• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reaver
    Reaver of Souls
    • Jan 2005

Soarin' over... Florida?

Just curious, since I hadn't heard one way or the other yet - As a DL guy, and big fan of Soarin'... here at DCA, I was wondering if the Soarin' going in down in Orlando will be new footage, re-shot for Florida, or the same fottage as ours here in CA? It seems odd to have such a CA-based ride out in Orlando.... Anyone know? Thankee!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.
  • Kate
    • Feb 2005

From what I've heard, the movie will stay the same "temporarily" as part of Disneyland's "gift to WDW."

Comment

• BurningStroller
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2005

yeah, it's going to be the same California movie. I'm a Los Angeles transplant here in Orlando and I can't wait for it! If anything, when they change the movie (the standard 7 years I suppose) I hope it's a 'soarin' over the world' or something to that effect. Maybe flying over the countries represented in World Showcase. I can't think of anything more boring than soarin' over Florida.

Hah, come to think of it...as we know they use smell in soarin' as you fly over certain areas. I wonder what Florida would smell like....SWAMP, SWAMP, SWAMP, TAMPA, SWAMP.

Comment

• DCMatthews
        Magic Kingdom
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BurningStroller
        Hah, come to think of it...as we know they use smell in soarin' as you fly over certain areas. I wonder what Florida would smell like....SWAMP, SWAMP, SWAMP, TAMPA, SWAMP.
        Until you get to Jacksonville, then it's SWAMP, SWAMP, PAPERMILL!
        "Oh, now there's a surprise! I could have a heart attack and die from not surprised!"
        -Iago, Aladdin

Comment

• Soarin' ain't Borin'
          Wannabe Aviator!
          • Feb 2005

I heard that they will be using the same film, until they decide what a "newer" one would be of.

This could be why emphasis is on calling the attraction "Soarin' " Instead of the entire title of "Soarin' over California".

Been to Florida. Yep...flat as a pancake. LOL swamp, swamp, Tampa, swamp...

There is specualtion that a future film could be a general shot of all over America, as oppose to just one state.
          "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
          beauties!"

Comment

• Pizzapants
            Inappropriate
            • Mar 2005

By all accounts, a Soarin' Over the World would make the most sense... I mean, Tthe ride is in The Land pavilion, but when i was at Epcot, the main show building is right behind Canada. It almopst looks like it's part of World Showcase, and California just isn't in World Showcase...or in the Land... or anywhere in the state of Florida. But the World is right there. So if it never changes into soarin over the world, i'm going to...roll my eyes in disappointment. It's still a great ride

Click the banner! ^^^^
            Follow us on Twitter
            @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
            Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

• CaptainCM
              The Magics in the details
              • Mar 2005

it will almost definitely be the same footage. They are going to call it "Soarin'" though, taking the "over California" out of the title. There is serious talk about funding another IMAX shoot for different areas across the US, but i wouldn't expect this until '08. As for the DCA version, there is lots more CA footage that didn't make the first cut i've been told they may use in Soarin Over CA 2.0 as early as 06 (when Tower gets the 4.0 randomizer reprogram/upgrade).
              "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
              Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
              "
              -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Comment

• Jasondlnd
                Carousel Theater Host
                • Mar 2005

Although the footage for Soarin' was entirely shot in California, it does have an American feel to it...the beaches, mountains, and landscapes look almost generic. The only time you even think about it being California is when you see the landmarks: Golden Gate Bridge, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Disneyland.

A really nice plus for those in Florida who haven't seen it yet:
                The return of L'Oranges to EPCOT (among other smells inherent to this new attraction). Haven't smelled those in EPCOT since the demise of Horizons.

Comment

• Cousin Orville
                  Boss Angeles, CA
                  • Jan 2005

This technology certainly makes all the Circlevision films in the other pavilions a great big yawn...
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

• OmegaKnight
                    WDW Cast Member
                    • Mar 2005

When it opens, the movie will indeed be the same as the California version. However, at the conclusion of the Happiest Celebration on Earth, a new film will be installed. What that movie is I do not know but one of my friends is on the opening team of Soarin'.

Comment

• General Grizz
                      Minion
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Pizzapants
                      By all accounts, a Soarin' Over the World would make the most sense... I mean, Tthe ride is in The Land pavilion, but when i was at Epcot, the main show building is right behind Canada. It almopst looks like it's part of World Showcase, and California just isn't in World Showcase...or in the Land... or anywhere in the state of Florida. But the World is right there. So if it never changes into soarin over the world, i'm going to...roll my eyes in disappointment. It's still a great ride
                      I agree with this.

As for our current attraction, The Land isn't about flying over Disneyland or the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenery of the mountains and landscape DOES offer Epcot guests views of the Land, and this can be expanded upon with a general look over the world's biospheres. California is so limited - and also so random for the Land!

Up until now, only EXCLUSIVE attractions (at opening) have made it to Epcot. I think I'll be in love with the Soarin' concept, but I truly hope that the film will be totally remade for 2007.

I also hope it will provide a look at different ecosystems or focus on man's interaction with nature. . . thus offering guests (A) an experience that ties into the Land they are visiting, (B) a reason to visit EPCOT AND Disney's California Adventure to see two different versions, and (C) an attraction that delights - and inspires at the same time.

Comment

• rockyroad
                        Wandering aimlessly
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by CaptainCM
                        it will almost definitely be the same footage. They are going to call it "Soarin'" though, taking the "over California" out of the title.
                        Maybe they should have just named it "Soarin Over Who Cares"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X