This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Summer crowds

I was thinking about coming down 2nd week of may for 4 days. When do the summer crowds really start coming in? I know most kids are still in school but colleges are out. Anyone been down there at that time?

Re: Summer crowds

Crowds should definitely still be a lot lighter than when summer really gets going. It's been a few years since I was down in May, but it was pretty light the couple of times that I was.

Comment

What were typical wait times during summer? I know that superstar attractions like TSMM, Kilimanjaro and Soarin` will be impossible without Fast Pass, but what about mid-level popularity attractions like the HM, Mission Space, Pirates and Dinosaur? Is everything going to be 60 min + ?

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
        What were typical wait times during summer? I know that superstar attractions like TSMM, Kilimanjaro and Soarin` will be impossible without Fast Pass, but what about mid-level popularity attractions like the HM, Mission Space, Pirates and Dinosaur? Is everything going to be 60 min + ?
        Fastpass is the only way to do the big rides during the summer. The mid-level rides can be around a half hour. They can be longer and they can be shorter but a half hour is pretty typical.

Comment

Summer Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by GraceysGirl View Post
            Fastpass is the only way to do the big rides during the summer. The mid-level rides can be around a half hour. They can be longer and they can be shorter but a half hour is pretty typical.
            Ok, thanks, Graceys. How about during EMH? 10 minutes average?

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
              Ok, thanks, Graceys. How about during EMH? 10 minutes average?
              Even that can vary. Weekdays are shorter, mornings are shorter, end of the night EMH are shorter than weekends or the start of night EMH. If your going during the summer EMH are hugely helpful in terms of quieter time in the park.

Comment

June/July night EMH can yield hour waits easily at Space Mountain.
                I have worked:
                T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Have lived in Chatham and Patterson.

Comment

Originally posted by speedwayslave View Post
                  June/July night EMH can yield hour waits easily at Space Mountain.
                  For the first 90 minutes, definitely, but as the night goes on and people get more tired and leave, the lines can go down quite a bit.

And even though it'll be May, be prepared for hot/humid weather. Summer here in Florida can start as early as April... it's been in the low 80's all this week already.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X