Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

I can go to ONE WDW park. Which one should I go to?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I can go to ONE WDW park. Which one should I go to?

Just stay at Universal

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
      Just stay at Universal
      That's probably the best advice.

Originally posted by lily23 View Post
      No, not really any great deal on the second park. Not like in CA where it was only $25 to add California's Great Adventure. Wow! I was lucky enough to be there the other day, paid that, went on California Screamin, and nothing else. Totally worth it! But I digress...

You won't pay as much for the second park as you did for the first park, but they still pretty much soak you:

Tickets | Passes | Walt Disney World Resort

At risk of being seriously flamed here, I really wouldn't bother with MK. Disneyland is just so much better. Space Mountain is better. Pooh is better. Buzzlightyear is better. Pirates is in another stratosphere of better. Haunted Mansion is... OK, better in Orlando. But there's no Matterhorn, no Mr. Toad, no Alice in Wonderland, no Indiana Jones. Stitch's Great Escape is the worst attraction in the history of time.

(Ducks flaming arrows)

Just my two cents!
      well like you said, the only big things they have there that DL doesn't have is a better HM, PhilharMagic, and that eternally AWFUL Stitch show. (You forgot to mention better Snow White, Peter Pan, and Splash Mountain.) But yeah you're right since I'm going to DL very soon this week. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
        That's probably the best advice.

well like you said, the only big things they have there that DL doesn't have is a better HM, PhilharMagic, and that eternally AWFUL Stitch show. (You forgot to mention better Snow White, Peter Pan, and Splash Mountain.) But yeah you're right since I'm going to DL very soon this week. Haha
        You think? Orlando doesn't have those floating stars in Peter Pan, I thought that was pretty cool the other day. I don't remember that from my childhood. Didn't check out Snow White, but that's just pretty lame anyway. Splash? You think Orlando is better? Interesting...they are different, but I can't say I think one is better than the other...

I admit I am very partial to Disneyland because I have a strong nostalgic association, and I tend to favor Disneyland if it's a close call... though I have gotten rather used to Orlando's bigger space, more efficient queues, and icecream vendors every hundred feet! Anyway, this is a disussion for another thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
          Thanks for the help guys!

By the way, is there some sort of "2fer" deal they have there where could visit both MK and Epcot? I think we could PROBABLY squeeze in another park. We just don't want to do EVERYTHING. You know what I mean? It would just seem a bit tedious and financially strenuous since we've been to all four parks before. (We last went in 2006.)
          No "2fer" deals in Florida. Your best bet if you *really* want to park hop would be to get a one day hopper from MC partner site, Orlando Fun Tickets. They're 100% legit (they have a contract with all the theme parks in Orlando to sell tickets at a discounted rate).

Discount Walt Disney World Tickets - Buy Orlando Attraction Tickets at Cheap Prices

I'm probably going to get my Universal tix through them when I go in July (I still have 1 day left on my FL resident 3 Day Play pass I got a couple years ago, so WDW is all taken care of).

Comment

I like Magic Kingdom the best but Epcot is probably the most unique and there's lots to do there.
            "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Epcot all the way. It will take you from early morning to the evening, there is lots to do and if your little sister wants to meet the characters they are available in the character spot in innovations.

Comment

I say Animal Kingdom. I love it too much to even say!

Comment

I went with Animal Kingdom too. I get how MK might be a waste of time if you get to go to DLR all the time. However, for me, I kind of get bored at Epcot after the first couple of hours. AK I can do open to close and, in my opinion, Expedition Everest is the best ride going at WDW.

Comment

Working...
                  X