Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Advice: Applying for Disney internship.

Hey, everyone. I'll be applying for the Disney internship today. Anyone have any advice for when talking to the interviewer?

Here is what I've got so far:
    Application
    Vintage EPCOT Center polo shirt
    Clean shave
    Haircut
    Good, ol' fashion charm
    and great taste in beer.

Thanks in advance!
    "Those who say that something can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it."- If anyone know who said this, please let me know.

Re: Advice: Applying for Disney internship.

You're wearing a polo shirt to an interview? Try more of an oxford shirt. Be sure it's ironed or pressed! Same with your pants... dress pants or tan or black khakis. Belt!

What about:

A resume? (multiple copies)
    A cover letter? (multiple copies)
    Pen & notepad & questions to ask?
    Lack of mentioning anything about beer?
    Stories where you took charge and did something to promote the well-being of your peers, guests, or company?
    Leadership experience?
    What does diversity and inclusion mean to you?
    Leave your phone in your car.
    -Bill

Comment

Thanks, bill. But, I still have a phone interview. Might you know what kind of questions they ask?
      "Those who say that something can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it."- If anyone know who said this, please let me know.

Comment

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...rogram-68.html

go to the college program thread. everything you need to know is in there

Comment

I got asked "what would you do if your roommate ate your leftover pizza?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bryce05 View Post
            I got asked "what would you do if your roommate ate your leftover pizza?"
            I've interviewed in the past, (not related to disney).
            Follows Bills advice. I'd add to the "stories" line, by saying you are looking for scenarios that demonstrate all the qualities you posess, that they might want. Relate as often as you can to a formal setting, such as previous work or school (depending on your age).
            Read your CV before you give them a copy. It's surprising how many people put something on there that's "sort of true, but sounds good", and then can't remember it when they are in the interview. I've several ways of tripping people up if they are basically lieing.

Be relaxed but formal. It's not a chat in the pub, but they are not looking for funeral directors.

If this really is "the one", try and get other local interviews before the main one to practice.
            Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Working...
            X