X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite World Showcase Attraction?

Originally posted by Thorpeedo View Post
    I don't get this, you're saying Japan is too much like home, and not different enough....but by saying it's like home, you're validating it's authenticity.
    I'm not from Japan. I'm from Indiana. My exposure to Japanese stuff comes from my mom working in a Japanese restaraunt (and now my uncle owns). My mom's family is Korean btw. So we're always exposed to oriental stuff and Japanese cuisine. About 90% of the snacks they offer in the Japanese market in the Epcot pavilion is stuff I can buy at the oriental market near my house for half the price. (Or I can go to the nearest oriental market in Orlando).

Of course I know that not EVERY person who visits WDW has that kind of access like I do but to me it makes the Japan pavilion kinda dull in comparison. An attraction could help that pavilion much more interesting.

Comment

Ah, so what you're saying is that because you're already exposured to those cultures, it reduces any exotic nature the pavillion may have. I can sympathise with that, I see people going ga-ga over some of the English sweets and chocolates, I basically look and say "how much!" and look like this

I know it's a UK pavillion, and therefore incorporates all the countries in the UK, but they have definately mixed them up a bit with artistic license which amuses me more than annoys me.
      Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

The American Advanture is head and shoulder above the others, now don't get me wrong, the other countries are great as well, but the AA is wonderful in presentation and balanced content.

I know I am rising to the bait here from thorpeedo, but I am sure most, if not all of us *dumb* Americans get the *irony*. We as a nation and a people have grown and worked hard to get over our issues, with a wide ethic/immigrant background and have lots still to do.

We have given much to the World. Are we perfect?, of course not, but
        we gave the world the idea all people deserve Freedom and are usually the ones who jump in first to give aid and relief to natural disasters.

As that balanced/ *ironic* show points out, we had to bail out England from being made to have learn to speak German twice in one century!.

Just my opinion....Best Regards.AKK

Comment

Did I read somwhere that Canada was making a new movie for the circle vision presentation?

AKK

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpeedo View Post
            As a Brit, I like the american adventure. I do wonder how many people appreciate the get the irony in the American Story though.
            Irony? Which one?

You mean that we were once a nation of slave owners who wanted to be free?

Or that we all but wiped out an entire nation of native americans while believing in OUR inalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Or that we were a nation supposedly started by people seeking religious freedom and we've now become a nation on the verge of being taken over by intolerant, close-minded puritans?

yeah, some of us get it. (I think - did I leave any out?) But I love the American Experience too - it's narrated by two of my favorite guys in American History - Ben Franklin and Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
              Did I read somwhere that Canada was making a new movie for the circle vision presentation?

AKK
              The film that's being played there now is only about 4 years old, I believe. Martin Short makes reference to Soarin' in it so it wasn't made before 2005. I love the new version - it's much more entertaining than the old one AND - for some reason, the old one never included Niagara Falls - which I thought was kind of weird - maybe it's because I'm originally from that area (NY side, not Ontario). The new one "flies" right over it - fantastic!

Comment

I :love: Malestrom at Norway...the first time I got on it I was in awe and then the backwords drop was just plain awesome..
                "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
                  I :love: Malestrom at Norway...the first time I got on it I was in awe and then the backwords drop was just plain awesome..
                  I like that too - the first time I got on it I remember thinking that it would probably be a Norwegian version of It's a Small World (a ride that I love btw, so don't hammer me), but was happily surprised with all the twists and turns it takes - not to mention that it is freezing in there - it's a nice change from the heat outside. The only complaint I have is that it's too short.

Comment

Seems I was part right, we were down in WDW last winter and by passed Canada because I thought it was the originial movie........................see I messed up..........next time for sure!

Thanks for your help!

AKK

Comment

Yeah those are some of the irony, but you missed that in 1776 the whole idea of life liberty and the pue siut of happness was only for the royaly........the founding father brought it to, well, most people!. We lost hundreds of thousands of lifes in a 4 year battle to end the evils of slavery, (of which there are some 3 million people in orther countries around the world that are still in slavery)

And yes the native Americans were cheated and murdered, and that finailly ended, where it is still happening to native peoples in other parts of the world.

Womans rights.......Arizona I beleive was the first state to have sufferage.and later the nation, long before other parts of the world.

My point is we have as a nation and people, worked hard to reach that golden place......were the orginial dreams of the Constitution and the bill of rights we being realized to every American.

I am not sure what you mean by purtians...but I see the extremes of many religons in our country, wining about each other.......that they are the only right ones.........that is sad...and silly.......I find it is a joke when some dam fool gets up and tells evey one that He (or She) is the only right one!.......the only one that knows the way........Mark Twain once said.*I was born Modest.......but luckily I out drew it*. (yes it's in the AA)........its a shame those folks never out grew it!

NO we are not perfect.....never will be I think.but at least Americans are the first to try and make the human condition better!

Nufh said!..just my opinion....AKK

Comment

Originally posted by celticdar View Post
                        I like that too - the first time I got on it I remember thinking that it would probably be a Norwegian version of It's a Small World (a ride that I love btw, so don't hammer me), but was happily surprised with all the twists and turns it takes - not to mention that it is freezing in there - it's a nice change from the heat outside. The only complaint I have is that it's too short.

It is way too short...but still I love it..I always make sure to ride it at least three times when I'm at EPCOT
                        "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

The American Adventure all the way. Come on, Ben Franklin is the man.

Originally posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
                          NO we are not perfect.....never will be I think.but at least Americans are the first to try and make the human condition better!
                          Well said!
                          "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                          - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                          X