Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Electrical Parade returning to Florida..?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagineer Scott
    replied
    Re: Electrical Parade returning to Florida..?

It should really go to DHS on non-Fantasmic nights. DHS has a great parade route.

Leave a comment:

• clockworkmonkey
    replied

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
    Al reports today that the agreement is to have it back in DCA just after Easter 2012.
    3-P: Parading, Parking & Planning - MiceAge.com

A bientot.
    So do we think that the Electrical Parade will actually be running continuously all that time? The promotion seems to imply it's for the summer only, but tis sounds like it'll be playing longer than the Nighttastic Campaign. I sure hope so!

Leave a comment:

• Dcsantos
    replied

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
    Al reports today that the agreement is to have it back in DCA just after Easter 2012.

A bientot.
    Yes and from what i heard it will return once TDA can plan to house the Electrical Parade and WoC all in one night. However, I also heard that 2015 will be the year that the parade is completley re-imagineered (in similar fashion to TDL's Dreamlights) and will perform on Main Street in time for the 60th anniversary

Leave a comment:

• ralfrick
    replied

Originally posted by rob3gd View Post
    Well, Maybe after the summer, It will actually return to main street here at DL. Maybe this is what it is leading up to. If they do, please get rid of "The Green One" and bring back the Fairy!

A bientot.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
    I, luckily, love Dreamlights. It's much more magical. So it was welcomed to have a small piece of it in Anaheim. Most people didn't even notice a change, so there you go.
    I completely agree with you. Nostalgia is a cheap reason not change something. Very few things deserve the title of nostalgia as a reason not to change. MSEP is not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• golden redhead
    replied

I am looking forward to seeing this down here again!

Leave a comment:

• The Forbidden Eye
    replied

Originally posted by rob3gd View Post
    Well, Maybe after the summer, It will actually return to main street here at DL. Maybe this is what it is leading up to. If they do, please get rid of "The Green One" and bring back the Fairy!
    Unfortuantley, the blue fairy float has been destroyed last I heard.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly
    replied

I, luckily, love Dreamlights. It's much more magical. So it was welcomed to have a small piece of it in Anaheim. Most people didn't even notice a change, so there you go.

Leave a comment:

• steve2wdw
    replied

I love what TDA did with the actual float upgrades last year, but all that work went out the window, when the soul-less Tokyo version of Baroque Howdown started. I pray that when the parade units are shipped east, the current soundtrack gets left behind and the original is used. Tokyo's soundtrack is almost too crisp and way too robotic...as a musician, I really dislike it (and I'm being kind).

Leave a comment:

• rob3gd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MegaDisney
    replied

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
    Yes, Please, can we have it in Florida just for a little while? Promise we'll give it back
    Like you guys gave back Walts Office?

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMoose
    replied

I wonder if Dream Lights will come state side for two years one year at Disneyland and the other at the Magic Kingdom. Next year Walt Disney World turns 40 so something is going on.

Leave a comment:

• bikingty189
    replied

I'm going to miss spectro! I know that MSEP has all of the nostalgia going for it. But spectro has been showing since I was born and I do think that spectro is going to be missed by my generation! I know my friends, who arn't really disney-philes, were really sad when they found out that spectro was going! But cheers to TDO mixing it up and giving guests new experiances that are direly needed in MK (and the rest of WDW, sadly!)

Leave a comment:

• puntagordabob
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'm sure there are people who remember the Electrical Parade at Magic Kingdom with nostalgia, just as we do about the parade in Disneyland.
    Yes, I am one of those...I remember it from the 70s at the MK

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    So will the MSEP be about the same as the current Electrical Parade at DCA? I'm hoping that they'll bring MSEP back to DL park soon.
    It is the DCA parade

Originally posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    I hope it's just a limited engagement, I HOPE it's a limited engagement...
    everyone in the know was saying two months to two years...earlier today a report came out that there actually might be plans to sell Spectro to Tokyo and keep the MSEP parade at WDW... I guess its a wait and see game at the moment as to what is true and what is not. If anyone would have said MSEP was coming to WDW this summer a few weeks ago who would have believed it really?

Originally posted by joe80x86 View Post
    So does anyone have any info on how limited this will be. We usually don't go until end of August/Beginning of Sept, and I want to make sure we won't miss it.
    If you mean at WDW, then you have a good shot of seeing it...if you mean at DCA then I would say probably not.

Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
    Ugh. I am not happy that WDW is getting it. Do some upgrades on Spectromagic. Leave DEP at its home. We just got a new float and now its leaving.... yes their summer promotion and everything but all we got was a new dragon ( totally awesome ) and floatsom and jetsom but you get an entire parade... hmm. I know its harder since alot of visitors here are local but just saying. If it returns after the summer I will be fine!
    ~babs
    Why not simply enjoy the WOC you are getting...someyoutube vids of it being tested look pretty awesome IMHO!

Leave a comment:

• GraceysGirl
    replied

Well I have to say this for Disney. It's a smart move. Why? I had zero plans to go to Disney soon especially during the summer. Having been during off season I never want to be there during the summer again. But having MSEP there makes me want to book a flight right now. TOT is also a favorite of mine so that's another draw for me. Personally I think it's great that they are doing this for WDW. It's the park I usually go to but most people will agree it gets the least amount of love.

Leave a comment:

• OC2Epcot
    replied

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
    Yes, Please, can we have it in Florida just for a little while? Promise we'll give it back

My son saw it in WDW when he was a small child, he actually saw it before spectromagic. He's almost a teenager now, and he still asks about "that other parade...the one that was better" I'd love to see it again too, I think the music is so much better, more toe-tapping, hand-clapping...
    Sounds like a pretty smart kid, recognizing the inferior SpectroMagic parade to The Main Street Electrical Parade.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied

Originally posted by nicoleloveswalt View Post
    But I can't stand that it's syntesized. I'd rather hear real instruments any day.
    Synthesizers are instruments.

Leave a comment:

• nicoleloveswalt
    replied

Originally posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    It took me several views, but I eventually learned to enjoy Spectromagic on its own merits, but it never held a candle to The Main Street Electrical Parade. No offense mean to those who do, but I don't understand how you could prefer the music to Spectromagic. Again, it's fine, but it's music that sounds just like the music you hear for everything else. The Electrical Parade music sounds like nothing else in the world. It IS the music of electric lights.
    But I can't stand that it's synthesized. I'd rather hear real instruments any day. I understand how it fits the concept of the parade, but as a personal preference, I'd rather hear Spectromagic's music. And the main theme of 'On This Magic Night' totally says it all for me when I'm standing in the middle of Frontierland on a summer night.
    Last edited by nicoleloveswalt; 02-11-2010, 03:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clockworkmonkey
    replied

It took me several views, but I eventually learned to enjoy Spectromagic on its own merits, but it never held a candle to The Main Street Electrical Parade. No offense mean to those who do, but I don't understand how you could prefer the music to Spectromagic. Again, it's fine, but it's music that sounds just like the music you hear for everything else. The Electrical Parade music sounds like nothing else in the world. It IS the music of electric lights.

Here's hoping I can make it down this summer for the "spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds." It's been way too long.

Leave a comment:

• lily23
    replied

Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post
    We NEED the MSEP. Spectro has been running, except for a brief return of MSEP, almost nightly for close to 20 years. We need either something new or something old. You've had it off and on for years now. Like they say on the playground, give somebody else a turn.

My son saw it in WDW when he was a small child, he actually saw it before spectromagic. He's almost a teenager now, and he still asks about "that other parade...the one that was better" I'd love to see it again too, I think the music is so much better, more toe-tapping, hand-clapping...

We got to go to Disneyland last year (the park I grew up going to), I can't tell you how aggravated I was that it was at DCA and not disneyland, so we didn't get to see it. Oh well, at least we got to see Disneylands (superior) Fantasmic!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X