X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lily23
    replied
    Re: First Time to DisneyWorld want to watch "The Carousel of Progress"

Still a good show, even though the last scene is dated, the first three are fun, my kids love it, it's a great way to relax in the afternoon, never seen it closed

Leave a comment:

• icepenguin77
    replied

I'm pretty sure it's open during Magic Hours too, or at least it was when I went.

Leave a comment:

• MouselyGrateful
    replied

Sigh......I haven't seen that show since it was removed from DL. I loved it! Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• Thorpeedo
    replied

I love this attraction, the concept is untouchable. The engineering solution to people throughput is just about perfect !

It needs updating though.
    Last edited by Thorpeedo; 05-01-2010, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MTNGIRL
    replied

I was there just over a week ago and it was open during my entire stay.

Leave a comment:

• nicoleloveswalt
    replied

It hasn't been officially 'seasonal' in ages nor have I ever seen it breakdown. I've even seen it running during evening extra magic hours and special events. The old thing is a horse.

Leave a comment:

• Disneytwins
    replied

From what I've heard is that it went seasonal but it never closed like a seasonal attraction does, so technically, it isn't a seasonal attraction. It should be open when you go.

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    replied

Originally posted by speedwayslave View Post
    Yes, it was pushing as many people through as it could hold (supposedly), but keep in mind this was while space was shut down. Now it can barely fill 1/3 of the theater from what I am told.
    Ah. Thanks.

Well, that's just simple supply and demand, right? Where are all those crowds going to go when one of the Mountain is down. Logically, across Rockettower Plaza.

For a second there my brain was thinking, "Well, they could just have less shows per day." Then I remembered that it doesn't really work that way. inch:

Leave a comment:

• speedwayslave
    replied

Yes, it was pushing as many people through as it could hold (supposedly), but keep in mind this was while space was shut down. Now it can barely fill 1/3 of the theater from what I am told.

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    replied

Originally posted by speedwayslave View Post
    The fact that the OHRC was hit almost every hour made the managers think twice about it being seasonal again.
    Definition please? (Sorry.)

My guess is Operational Hourly Ride Capacity. So you're saying that, when the ride ran, it was full?

Leave a comment:

• speedwayslave
    replied

The last instance of it being "seasonal" was before space went 10-1 for the "upgrades". The fact that the OHRC was hit almost every hour made the managers think twice about it being seasonal again. =P

Leave a comment:

• Krankenstein
    replied

Originally posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
    I believe they leave it listed as seasonal because it breaks down fairly often, so they're covered. It opens most days at 10 am and closes before the park does, so don't leave it for last or you'll miss out.
    It is not listed as seasonal on park maps or WDW's website and it is always operational. Where are you getting this seasonal/breaks down stuff from? I have ridden CoP over 20 times in the last year. I experienced one E-stop due to stupid people standing up during the show.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Every time I visit WDW, CoP is always open. It's definitely not seasonal anymore.

Leave a comment:

• wumbology
    replied

HALLELUJAH Carousel is back, baby!

I saw it in August with my family and really liked it. It's such a nice change of pace from, say, Stitch's Great Escape. *yuck*

Leave a comment:

• Daisy'sno1fan
    replied

I believe they leave it listed as seasonal because it breaks down fairly often, so they're covered. It opens most days at 10 am and closes before the park does, so don't leave it for last or you'll miss out.

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

Yup, CoP isn't seasonal anymore.

Leave a comment:

• CAspace
    replied

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• Krankenstein
    replied

Originally posted by mickeymfan View Post
    I went to MK last October and I was sooo lucky that The Carousel of Progress was open. I spoke to a CM about it because during the ride it broke down and we received a fast pass to ride any attraction. We were told that the The Carousel of Progress isonly open during special times of the year, mostly during the holidays. We went to Mickeys Scariest Halloween Party and that is why it was open. Being that Memorial weekend is right around the corner you may be lucky too and it could be open. You also might want to call to find out.
    That CM was wrong. CoP is now operating on a normal schedule (has been for a number of years now). It is open everyday during regular park hours. You will have no problem riding/watching it.

Leave a comment:

• CAspace
    replied

Thanks for the information! I really really hope that attraction is open. I am most excited to see it. As a long time Disneyland fan, it is something that I never had the privilege of seeing since I was born a bit too late.
    Should I contact the main guest relations number to find out if it will be open?
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• mickeymfan
    replied

I went to MK last October and I was sooo lucky that The Carousel of Progress was open. I spoke to a CM about it because during the ride it broke down and we received a fast pass to ride any attraction. We were told that the The Carousel of Progress isonly open during special times of the year, mostly during the holidays. We went to Mickeys Scariest Halloween Party and that is why it was open. Being that Memorial weekend is right around the corner you may be lucky too and it could be open. You also might want to call to find out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X