Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Favorite World Showcase Attraction?

Well, I was surprised I didn't find this thread already out there! It seems like an obvious question. That is, what is your favorite attraction in Epcot's World Showcase?

Let's keep it to actual attractions, shall we? So that's not including exhibits or just "exploring," unless it may count as the pre-show or post-show of one of the attractions. Here's a refresher:

Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
    Maelstrom (feat. The Spirit of Norway)
    Reflections of China
    The American Adventure
    Impressions de France
    O, Canada!
    Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure (if you'd like to include it)

Go! :yea:

My turn:

Now, Ears of Honesty here, (Mousetalgia reference,) I've only experienced two of these attractions. In my two trips to WDW, (2005, 2009,) I didn't spend an awful lot of time in World Showcase. Our first trip, we had my six-month old brother, so we kind of rushed Epcot, and my mom and younger siblings were mostly character greeting in WS. On our most recent trip, I made a point to get my family to The American Adventure. Since we took the FriendShip Boats, we got to America, and after the show, we ended up only experiencing the Mexico side, with the Kidcot Fun Stops, especially. Still, the only other attraction we got on was Gran Fiesta Tour.

Out of the two? I think I'll say Gran Fiesta! This isn't because I'm an American Adventure hater- (that's a great show.) But on our last trip, I enjoyed the Mexico attraction immensely. I think the reason why is because, in between my sole two trips to the World, I fed my cravings with sites like MiceAge, WDWRadio, and AllEars. I researched the parks and attractions. However, walking onto the Gran Fiesta Tour with my family, I had no idea what the ride had in store. It was really magical riding it.

Why I love it?
    - Fantastic opening scene and entrance to ride.
    - San Angel Inn/Blue Bayou effect.
    - Use of classic characters, (I know this is a controversy, but I have no connection to the old ride and I am not so angry about this characterization.)
    - Use of video screens instead of animatronics. (unusual, simple.)
    - Fun and engaging sets.
    - Doll/Fiesta scene is great.
    - Finale scene, especially city mural with fireworks, is very cool.
    - Overall, a nice and relaxing ride. I can't wait to ride it again soon.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: Favorite World Showcase Attraction?

I have to agree with you about the Gran Fiesta Tour ride. It was one of my favorite things in the whole World Showcase. According to my Dad, I had been on it in 1986, but I don't remember it, so I also didn't have any connect with the old ride. I just thought it was a really neat, relaxing ride. I spent a lot of time at the World Showcase. We saw every movie each country had to offer. I really would love to go back because I know we still missed out on a lot of neat things Epcot has to offer.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

Do I have to pick just 1? I can't honestly. I love American Adventure I get chills when Golden Dream starts playing at the end. That's my favorite followed by Maelstrom because I remember it from being a kid and still enjoy it a lot today. Also having grown up a new favorite has become the movies. I love to travel and want to see the world so watching the movies is really enjoyable for me.

Comment

In world showcase I am much more partial to the live performers than the attractions, but I would have to go with American Adventure. Its a great show and a bit of a hold over from the "old Epcot" (heavy on content and animatronics). Seeing how this show works on the Backstage Magic Tour was amazing.

Comment

I guess most of us have that list of "must do's" in each park everytime we visit The World - World Showcase holds alot of them for me - O Canada is my favorite, followed by American Adventure and Maelstorm. I also love Impressions of France and The Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico - although, I have to admit, that one moved on to the must do list after it added the Three Caballeros - I liked it before - but now I find it more fun. ( and I like the San Angel Inn/Blue Bayou effect as well)

Comment

I love the adventurous feel and gentle thrills of Maelstrom, and the grandeur, technology and patriotism of American Adventure. I would never visit Epcot without visiting those!

Comment

I love the Flume Gorge Boardwalk in Canada even though it's short. It seems miles from the crowds. The River Cruise with the Three Callbereros is second (I think imagineering did a great job with it) and third the American Experience (first time is saw that...well I was sure proud to be an American).
              Thanks Walt for having a vision and sticktoittivness. Thanks Roy for being by his side.

Comment

Spaceship Earth, looking like a giant golf ball rising high above the horizon, welcomes you as you walk through the Park's main entrance.
                tool organizers Tire Inflator

Comment

The American Adventure and Impressions de France. Impressions de France makes me really really want to visit France. The American Adventure really nails the original idea of Epcot in that it is educational (very much so) but also so innovatively entertaining.

But I do think all of the World Showcase attractions are good ones, and the entertainment is the best and varied of the parks at WDW.
                  someday, when we are wiser,
                  when the world's older,
                  when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
                  - Walt Disney

Comment

in order of perference:

america
                    norway
                    mexico

Comment

I'm going with Gran Fiesta Tour. The merchant gag is classic.

I like the Maelstrom a lot, but it's a bit too short.
                      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                      sigpic

Comment

The American Adventure all the way! Every American should see that show at least once in their life.

Comment

My order from best to worst...

O, Canada! - Beautiful, funny, updated.
                          The American Adventure - Just awesome, patriotic.
                          Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros - Fun!
                          Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure (if you'd like to include it) - Excellent family time.
                          Reflections of China - Good movie, needs update.
                          Impressions de France - Good movie, needs update.
                          Maelstrom (feat. The Spirit of Norway) - Ok ride, needs update.

Comment

Now that i'm a little older, and understand what it means to be an american, the American Adventure is most definitely my favorite attraction in all of WS, possibly in all of Epcot (now that they changed SSE >_< ). It's an amazing representation of the "Golden Dream" that we as Americans truly live, and how we got here. From the very beginnings of our country, to the beauty and promise of the future, The American Adventure is one of the most emotional events that I have ever experienced. From the struggles to the victories of our amazing country, it's all there.

It's hard to pick my favorite parts of it, but I do vividly remember that feeling of terror that you get when you hear the radio announcement "Yesterday, December 7th, 1941, a date which will live in infamy, the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked." and of course, the Golden Dreams finale, which yes, I do at the VERY least tear up, when the side curtains open, the torch, Ben Franklin, and Mark Twain are on stage with the sun behind them, "Mr. Twain, 'tis easy to see, hard to foresee, but I foresee the American Adventure to continue a long, long time!"

For me, there is absolutely no comparison. The American Adventure attraction (I'm not even going to get into the entire experience with the voices of liberty, fife and drum, etc.) is by FAR the best attraction in World Showcase.
                            Matt!

Comment

Maelstrom! OMG this ride is fantastic. It;sso random... troll! iceberg! oil drill! ahhhhhh. village. I just love it. Try riding it very tipsy... makes it more fun (I was that way the first time I rode it lol FUN)
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Grad Fiesta Tour, Off Kilter & The British Invasion.

Comment

Gran Fiesta!

My daughter calls it.."the Three Jalepenos". LOL.

It's one of her favorite rides in all of WDW. We rode it last trip, three times in a row. Thankfully, the Cm's saw that there was no line, and let us stay on. LOL

Comment

As a Brit, I like the american adventure. I do wonder how many people appreciate the get the irony in the American Story though.
                                    Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Originally posted by whtmtn View Post
                                      I love the Flume Gorge Boardwalk in Canada even though it's short. It seems miles from the crowds. The River Cruise with the Three Callbereros is second (I think imagineering did a great job with it) and third the American Experience (first time is saw that...well I was sure proud to be an American).
                                      I LOVE all the little areas in World Showcase that are hidden from view and you would have to really go exploring in order to find them. I know the France pavilion, has a whole hidden street in the back corner. I also liked going into that one little building in Morocco that contains artifacts. I dunno if people realize you can even go in there considering the windowless door is closed all the time. China and Morocco have marketplaces that are like one big giant maze.

As far as attractions are concern, well I'm a sucker for nonthrill dark rides and there's only two rides in this area. Not big on the Three Cabelleros upgrade to the Mexican boat ride but I tolerate it.

I do agree however that alot of the attractions and exhibits in World Showcase need to be upgraded or need A LOT more than what is being offered.

One that I strongly feel needs more is Japan. Reason why I'm not so into it? Well I am half Asian so I am exposed to Japanese style dining and mechandise all the time at home. I think it's kinda pointless if those things are all you can offer in the Japan pavilion because I can go off WDW property (or just stay home) and get the same experiences at a local Asian market or a Japanese restaraunt for a less expensive price. They REALLY need more here than just a giant store and a hibachi steakhouse here.

Same could be said for Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                                        One that I strongly feel needs more is Japan. Reason why I'm not so into it? Well I am half Asian so I am exposed to Japanese style dining and mechandise all the time at home. I think it's kinda pointless if those things are all you can offer in the Japan pavilion because I can go off WDW property (or just stay home) and get the same experiences at a local Asian market or a Japanese restaraunt for a less expensive price. They REALLY need more here than just a giant store and a hibachi steakhouse here.

Same could be said for Italy.
                                        I don't get this, you're saying Japan is too much like home, and not different enough....but by saying it's like home, you're validating it's authenticity.
                                        Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Working...
                                        X