This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video '70s Mousketeers at WDW

Something I came across on Youtube, the Mousketeers go to Walt Disney World is like a time capsule of the Vacation Kingdom. Something of particular interest, since it's come up recently in the last couple months in this forum, footage of River Country in part 1.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYUXfK-MsRc]YouTube - The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World (1977) P1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYH_KYbx4I]YouTube - The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World (1977) P2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NRuG3XV7A]YouTube - The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World (1977) P3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nFV7XJ8brU]YouTube - The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World (1977) P4[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRuLtWt_Y0Y]YouTube - The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World P5[/ame]

Re: '70s Mousketeers at WDW

I watched many of the Wonderful World of Disney shows in the 70's, but I don't remember this special, and I certainly don't remember the "Pooh Polka"!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, nice view of the Skyway, too! and River Country!

And it's interesting to see Ron Miller's name in the opening credits!
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I LOVE the shots in the old Contemporary Resort Fiesta Fun Center! With all the pinball machines and ski-ball. This video only shows a small corner of that great game room, and unfortunately we don't get to see the amazing shooting gallery that was there!

BTW: None of the scenes in the Contemporary Resort hotel room (with the little girl sick in bed, etc) look like an actual Contemporary Resort room. Not what I remember from the 1970s, anyway...

Comment

This was MY Mickey Mouse Club!
        Last edited by aimster; 04-26-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Nice to see the great Ronnie Schell in another of his thankless roles as the "adult" in the group!

Comment

Wow, that was craptacular!

Comment

^^ it was the 70's, what did you expect?

Comment

Oh, trust me I remember the 1970's version of MMC very well, but sometimes fond memories should remain just that.... memories.

(on a side note: That's Lisa Wenchel "Blair" from Facts of Life as the second string blonde)

Comment

I'm just amazed at the difference in the timing of the writing. I mean, who ever thought that it would be ok to kill 2 minutes of network time handing out park passes to every Mouseketeer? But they did that type of scene over and over, and it probably worked well back in the mid-70's.

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
                    (on a side note: That's Lisa Wenchel "Blair" from Facts of Life as the second string blonde)
                    Whelchel, not Wenchel.

Comment

I have not seen this for years. My mom still remembers watching this episode on TV when she was younger.

Comment

I had the 70s Mickey Mouse Club's record when I was a kid. I remember it had this weird funky discoy version of Three Dog Night's "Joy to the World" on it.

Comment

Whelchel, not Wenchel.
                          I stand corrected.

...and just for the record, as a ten year old boy, Kelly was my favorite

Comment

I loved that episode of the wonderful world of Disney! I believe it was titled "The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World".

I had such a crush on mouseketeer Julie Piekarski :blush:

Comment

Originally posted by rspezzano View Post
                              I loved that episode of the wonderful world of Disney! I believe it was titled "The Mouseketeers At Walt Disney World".

I had such a crush on mouseketeer Julie Piekarski :blush:
                              ...some people still do!
                              http://www.talent-plus.com/dataimages/237/1l.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rspezzano View Post
                                So it says on the video's title.

And for the record, Todd was my favorite. I even had a blue ear hat because he had a blue one.

Comment

Omg! Hi, this is my first post on MC ever. I HAD to make an account to respond to this!

When I was a little girl, my mom would play me a tape with this on it. I'm so happy to see it's on Youtube!!

You gotta love that River Country song!!
                                  DECEMBER 13, 2010, HONDA CENTER!

Comment

Working...
                                  X