Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video EPCOT Monorail beam cleaning! WOW!!!!

What a difference a little cleaning makes. Why aren't the beams kept this clean ALL THE TIME %!!@#^&*!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUG4hpAJT8Y]YouTube - Monorail Beam Rehab at Epcot 2/05/2010[/ame]

Re: EPCOT Monorail beam cleaning! WOW!!!!

Wellll, if they hadn't shown what they looked like clean, I wouldn't have realized they're dirty. I'm sure there's more important and more noticeable things to keep clean with their time and money.

Comment

What the what? Why is this happening? It's not Epcot's birthday. Does Epcot have a hot date? Is it picture day at theme park school?

Funny enough, I had just always assumed that the beams were regularly cleaned and that black gunk was just a permanent stain on the concrete. Shows what I know.
      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
        Funny enough, I had just always assumed that the beams were regularly cleaned and that black gunk was just a permanent stain on the concrete. Shows what I know.
        I agree. I always assumed it was just a stain brought on by usage. Looks good though, I'm glad they are doing it. :thumbup:

Comment

Well it is about time I have noticed the past few trips how nasty they had become.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

I'd been complaining about this for years. Glad they're finally doing something about it. Its ridiculous that they were ever allowed to get that bad. I don't mind the rail looking like that so much outside the parks, but on the beams that run right through the parks that should never be allowed to happen.

Comment

HOLY #Q@&3#^Q#^, Batman!

Comment

WOW!!

Comment

Nice. This was long over due. The fact the many seem to thing that is just the way the beams look over time..... speaking volumes to the fact that it should have never been that dirty in the first place AND that it has been that dirty for far too long.

Comment

At least they haven't tried the cheap easy (and bad) way of painting the beams white and hoping that will do the trick. Oh, what do you know. The white paint doesn't look good after awhile....
                    sigpic

Comment

Hello,

Glad to see the interest in the beam cleaning and sealing at Epcot. My company is the contractor responsible for this cleaning and sealing. We have been trying to get WDW to consider this since 1994. We are glad they finally prioritised this and hired us to do it.

We have a great team of guys working on this. Mentions of Tony Ridge his crew and others supporting us at WDW Monorail Ops cant be high enough in acalaids.

WDW isnt big on having companies post pics of thier work for advertising etc. however if we get permission to post some pics of before and afters of the beams we will.

Thanks for noticing!

AC Lockyer
                      Last edited by AC Lockyer; 05-05-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

FINALLY! I think I remember seeing them do this near Test Track last time I visited Epcot. It really was needed. They better get them all cleaned fast though before people start to notice how dirty the other parts are :roll:
                        TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

Comment

AC .... How much of the beam is getting cleaned ?
                          Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Originally posted by AC Lockyer View Post
                            Thanks for noticing!

AC Lockyer
                            We're big on things that make the parks look better. Thanks for posting!

Welcome to MiceChat!
                            -Monorail Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X