Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Time at DisneyWorld, 2 days park hopper, what is your ultimate attraction list?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 1st Time at DisneyWorld, 2 days park hopper, what is your ultimate attraction list?

Ok Friends, I need some Micechat Florida magic here.

I have a 2 day park hopper for Dworld to be used this May

I am a regular Disneyland visitor so I want to make sure I catch the special unique attractions while at Disneyworld. I do not care much for Fantasmic or the fireworks based shows. What would you suggest is the best ride oder based on wait time and limited times?

I know I do want to see the Disneyworld Version of
    PeopleMover, Carousel or progress, HM, SpaceMountain, TOT, MovieRide, RnRcoaster, Mission Space, TestTrack, Everest, Philharmagic, SpaceShip Earth, American Adventure.

Any other tips or hints would be appreciated!
    You are the best.

Re: 1st Time at DisneyWorld, 2 days park hopper, what is your ultimate attraction lis

Goto EPCOT early.. do M:S and Test Track, head to World Showcase, do American Adventure, Mexico, maybe a circlevision show (oCanada or China). Hit Spaceship Earth on your way out. Universe of Energy is pretty unique, but you gotta be a Disney nerd to appreciate it anymore I think.

Then head to AK, and try to catch the last Nemo showing, and EE. This theory works on the park thining out towards the end of the day. Depends on time of year, park schedules, etc. Alternative is to hit AK first thing in the morning on your second day.

Then head to MK for the rest of the night, and hit the attractions you want. you may want to do flashback and hit the SFR Treehouse. Grab a FP for Space if you can when you get there, and tackle the rest as you go. Don't skip Splash Mountain as it's a bit different then DL's. Definately hit Philharm, Hall of Presidents, HM, SpaceM. For nostalgia, hit PM, CoP, SFR Treehouse. Buzz is a alternate. Do MILF if you have time. Do BTMRR late at night. Do POTC just to compare.

For your second day, start out at DHS, get a FP for ToT, and Ride it, then get in line for RnRC, ride it, and grab a FP for it if you can. Do the Great Movie ride just to do it, you can probably skip TSMM (but the queue is fun to see). Have lunch at SciFi Drive in or 50s Diner, and then head off to MK for the rest of the night.

That's what I would do for a ride's focused person. MK has less uniqueness, but more variety, so it's good to burn the rest of the night out there.

Comment

Re: 1st Time at DisneyWorld, 2 days park hopper, what is your ultimate attraction lis

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
      Goto EPCOT early.. do M:S and Test Track, head to World Showcase, do American Adventure, Mexico, maybe a circlevision show (oCanada or China). Hit Spaceship Earth on your way out. Universe of Energy is pretty unique, but you gotta be a Disney nerd to appreciate it anymore I think.

Then head to AK, and try to catch the last Nemo showing, and EE. This theory works on the park thining out towards the end of the day. Depends on time of year, park schedules, etc. Alternative is to hit AK first thing in the morning on your second day.

Then head to MK for the rest of the night, and hit the attractions you want. you may want to do flashback and hit the SFR Treehouse. Grab a FP for Space if you can when you get there, and tackle the rest as you go. Don't skip Splash Mountain as it's a bit different then DL's. Definately hit Philharm, Hall of Presidents, HM, SpaceM. For nostalgia, hit PM, CoP, SFR Treehouse. Buzz is a alternate. Do MILF if you have time. Do BTMRR late at night. Do POTC just to compare.

For your second day, start out at DHS, get a FP for ToT, and Ride it, then get in line for RnRC, ride it, and grab a FP for it if you can. Do the Great Movie ride just to do it, you can probably skip TSMM (but the queue is fun to see). Have lunch at SciFi Drive in or 50s Diner, and then head off to MK for the rest of the night.

That's what I would do for a ride's focused person. MK has less uniqueness, but more variety, so it's good to burn the rest of the night out there.
      Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions! Seems like it will be a challenge to fit this all in! How do we best get from park to park, does the Monorail serve them all? How early should we arrive to Epcot on Day 1?
      Thanks again!

Comment

The monorail only services Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center. You will have to use the busses between Animal Kingdom and DHS.
        For Epcot I would get there when the park opens. Future World usually opens 2 hours before the World Showcase opens, so you can do those rides before hitting the World Showcase.
        Doing all 4 parks in 2 days will be hectic, but I have done it before, so it is doable. Just be prepared to miss a lot of theming.
        Flynnibus's suggestions seems to be pretty good. I agree that Animal Kingdom does usually empty out in the afternoon since most people go to this park early
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Depends on your mode.. commando or relaxer.

If you're going commando, you can go start to finish, and get a ton in if only focusing on rides. But you must go open to close. Even DL you have a hard time doing everything in 2 days.

Your fastest transit will be by car. Monorail only serves EPCOT-MK. The rest you need to ride a bus - which generally isn't too slow, but unless under very bad parking conditions is usually not faster then car.

If you are commando and want control - drive. If you want to relax a bit more, ride the bus - it's curb to curb service.

As for getting there at park opening, just give yourself time to park and walk.. like 20mins before opening. No need to massively queue up like you see at DL.

Unfortunately on a short trip like this, you can't sit back and take in all the finer details - but you can still have fun. Things like take a boat ride to a hotel for lunch from the MK, etc.

Ride the monorail into the MK from TTC if you drive. Take the ferry back. Not because one is excessively better, but just so you mix it up and see it all

Comment

Since you only have one E Ticket listed on your MK list, I'd do the following:

1) Check the Early Entry list and make sure that the parks you visit are NOT on the early entry list.

2) Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom Day - Animal Kingdom at opening. Get fastpass for the Safari and then queue up for Everest. If the park is not busy yet, go ride Dinosaur. If it is, then visit the trails around the Safari or the ones in Asia until it is time for your Safari return. Be in line for Nemo half an hour before the show. Then take a bus to Magic Kingdom. Get a fastpass for Space Mountain. See all of the other attractions you had on your list and then ride Space Mountain before you leave for the day.

3) Studios/Epcot day - Be at Studios at opening. Get a Fastpass for Rockin' Rollercoaster and then get in line for Tower of Terror. If you like stunt shows, see either the Indy show or Lights Motors Action. Neither is great but both are fun. Ride the coaster before you leave. Take the boat to Epcot (if it is busy then you can take a bus). The boat will leave you at Epcot's side gate near France and United Kingdom in World Showcase. Head toward Test Track and get a Fastpass. Then get in line for Space (which shouldn't have much of a line at this time of day). From there, stop at Spaceship earth and then head to Nemo at the Living Sea and Journey into Imagination after that. If your Fastpass for Test Track is valid, ride it now. From there, head around World Showcase (at this time of day it won't matter if you head right or left). Highlights of World Showcase: FOOD, WINE, SHOPPING, and American Adventure. I also enjoy the little Mexican boat ride (never a line). If there is no line for the Malstorm in Norway, ride that too. Make your dinner reservations as early as you can. That is a whole other discussion The park closes at 9pm most nights, so don't underestimate how long is will take you to walk all the way around the lagoon. If American Adventure is very important to you, take the Friendship boat straight to the back of World Showcase and see the American show first. Then head around the lagoon and see as much of the rest of World Showcase as you can before the park closes.

Have a fantastic trip . . . and take me with you!
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Good advice thus far. I'd personally try and shift some of the emphasis away from the Magic Kingdom in order to spend a bit more time at Animal Kingdom.

Rushing through it in a few hours just to hit the E-tickets might be necesscary in your case, but you'll be missing out on the joy of that park - taking things slow, exploring every nook and cranny.

Some of the Magic Kingdom attractions are fun to compare to Disneyland's, but not at the expense of missing out on things that are truly unique to Orlando. Skip Pirates, but do see their spiffed up Haunted Mansion. Skip Buzz. I'd skip Splash Mountain, but Space Mountain is different enough to be worth your while.
              My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

In Epcot's "The Land" pavilion, don't miss the world's largest tomato plant in Living with the Land. Soarin' is the same as the DCA version, so skip it.

Also, be warned that WDW's Space Mountain is MUCH rougher than DL's.

Comment

and also much better (Space Mountain)
                  Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                    and also much better (Space Mountain)
                    False.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I totally agree that you should short the amount of time that you spend at the Magic Kingdom to enjoy more of Animal Kingdom. In many ways Animal Kingdom has become one of my favorite parks. I'd also short the amount of time you spend at the Studios to give more time to Epcot which is an amazing park to just explore (and HUGE).
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Back in 05 when I was a CP a friend of mine came out for the weekend who had never been to WDW (but gone to DL all the time) and had a 2 day park hopper. We managed to get pretty much everything in (even with Super Soap weekend messing with us)
                        The first day was MGM and Magic Kingdom. The Second day was Animal Kingdom and EPCOT. If you're good at blowing through a park you can get it all done. We move fast so that was to our advantage too.
                        A lot of it was luck (hitting the big rides at MGM and Animal Kingdom first thing) I think the only night time show we saw was Wishes (maybe illuminations I cannot remember) I'm not sure that there are tips really but I'd look at the park layouts before you get there. Especially with Magic Kingdom, it's easy to think everything's the same as DL when it's really not.

And OT I agree with Cohete, Space is better in DL

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                          Since you only have one E Ticket listed on your MK list, I'd do the following:

1) Check the Early Entry list and make sure that the parks you visit are NOT on the early entry list.

2) Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom Day - Animal Kingdom at opening. Get fastpass for the Safari and then queue up for Everest. If the park is not busy yet, go ride Dinosaur. If it is, then visit the trails around the Safari or the ones in Asia until it is time for your Safari return. Be in line for Nemo half an hour before the show. Then take a bus to Magic Kingdom. Get a fastpass for Space Mountain. See all of the other attractions you had on your list and then ride Space Mountain before you leave for the day.

3) Studios/Epcot day - Be at Studios at opening. Get a Fastpass for Rockin' Rollercoaster and then get in line for Tower of Terror. If you like stunt shows, see either the Indy show or Lights Motors Action. Neither is great but both are fun. Ride the coaster before you leave. Take the boat to Epcot (if it is busy then you can take a bus). The boat will leave you at Epcot's side gate near France and United Kingdom in World Showcase. Head toward Test Track and get a Fastpass. Then get in line for Space (which shouldn't have much of a line at this time of day). From there, stop at Spaceship earth and then head to Nemo at the Living Sea and Journey into Imagination after that. If your Fastpass for Test Track is valid, ride it now. From there, head around World Showcase (at this time of day it won't matter if you head right or left). Highlights of World Showcase: FOOD, WINE, SHOPPING, and American Adventure. I also enjoy the little Mexican boat ride (never a line). If there is no line for the Malstorm in Norway, ride that too. Make your dinner reservations as early as you can. That is a whole other discussion The park closes at 9pm most nights, so don't underestimate how long is will take you to walk all the way around the lagoon. If American Adventure is very important to you, take the Friendship boat straight to the back of World Showcase and see the American show first. Then head around the lagoon and see as much of the rest of World Showcase as you can before the park closes.

Have a fantastic trip . . . and take me with you!
                          Thanks Dusty (and to everyone else posting ) for the awesome advice.
                          Now you state "1) Check the Early Entry list and make sure that the parks you visit are NOT on the early entry list."
                          What if the park in question is on the early entry list? Does that Mean I should just go to that park later in the day or skip it all together?
                          Thanks again so much!

Comment

The question is.. are you staying onsite? If so, you can take advantage of 'Extra Magic Hours' as it's called in WDW. If not, it just means that park will be a little more crowded when it opens. Fastpass machines don't turn on during EMH, so I don't think it will affect FP strategies.

I forgot about Nemo.. I would put that on your 'must do' list for EPCOT.

Comment

Remember to take advantage of single rider lines, if you can. It will save you time and Fast Passes. In the morning at Studios you can get a FP for Toy Story Midway Mania if you want to go on that, fast passes go VERY quickly for that one. After that you can go to Tower and if you're early enough the lines won't be too long, after that you can go to Rock'n Roller Coaster via the Single Rider line and the wait is typically 10-15 minutes. (I say typically, but really that's what it was when I was there, it could be more or less depending on crowds, but it's a lot quicker than stand by.)

The other two attractions at WDW with Single Rider are Test Track and Everest. The lines were usually pretty short for Mission: Space so we never had to worry about fast passes for that.

Other than that, there is a lot of great advice in this thread, have fun!
                              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X