Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future World at EPCOT - Entrance, Spaceship Earth, and Innoventions - Pictures

Originally posted by geomorph View Post
    Oh the Tiki Room should have been left alone! Not changed with the stupid Under New Management, and certainly not demolished!
    From what I heard management and several top executives found that the attraction didn't get as much attention as it used to and wanted to tear it down. So a few of Imagineer's came up with the concept of the New Management theme to generate interest.

Comment

Re: Future World at EPCOT - Entrance, Spaceship Earth, and Innoventions - Pictures

Compared to Animal Kingdom Epcot looks so bland and unappealing. At least Future World.

Comment

karamie, yes those two parks are very very different in design!

Comment

Originally posted by geomorph View Post

I just LOVE how Spaceship Earth is lit up at night.

Makes me all the more glad that the stupid wand is gone! :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkie313 View Post
            From what I heard management and several top executives found that the attraction didn't get as much attention as it used to and wanted to tear it down. So a few of Imagineer's came up with the concept of the New Management theme to generate interest.
            I agree. Tearing down WDW's Tiki Room would've indeed been a greater travesty.

More people should be thankful and grateful that WDW still has a Tiki Room either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
              For some perspective:

Top 3 Worst Things Disney Has Ever Done

(Parks Edition)
              1. Carnival style games inside Disney parks
              2. Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management
              3. Superstar Limo
              Sorry, but I just can't agree with that list. I especially disagree with the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by karamie View Post
                Compared to Animal Kingdom Epcot looks so bland and unappealing. At least Future World.
                I couldn't disagree more. You don't have to have flowers and theming over every inch of space to make an appealing design. Future World is sort of a holdover of 80's era design, but I still think it holds up well - very clean, very futuristic. And I even like the monoliths out front, if for no other reason than my smiling face has been there since 1999, greeting everyone for over 10 years!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It sure makes me miss Epcot.
                  Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
                  You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
                  Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
                  Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
                  Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                    but Judi Dench helps to make the meaning of the attraction more accessible to the average theme park guest.
                    Maybe if the average guest was a High School drop-out who had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left.

Comment

Working...
                    X