This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Trip Booked!!

I'm celebrating because I just finished booking my trip! :yea:4 nights at Pop Century, 5 day park hopper ticket, and the QS meal plan. It's the first time I'm going with a meal plan so I'm interested in seeing how that will go. Any tips for great places to eat? I tend to stick to the same places.

I was supposed to go with my cousin but her friend is getting married in Mexico and can't take 2 trips this year. I would like to try a couple of restaurants. I might be meeting friends but if not is it weird to eat alone at a restaurant?

48 days and counting! :thumbup:

Re: Trip Booked!!

First of all, congratulations on your trip to Disney World. I stayed at Pop Century, and I just loved it. I do a lot of touring alone, and I don't have a problem eating by myself. I have never used the Quick Service dining plan. I understand you get two counter service meals a day. I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now except I love to visit different hotels and eat in their food courts. The monorail hotels especially.

Have a wonderful trip. It's warm and crowded at the end of June, so be sure and take some time to lounge around at the great Pop Century Pools.

I googled Quick Service Dining Plan restaurants and this is what I found.

http://www./Page-WD...ants-Quick.asp
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 04-28-2010, 06:02 PM.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

I'm an experienced Disney traveler and went a year ago almost at the exact same time. I love Pop too. I've never gone alone for such a long time. I never thought about trying the other hotel food courts. That's a great idea!

Comment

congrats have a wonderful trip.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think it would be weird to eat alone at a quick service. There's plenty to look at, and it's the perfect time to plan out your next activities.

My personal favorites are: Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Ray's, and El Pirata el Perico at the Magic Kingdom; Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari at the Animal Kingdom; Writer's Stop (really nice place for Coffee and a pastry) and Backlot Express (this place is never crowded) at Hollywood Studios.

Epcot-wise, it's really up to your taste buds. I'm a big Fish and Chips person so I also stop in the UK for those (they're much better than the ones in Rose and Crown). Lotus Blossom Cafe in China is quite nice (definitely try the different flavored ice creams), and we always enjoy whatever we can find in Mexico (the Cantina is currently closed, but there's a small kiosk up in its stead)

Resort-wise, the Port Orleans food court is really great, as are the All-Stars, surprisingly. As is Captain Cook's at the Polynesian. And of course, Beaches and Cream (to-go) at the Yacht and Beach Club.

Do you also get snack credits with the plan?
          someday, when we are wiser,
          when the world's older,
          when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
          - Walt Disney

Comment

Yes I get snack credits. I meant weird to eat at a table service restaurant.

Comment

We had the QS Dining plan last summer and the absolute winner as far as we were concerned was Wolfgang puck express, it's at the top end of Downtown disney away from cirque du soleil, it's almost a sit down meal, with quality food. I'm not fussy as far as food goes, I'm no critic, in fact I only have 3 descriptions for food, bad , nice and acceptable. It was that nice that I took a picture of my BBQ chicken Salad! We also changed plans to go back twice more.
              The service was 2/3 Quality service. I hope I get these guy's names right, it's been a while, but we got great service from Mike and Ewan, but the third visit we made there service was that average, that when we wanted to get the name for name checking in posts like this, we didn't see our waitress, and couldn't even get the girls name. The rest of the team covered for her though so the overall experience was fine.

We also went to the food court at the wilderness lodge which was a nice scenery change from places we'd "been and seen" before in the parks. It was a part of a transfer from a to b where we needed to use a resort as our in between stop because there was no direct route, and we decided to eat there. I forget where we were going.
              Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

What dates? We'll be at POP Sept 25-30 and upgraded to the regular ddp. I'm going with my sister, her husband, her daughter, and her grandson. If you see this big hairy guy, that's me.

Comment

Awesome you guys congrats and have a great trip, I expect trip reports all around. Dont you just love the time that is built up to the trip, I think the anticipation is the best.

Comment

Have an awesome trip! I'm sure you guys will enjoy yourselves immensely. We're also staying at Pop Century this summer! Looking forward to it!
                    TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

Comment

Originally posted by GraceysGirl View Post
                      Yes I get snack credits. I meant weird to eat at a table service restaurant.
                      NO, definitely not. I usually bring a magazine or surf my phone.
                      Have fun!

Oh and it is way easier to get a table
                      Last edited by sdmom; 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
                        What dates? We'll be at POP Sept 25-30 and upgraded to the regular ddp. I'm going with my sister, her husband, her daughter, and her grandson. If you see this big hairy guy, that's me.

I'll be there June 15 - 19th. I wasn't going to go this summer (mostly cause it's the worst time to be there) but I really want to see MSEP.

Comment

I'll be working in Main Entrance Ops at that time, not sure where or what yet, but I know I will be there for sure. =P
                          I have worked:
                          T-Land Attractions - Speedway, Space Mountain, Training Facilitator May 08- April 09
                          Fantasyland Attractions - Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures April 09- May09
                          Icon Attractions (studios) - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Fantasmic May10- Aug10

Have lived in Chatham and Patterson.

Comment

If your looking for a good QS I would say Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD during a trip that I had the QS Plan this place was the best value for your money.

Comment

Working...
                            X