, hand-clapping...

We got to go to Disneyland last year (the park I grew up going to), I can't tell you how aggravated I was that it was at DCA and not disneyland, so we didn't get to see it. Oh well, at least we got to see Disneylands (superior) Fantasmic!

Comment

It took me several views, but I eventually learned to enjoy Spectromagic on its own merits, but it never held a candle to The Main Street Electrical Parade. No offense mean to those who do, but I don't understand how you could prefer the music to Spectromagic. Again, it's fine, but it's music that sounds just like the music you hear for everything else. The Electrical Parade music sounds like nothing else in the world. It IS the music of electric lights.

Here's hoping I can make it down this summer for the "spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds." It's been way too long.

Comment

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
                            It took me several views, but I eventually learned to enjoy Spectromagic on its own merits, but it never held a candle to The Main Street Electrical Parade. No offense mean to those who do, but I don't understand how you could prefer the music to Spectromagic. Again, it's fine, but it's music that sounds just like the music you hear for everything else. The Electrical Parade music sounds like nothing else in the world. It IS the music of electric lights.
                            But I can't stand that it's synthesized. I'd rather hear real instruments any day. I understand how it fits the concept of the parade, but as a personal preference, I'd rather hear Spectromagic's music. And the main theme of 'On This Magic Night' totally says it all for me when I'm standing in the middle of Frontierland on a summer night.
                            Last edited by nicoleloveswalt; 02-11-2010, 03:13 PM.
                            when the world's older,
                            when we have learned

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nicoleloveswalt View Post
                              But I can't stand that it's syntesized. I'd rather hear real instruments any day.
                              Synthesizers are instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
                                Yes, Please, can we have it in Florida just for a little while? Promise we'll give it back

My son saw it in WDW when he was a small child, he actually saw it before spectromagic. He's almost a teenager now, and he still asks about "that other parade...the one that was better" I'd love to see it again too, I think the music is so much better, more toe-tapping, hand-clapping...
                                Sounds like a pretty smart kid, recognizing the inferior SpectroMagic parade to The Main Street Electrical Parade.
                                sigpic

Comment

Well I have to say this for Disney. It's a smart move. Why? I had zero plans to go to Disney soon especially during the summer. Having been during off season I never want to be there during the summer again. But having MSEP there makes me want to book a flight right now. TOT is also a favorite of mine so that's another draw for me. Personally I think it's great that they are doing this for WDW. It's the park I usually go to but most people will agree it gets the least amount of love.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                    I'm sure there are people who remember the Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom with nostalgia, just as we do about the parade in Disneyland.
                                    Yes, I am one of those...I remember it from the 70s at the MK

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
                                    So will the MSEP be about the same as the current Electrical Parade at DCA? I'm hoping that they'll bring MSEP back to DL park soon.
                                    It is the DCA parade

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
                                    I hope it's just a limited engagement, I HOPE it's a limited engagement...
                                    everyone in the know was saying two months to two years...earlier today a report came out that there actually might be plans to sell Spectro to Tokyo and keep the MSEP parade at WDW... I guess its a wait and see game at the moment as to what is true and what is not. If anyone would have said MSEP was coming to WDW this summer a few weeks ago who would have believed it really?

Originally posted by joe80x86 View Post
                                    So does anyone have any info on how limited this will be. We usually don't go until end of August/Beginning of Sept, and I want to make sure we won't miss it.
                                    If you mean at WDW, then you have a good shot of seeing it...if you mean at DCA then I would say probably not.

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
                                    Ugh. I am not happy that WDW is getting it. Do some upgrades on Spectromagic. Leave DEP at its home. We just got a new float and now its leaving.... yes their summer promotion and everything but all we got was a new dragon ( totally awesome ) and floatsom and jetsom but you get an entire parade... hmm. I know its harder since alot of visitors here are local but just saying. If it returns after the summer I will be fine!
                                    ~babs
                                    Why not simply enjoy the WOC you are getting...someyoutube vids of it being tested look pretty awesome IMHO!

Comment

I'm going to miss spectro! I know that MSEP has all of the nostalgia going for it. But spectro has been showing since I was born and I do think that spectro is going to be missed by my generation! I know my friends, who arn't really disney-philes, were really sad when they found out that spectro was going! But cheers to TDO mixing it up and giving guests new experiances that are direly needed in MK (and the rest of WDW, sadly!)
                                      "If you can dream it, you can do it!"- Walt Disney

"Do not be afraid to go out into the streets and into public places like the first apostles who preached Christ and the good news of salvation in the squares of cities, towns, and villages" - Pope John Paul II the Great

"On this magic night a million stars will play beside us, and cast a spell of light!" LONG LIVE SPECTRO!

"Be not afraid."- JPII!

"Quand vous avez voulu sur une étoile"

Comment

I wonder if Dream Lights will come state side for two years one year at Disneyland and the other at the Magic Kingdom. Next year Walt Disney World turns 40 so something is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
                                          Like you guys gave back Walts Office?

Comment

Working...
                                          X